shape
carat
color
clarity

Another Ebay/PayPal question

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have two questions.

I am interested in an item that is listed on Ruby Lane with a three day return period. The seller also has an ebay store with a much wider selection of goods but does not allow returns as policy. Seller is a top rated seller with 10 000 + sales and 99.8% positve feedback.

Question 1: If I purchase on Ruby Lane and return within the return period etc. and the buyer does not refund my money, would PayPal cover this and refund my money? I know PayPal has a policy to cover your purchase price (with caveats) in a case of SND and Item Not Sent, but will they also cover you if the seller does not refund you when you returned the item for other reasons (assuming seller has a written return policy)?

Question 2: I would like to buy through ebay because of the added layer of protection of ebay (seems more powerful than Ruby Lane). If I make an offer and include the condition that the seller extends a return period, and the seller accepts that offer, is that added clause considered part of the contract wrt Ebay and PayPal buyer protection?

Thanks from this ebay newbie.

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
I have purchased several eBay items from vendors with excellent feedback records who have a stated "no return" policy. When the items have not lived up to the advertisment, I have contacted the vendor promptly and have ALWAYS been granted a return with full refund of my shipping costs.

For some of the more expensive items, I have emailed sellers through eBay messsages prior to purchasing, asking them to extend an inspection period and to permit return if the item does not meet my satisfaction. That way, if there is a problem, I have all communications from the vendor stored in my eBay messages account in the event that I have to open a dispute with the seller to get my refund. Using this method, to date I have never had a problem with any seller, but I do only do business with sellers with 99% or better feedback.

Hope this helps...and good luck!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks ON!

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
You are very welcome. I have gotten several BEAUTIFUL items for nearly nothing. I really need to take pictures and post them in SMTB.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
There is no such thing as a no return policy on ebay anymore. I know sellers still use it, but it will not hold up if there is a problem. And I have seen other return periods for 7 and 14 days or more. Sellers can and do put whatever they want, but bottom line, Ebay gives a buyer 45 days in which to file a claim and/or return a product.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Owies Nana|1319477342|3046693 said:
You are very welcome. I have gotten several BEAUTIFUL items for nearly nothing. I really need to take pictures and post them in SMTB.

Yes! Please do!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
ruby59|1319487606|3046812 said:
There is no such thing as a no return policy on ebay anymore. I know sellers still use it, but it will not hold up if there is a problem. And I have seen other return periods for 7 and 14 days or more. Sellers can and do put whatever they want, but bottom line, Ebay gives a buyer 45 days in which to file a claim and/or return a product.

But that is if there is a problem, right, not if you just don't like it?

I asked for a seven day return through Ruby lane in writing in my offer and the seller accepted. Now the wait begins!

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
In my experience, most sellers want you to like the item and want you to be pleased about the transaction. They value their feedback reputation, so if you aren't satisfied, they work with you until you are, even if they have to accept a return.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results