shape
carat
color
clarity

Another dumb question from newbie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cici

Rough_Rock
I am in the process of resetting/upgrading my ering and wedding band. I like the pave/eternity ring style. I saw lot of you mentioned Facet. How is their quality? Any NYer here that has been to the actual store front? How can their price be so much lower than others? Another question is, if I get a ering from say, Ritani or Michael B, should/can I just buy a wedding/eternity band from Facet? Will there be color difference in the platinum? Will the 2 ring look mismatched? Soooo much to learn, sooooo little time!
40.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Hi and welcome!! I''m not a NY-er, nor have I purchased from the vendors you''ve mentioned, but I hope I can help on the plat side.

This is just from my experience trying on plat bands at various places (mall stores) with my plat engagement ring, but the colors have always matched. I don''t know what alloy mine is or what those misc. bands have been, but the colors have been right on. My e-ring band is so thin that it doesn''t have much of a patina yet (< 2 months of wear), but it looks pretty good next to the freshly polished bands out there. So I wouldn''t worry about the plat not matching. There are even some ladies on here who don''t have a color difference between their plat and wg rings (luckies!!!).

I don''t think there should be a problem with buying an ering from Ritani or Michael B and a wedding band from Facets, or any combination of the above and more. My fiance bought my ering at a local B&M jeweler, but we''re ordering my wedding band from www.e-weddingbands.com, and I don''t anticipate any color discrepancies or non-matching problems at all. If you fall in love with a Ritani design but want another designer''s wedding band, go for it! You''re the one who has to be pleased with the final look!

Hope that helps a bit!!
35.gif

cici

Rough_Rock
Also, should ering width and band width be the same or can I do thiner ering and thicker band? The reason I am asking is that the Ritani ring I am looking at is just soooo thin, I want a band that I can wear by itself. Does anyone have pics with different band width I can see? Thanks.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Hey CICI
This is Kayla17''s Ritani set. The ering is thinner than the bands. (just slightly)

127_2755%20(2).JPG

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Here is Mara''s set
Her wedding band is slightly thinner than the ering.

mara%20rings%20collage%200205.JPG

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Here is CarolynW''s.
This is a "thinner" w-band she is considering.

new%20080.jpg

cici

Rough_Rock
I think i like the look where ering and band is almost the same width. Ok, new question. If I do decide to get ering and band from different places, what do I need watch out for? Thanks.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you mean from different stores, or different designers?

cici

Rough_Rock
From different store and designer. Say I get a Ritani or Michael B ering from local B&M store, then decide to save $$$ to go with Signed Pieces'' Facet for wedding band. Anything I need to know, look out for? Will they look mismatched?

Little

Rough_Rock
I have been to Signed Pieces in Manhattan. They are very nice and knowledgeable and the diamond wedding bands/eternity bands are gorgeous! They also have a 30 day money back guarantee... for ANY reason. I just got a 9 diamond wedding band from Signed Pieces. I''ll post pictures tomorrow.

Little

cici

Rough_Rock
Little, thank you so much. Please post a picture when you have a chance. Would love to see those. Was the store front nice? I saw their address on their site, and it said "Booth" something?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s not a store front, they have a booth at 15w47th street and their office is located above the building. I just went there in late January and was very pleased with the quality of their diamonds and the price is hard to beat. I will post pics when I get my eternity band.

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/4/2005 11
6.gif
0:23 AM
Author:cici
Will there be color difference in the platinum? Will the 2 ring look mismatched? Soooo much to learn, sooooo little time!
40.gif
I am pretty sure that at least initally they will look the same. Pretty much all plat and WG rings are rhodium plated. That is why you can have a WG and Plat ring look the same initially. After the rhodium wears off a bit you may be able to tell. but, you can always replate- it isn''t too expensive.

Good luck with your search!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results