shape
carat
color
clarity

Another dress -- please help! pics!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
I need you wonderful ladies more than ever right now! I really never thought I would become one of the brides who bought another dress, I really really didn''t...BUT...

OK, here''s how it started...week before last my Maggie dress arrived. Since I''m getting married on the beach, we ordered an 8 petite b/c it''s 3 inches shorter and I''m wearing flip-flops and the hem would be a PITA. Apparently this dress shop has done this many times before with the maggies and have had no problem -- and they ASSURED me that the bodice would not be shorter than the regular. Yes, red flags should have been waving all over the place, but since I asked and they answered, I really thought we were good. So I got to the fitting and the bodice seemed really different. It wasn''t coming to me that day why it fit so differently. Next day it hit me and I went back to the shop practically in tears since I knew there was no way to re-order in time.

Well, they pinned and prodded and added material and took material in at the hips etc etc so the material wasn''t flaring out all over the place and when I went back today it felt better. (I couldn''t see how low the back was until I got the pics home)...

So I was perusing the brand new sale rack they put out and spotted a dress just like one I''d torn out of a magazine ages ago --- perfect for a beach I''d thought, but probably awful on my body! I''d tried on similar dreses and they didn''t work, but now that I''ve lost over 30 pounds(!), I thought I''d give it a shot (just to wear to dinner in Hawaii --- no need staying in the corseted thing after the ceremony --- I''ll be wearing it again here at my local reception, or so the plan goes). Well, the darned thing fit. And I bought it!

So when I got home I had my son attempt to take pics of me in it ...and I also looked at the pics of my maggie dress and started freaking out. I''m not sure what I''m really thinking because I went WAYYYYY over budget for the maggie --- and the veil was the best part --- and I feel like I have to wear it, but now there''s this other dress that I think I like more than just to wear to dinner! I may be seeing it all wrong and I may just be stressing --- or happy to show off a better figure which may NOT be right in the more fitted dress. Will you guys please please help?? I''m sorry this is so long, but I have no clue what to do (wear the maggie, wear the new dress for dinner; wear the new dress only; wear the new dress for hawaii and the maggie for the reception locally; some other combination thereof???!) THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE!
jen

here''s the original of me in the maggie sample dress

dress1 original front for ps.JPG

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s the same original sample dress from the back...

dress1 original back for ps.JPG

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s today''s pic of MY maggie...

dress1 pic for ps.JPG

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
...and the much lower back on MY maggie...

dress1 back for ps.JPG

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
And FINALLY....here are pics of the new dress!

dress2 back for ps.JPG

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
front...

dress2 front for ps.JPG

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
side with the maggie veil...

dress2 with veil for ps.JPG

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
the back with the maggie veil...

dress2 back with veil for ps.JPG

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
and one more shot my son took from the other side...
thanks again in advance for your help!

dress2 side2 with veil for ps.JPG

Tigerbear

Rough_Rock
Could you have picked a more different dress? :razz:

The first dress is beautiful but I think you look incredibly sexy in the second dress. I think the second dress flatters your body more, is more "beachy" and with the veil is beautiful in a very unique way. Which one do you *feel* the best in?

aussiegirl23

Shiny_Rock
Jen,

as Tiger pointed out... WOW these are two very different dresses!

I love the 2nd one ... it seems more "beachy" to me, and looks AMAZING you! And I think it looks great with the Maggie veil too... so that wouldn''t be a total loss...

You could get at least some money back for the Maggie by selling it online... which might help you feel a little better...

It does look kind of different on you the 2nd time (and not in a good way in my opinion)... seems like the petite version IS shorter in the bodice... how MADDENING that they told you differently!

Go with whatever makes you feel the best... from your expressions... I''d think the 2nd one
41.gif

Aussie : p

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
The Maggie is ok, but that 2nd dress? Va Va Va VOOM! I say wear that for the wedding!

I would check with the dress shop to see if maybe the inaccurate info they gave you would somehow help you get your money back... or sell it online. The sample did look a lot better on you! You just don''t look comfortable in the petite.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe I have to be devils advocate and say that I adore the maggie on you!!! I think you look beautiful in the 2nd dress too, but I just adore the maggie. I think it looks great!

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
I love the second one on you! Perfect for the beach and you look so happy in it. I totally think you could wear it with the Maggie veil, too. And I agree with Sumbride. Since you would not have ordered that size if they had told you that the bodice would be shorter as well, they shouldn''t make you take it. I am sure they could sell it in their store. If not, you could definitely sell it online to recoup some of the cost.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
First, congratulations on losing all that weight, and in such a short time -- way to go!

Your new dress does a beautiful job of showing off your new body. Truthfully it's a bit more revealing than I would want in a wedding dress, but that's me. You look beautiful and happy in it and that's what counts!

I also like the Maggie, but fit on "your" dress isn't nearly as nice as the sample. The sample seemed to fit you perfectly! Other than being a petite, is it the dress you ordered the same size as the sample? I'd argue for a refund on the basis of those pictures alone...

ETA I think I would also try on some other veils with the slinky dress. The flowers sprinkled on the maggie veil give it a very different feel than the dress. A veil that echoes the glamour feel of the dress would pull it all together a bit better...

That's it! My 4 cents' worth!

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
I like the maggie on you best :)

congrats on the weight loss! you look great!

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/24/2007 5:49:00 PM
Author: bee*
hehe I have to be devils advocate and say that I adore the maggie on you!!! I think you look beautiful in the 2nd dress too, but I just adore the maggie. I think it looks great!

Ditto! I love the maggie on you!

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all of the responses so far --- I don''t really know how I feel about this yet!

Tiger and aussie -- definitely 2 very different dresses! Yes, i like it for the beach and especially with the veil... loved how I felt in the maggie sample, but not so much mine. loved how I felt in the new dress today, too (sigh...this is why I need you guys :))

Bee, Jas, ImpatientOne -- I''m glad to hear there are people that can see past the flaw I am seeing b/c I was really really in love with this dress when I ordered it --- thanks for the compliments!

Fatafelice -- I''d thought of that but am not sure if I''d recoup much selling it online. It has had a few alterations at this point, so I doubt the shop will take it back. Plus in the store today I was telling her I was happy with the improvements from when it first came in. (big sigh) I should shut up somtimes.

MINIMS -- I know where you are coming from and I''m not 100% sure how his family would react to a dress like this --- except that it''s for a beach wedding and will just be us and my mom at the actual ceremony. Plus I''m like negative-busty
3.gif
so I don''t feel too over exposed in it. re: the veil--- I like your vision a lot, but I''m in love with my maggie veil (the only thing I haven''t wavered on!) Thanks so much for your thoughts!

oh, and sumbride --- thanks for the "va va va voom"! it made my day
2.gif

I emailed my mom the pics and she LOVED the maggie dress before and loves the new one more... but she and I talked and agree that we could try not cinching the bodice so much and that could help the overall appearance of the back of the maggie. Either way I will get to wear the new dress, whether it''s for the whole sha-bang or just dinner after the ceremony.

I''m hoping to hear from more of you since everyone''s kind of split on it right now --- I still need help!
40.gif
23.gif

Thanks a million

9.gif

jen

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
I''m confused because I''m thinking that if you ordered a petite Maggie, shouldn''t the bodice be shorter rather than longer? It seems longer on you in the second round of pics? Did I get that wrong and the second set of pics ARE the from the original try-on day?

Either way, I still really like the Maggie on you :) I actually thought the second set of pictures elongated you and, perhaps silly me, I thought that looked very nice :) I also think the Maggie will look lovely in a beach wedding because of the lovely embroidery down the sides. The second dress is, no kidding, unbelievable on you and shows your figure to be fantastic.....but I tend to agree with an above poster that while HOT, it would make me, personally, feel toooooo sexy on my wedding day lol. I dunno.

I vote for the fabulous beachy-perfect maggie :) And that veil is gorgeous!!! I agree it will look nice with either dress!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Geesh, both are beautiful, but *so* different! I think the first one is more fairytale, "I get the purple flowers I always wanted in my wedding" type of dress, so if you want the fairytale theme, there you have it! But, if you think it''s too much for a beach wedding, the second is definitely beautiful.

Which do you feel the best in? Which do you think your Matt would like the most?

Either way, they''re both so very pretty on you, girl!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Paul likes them both, but said the *silky* one was nice with the long veil, if you want the compromise between the fancy "weddingy" one and the more beach-style one. There''s a boy''s opinion for you!
9.gif

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
so_happy -- the second set of maggie pics is the new one --- where I see the biggest difference is in the back. The sample went much further up my back and I kinda feel like I look like a linebacker in mine! Again, we think the back would look better less tightened at the top, and i''m still planning on trying that. no you aren''t silly!
3.gif

fisher and argh-- thanks for your opinions -- especially nice to have a guy''s point of view! I think Matt might like the second one better, but honestly, I''d kind of assume most guys would
2.gif
I keep finding myself wondering if it''s "too" sexy now --- but I suppose if my own *mother* likes it better, I shouldn''t worry about that right?

I''m still torn....probably will be for a while. It really helps having you all put things in perspective for me!

jen
35.gif

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Jen, WOW, I am torn! They are both so different. They book look great on you, the 2nd definitely is extremely flattering to your figure and looks wonderful w/the veil. But the first is more bridey to me so I like it a lot also.
I think you have to do what feels right to you, only you. If you like the 2nd more, then go w/it! It doesn''t matter if you bought it 2nd. All that matters is that you love the dress you are wearing on your wedding day.
I''d try to return the first (if you go w/the 2nd) given that they didn''t do what you asked. If that doesn''t work, I''d certainly try and sell it to make up some of the cost.
Good luck w/your decision!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I like your Maggie, but the second dress with the veil... Holy moly! I like it a lot more on you and it''s wonderful for a beach wedding!
9.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2007 10:41:38 PM
Author: anchor31
I like your Maggie, but the second dress with the veil... Holy moly! I like it a lot more on you and it''s wonderful for a beach wedding!
9.gif
I concur
2.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the first one better. The second one looks like something you should take on your honeymoon
31.gif

sarie_j

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE the 2nd dress on you -- Yes it''s sexy, but I don''t think that''s a bad thing, plus it looks tons more beachy - flowy and clingy and all...

But again, which do you *feel* better in??

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
i like both dresses...the 2nd one better, but i can see the tag through the dress in the pics...double check pics to make sure its not see through.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
you look awesome in both dresses. both are beautiful in their own right. what a dilemma! if you plan on eating *at all* i think you should wear the maggie. the ''new'' dress is one of those super sexy numbers that show every little curve (va voom!) and may not be the best choice for dinner when you have to fit in a meal. so, maybe reception and dinner for maggie? either way, you are going to look stunning, i was just trying to divide by practicality.
37.gif

have fun deciding!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
you do look great in both dresses!

What iis he second one made of? I do think the style is great for a beach wedding, but in these photographs, it does remind me of something you might wear for your wedding night instead of wedding day (sorry!). Also, the veil with the second dress looks off to me. The veil is very pretty, feminine...almost girly and demure while that dress is sexy and va va voom. I know all veils are kind of demure, and plenty of people wear sexy dresses with them, but the combo you have there doesn''t work for me.

With the second dress, I see a flower behind your ear or something...or maybe smaller ones in your hair. No veil. But I admit, I am biased.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results