shape
carat
color
clarity

Another diamond to choose from... could this be it???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovehersomuch

Shiny_Rock
Here is another diamond my jeweler has brought to my attention. It is a really nice diamond based on the specs but i have not seen it in person yet. based on the specs and price do you think this is a really good deal?

1.20ct, G, SI2, GIA, EX/EX/EX, No Fluorescence, 56/61.2 (Table/Depth)
Crown: 35
Pavillion: 40.8
Culet: 0
6.83X6.90X4.20MM

Scored a 1.5 on HCA

$5,000

As you may recall the AGS1 1.29ct that i have been considering is about the same price. which one would you go with provided they are both eye clean?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The specs are very nice, and the price looks good. Do you have an IdealScope image of it to see the light return?

lovehersomuch

Shiny_Rock
no i dont have an idealscope image of it... i have the GIA cert..

any more feedback....

lovehersomuch

Shiny_Rock
TTT

Would this stone be the equivalent to an AGS000?

Please provide more feedback if i should go forward with this...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's got potential, but that's really all we can say. Need to see if eyeclean.

If you like it, and there is a good return policy, meaning money back guaranteed, not store credit, get it and have an independant appraiser have a look.

lovehersomuch

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/20/2008 5:54:32 PM
Author: Ellen
It''s got potential, but that''s really all we can say. Need to see if eyeclean.

If you like it, and there is a good return policy, meaning money back guaranteed, not store credit, get it and have an independant appraiser have a look.
im not going to bother with an appraiser.. i just want to get a diamond give it to my gf and be happy... but i just needed reassurance that what im buying is a good deal.

hypothetically speaking.. if the diamond is eye clean is this something thats considered a "buy"

and is this the equivalent to an AGS000?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2008 6:11:26 PM
Author: lovehersomuch

im not going to bother with an appraiser.. i just want to get a diamond give it to my gf and be happy... but i just needed reassurance that what im buying is a good deal.

hypothetically speaking.. if the diamond is eye clean is this something thats considered a 'buy'

and is this the equivalent to an AGS000?
I can't tell you that. AGS grades on light performance. I have no idea if it would be or not. One could argue that if it was, why wasn't it sent to AGS to begin with? (although there are exceptions)

If you're wanting the equivalent of an AGS0, I'd really suggest "bothering" with an independant appraiser.
2.gif

lovehersomuch

Shiny_Rock
Shouldnt this diamond be equivalent to an AGS000 because of the Excellent Ratings (pol/sym/cut grade)??????

i''d appreciate it if more PSers could post their feedback regarding this stone... this is a huge decision!!!! =)

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
not necessarily GIA EX is a much broader range then AGS0

try plugging the numbers into the cut adviser see what it pulls up

I also recommend Ellen''s suggestion get an independent appraisal that is solid gold advice just there :)

lovehersomuch

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/20/2008 11:41:53 PM
Author: Deelight
not necessarily GIA EX is a much broader range then AGS0

try plugging the numbers into the cut adviser see what it pulls up

I also recommend Ellen''s suggestion get an independent appraisal that is solid gold advice just there :)
you mean the HCA?? I tired that already and this diamond got a 1.5

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Given that it scores 1.5 on the HCA and falls right within both the AGS Ideal and GIA Excellent ranges, you should be good -- can''t get much better than that, right?
This stone should definitely not be excluded. It promises to be lovely, however, given that you have not seen it in real life, there''s no way to be certain as ''the proof is in the pudding'', right or how you react to it when you see it.

It''s a great size, great color/clarity combo (providing that it is eyeclean), love the Ex, Ex, Ex AND the numbers are good ... What else is there to consider? This seems to be a fair price as well.

I would go with this one over the AGS1 ... Just my 2 cents.

Good luck with your choice!
35.gif

lovehersomuch

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/21/2008 12:28:02 AM
Author: Sparkalicious
Given that it scores 1.5 on the HCA and falls right within both the AGS Ideal and GIA Excellent ranges, you should be good -- can''t get much better than that, right?
This stone should definitely not be excluded. It promises to be lovely, however, given that you have not seen it in real life, there''s no way to be certain as ''the proof is in the pudding'', right or how you react to it when you see it.

It''s a great size, great color/clarity combo (providing that it is eyeclean), love the Ex, Ex, Ex AND the numbers are good ... What else is there to consider? This seems to be a fair price as well.

I would go with this one over the AGS1 ... Just my 2 cents.

Good luck with your choice!
35.gif

thanks for critiquing the diamond and giving your feedback! btw.. the 1.29 AGS1 is sold!!! but its ok since this diamond is available!! =)

i''ll def need to see it in person and make sure its eyeclean!!!

i guess i dont like hearing that its a fair price or that the price is reasonable/good..etc... i want to know that im getting a reallly good deal.. maybe i can try to get the jeweler to take off some money..

thanks!!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
You''re welcome!

Absolutely negotiate! There is usually some wiggle room with these types of purchasing and if they are willing to deal - bonus - if not, you were going to pay that amt anyways .... so ... no loss, right? Give it a shot! Good luck!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results