shape
carat
color
clarity

Another diamond question - N-G-L lab

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

myth

Rough_Rock
After countless hours of research, I am “almost” ready. But before I do, I would like to ask some of the experts on this forum to give me their opinion.

According to “National Gemological Laboratories” grading certificate the diamond has the following characteristics:

Shape: Round brilliant
Measurements: 6.70 – 6.73 x 4.19mm
Weight: 1.22
Proportions:
Depth: 62.4%
Table: 59%
Girdle: Medium, Faced
Culet: None
Finish
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Clarity Grade: VS-2
Color Grade: G
Fluorescence: None

Just by looking at the stone, I can notice two inclusions. (After about 10 seconds of searching). One is about 2/3 way near the middle on top, and another one is on the other side. Both of them are documented on the grading certificate.

Also, just by looking at the stone, it appears to be white and sparks well, but I have not gone to the store to compare it with other stones.

What do you think about this stone? What would be a good price for it? I realize that Nat. Gemological Lab. is not that well know, but I have the stone and can have it checked by another jeweler.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

myth

Rough_Rock
I tried "cut adviser" using the information aboce, and it came up with Excellent to Very Good ratings for cut.

Can anybody offer any more insight?

Thank you
1.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Without crown and pavilion angles it's impossible to give any kind of quasi-educated answer. At this point your basically playing russian roulette with your hard earned cash. As Dr. Evil would say ... "Need the info"

Rhino

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
I've seen that lab used only on ebay diamonds, mainly low grade to clarity enhaced stones. For accurate grading, stick with GIA, AGS, HRD, IGI Antwerp or EGL. All these are far more recognized in the trade and command higher premiums and (possibly) higher consistency.
Plus, try to find out crown and pavilion angles and percentages.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results