shape
carat
color
clarity

Another Diamond for Consideration - Feedback Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bluer1

Rough_Rock
I just have to ask my new PS buddies to look at another diamond. It seems like it "just" popped up today in my search. I have not seen it before. Here is the link: NICEICE: RB 1.706CT H&A H SI-1 Strg Fluor It''s listed at $13,210.

It is for a Boone Ring Tension Set....and although Bruce doesn''t seem to think the SI-1 will pose any problem, I would like you all to review the data and weigh in on the quality and also the price value.
22.gif

My search has been narrowed down and the other diamond finalist is a GOG RB 1.56CT H VS2 H&A $13,605 that has already received everyone''s approval.

So the size is what is getting me.....If the SI-1 passed muster....I have to be honest...I think I will go with the bigger stone. I was reading the Nice Ice on-line narration of this diamond and I believe what the are stating is that it is eye clean. Do you see that too? I obviously would need to call and have them confirm that and have them give me their "in person" opinion.

Not sure if Nice Ice is opened on Monday''s...but I would like you guys to give me your opinions!! Am I crazy to keep looking?
37.gif
There are just SOOO many to pick from...it''s hard to stop searching!!

Thanks once again for your time and your expertise!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello Bobbi, I would ask if it is eye clean. Also you want to ask if the Strong Blue Fluor is milky or if it is just strong blue. It could be a nice diamond.
35.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
inclusions are crystals ... no issue with the setting.
as long as it isn''t an over blue and eyeclean Id snag the niceice stone after discussing it with Todd.
it wins on bling for the buck.

Bluer1

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the feedback! I will call today and speak to Todd. I was reading the Nice Ice website and how they personally select every diamond for their private reserve, rejecting appx 40% of even the "ideals" they review. Because of this, I am already excited and getting my hopes up that this one could be the one!
36.gif

If anyone else wants to review the link in the first posting...I would appreciate any additional comments.
I know it takes time and I will speak for all of us newbies....we appreciate it!

P.S. Maybe not so much the "Infamous VR" (who started a frenzy here about a week ago!) but THE REST OF US REALLY DO!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely speak to Todd to find out more about that diamond!!

Bluer1

Rough_Rock
Lorelei: Definitely speak to Todd to find out more about that diamond!!

I was wondering....is that sceptically (as in, too good to be true! or emphatically (DON''T let it get away!)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/7/2008 8:40:31 AM
Author: Bobbi
Lorelei: Definitely speak to Todd to find out more about that diamond!!

I was wondering....is that sceptically (as in, too good to be true! or emphatically (DON''T let it get away!)
Lol! Unusually for me, that post was rather short! I meant definitely speak to Todd to find out more about that diamond, before someone else snaps it up!!!
emthup.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
In a tension setting, you may want it eye clean from ALL angles. Be sure to ask if so, and if the flo isn''t a problem, I say get it!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I would certainly check if this stone is a candidate for a tension setting--not all stones are. And will the manufacturer set it.

cheers--Sharon

Bluer1

Rough_Rock
Okay....3 1/2 hours till the Nice Ice "Ice Store" opens in California!! I will call RIGHT AWAY! As soon as I know more, I will post! When I started my diamond education about a month ago....I was just trying to confirm the price of a diamond the local B&M was offering....a month later I am here....and I have DEFINITELY been bitten by "the Bug"!!! LOL!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results