shape
carat
color
clarity

Another day, another ER shopper

BlingShopper

Rough_Rock
Hi folks,

I have been a follower here for the last few months and have been narrowing in on my decision, but wanted to enlist your help!

I think I’m looking for an ideal RBC, +/-2.25ct, >=G/H, >=VS2. Budgeting ~22k for the stone and 2-3k for a vintage look platinum solitaire. Some of the stones I’ve been looking at are:

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome. How are prioritizing the 4 c’s? Many of us here (not all) prioritize cut quality first. Others think size is most important and are willing to give a bit on other qualities.

The one on rare carat is okay. A shallower pavilion (Say 40.6) would work better with the steeper crown. Or visa versa. See what it scores on the HCA tool. Stones that score between 1 and 2 are promising.

The JA stone looks nice but if you can get the cert we can comment more specifically on the proportions.

BlingShopper

Rough_Rock
Thanks! I’m prioritizing carat and cut. Willing to give some on color and clarity but not go too high/low. Will try to get the JA cert

BlingShopper

Rough_Rock
This is tough stuff. Some more time on here has led me firmly to the world of super ideals. I have also opened up to I+ / VS2+ especially since it may end up in a RG vs plat setting. I am currently looking at these stones in the 2-2.5ct range. Please help and let me know if there is something else out there I should be looking at in the <$23k range!

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
I like your choices! I would personally eliminate the 2.38 because of the inclusions, even though I’m sure it’s eyeclean. There’s no wrong choice here though.

BlingShopper

Rough_Rock
After some additional back and forth with both vendors and stones and custom settings, I intend to finally make a decision this week. That said, I’ve also grown into 2.5ct range..sigh.=)2

Thoughts on these two?

BlingShopper

Rough_Rock
That HPD is gorgeous. The ACA is lovely. Tough choice! I’d probably go HPD.

Thanks for the input, I’m currently leaning that way. I feel like it’s been a journey just to get here and the fun is just beginning.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the input, I’m currently leaning that way. I feel like it’s been a journey just to get here and the fun is just beginning.

Enjoy! It is fun!

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
They are both gorgeous!! and very similar!! however, will you choose??!! Have you spoken to a representative from whiteflash and cbi, yet??

BlingShopper

Rough_Rock
They are both gorgeous!! and very similar!! however, will you choose??!! Have you spoken to a representative from whiteflash and cbi, yet??

Yep, I’ve talked to reps at both which makes it even harder. These folks have been super helpful.

My girlfriend is loosely aware and I’ve solicited stylistic input for the setting but hopefully she appreciates the fruits of my diamond hunting journey!

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
i feel your concerted diamond hunting efforts elevate the romantic symbolism of your intended life together!! You are off to the best possible start!!

as for the diamonds, its such a close call, in everyway. both are ideal ags 000, both have easy upgrade policy, should you exercise it in the future.

with all the specifications and perks being equal, it might come down to going for the, ever so slightly, larger diamond... if that's what you and your girlfriend want...

Reactions: caf

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
how exciting!! im THRILLED for you and your soon to be fiance!!! I love the mixed metal ring!! it's going to be a really spectacular ring with so much meaning and good energy behind it!!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks again for the input and kind words. Going with the 2.53 CBI in a custom HPD setting inspired by this one!
73A1935F-3091-4633-9BBB-67DB73B7F2E6.jpeg

It will be gorgeous! Can’t wait to see nothin her finger! Be sure to come back with hand shots, pleeeaaaase!

BlingShopper

Rough_Rock
After some crazy banking delays (no fault of HPD) I got my first CAD! It will be 14K RG with a platinum head with the aforementioned 2.53 CBD in a size 5.5. The CAD is bit bulky as noted given the pre-polished nature, particularly on the prongs (elected 6 vs 4) and lacking hand engraving and milgrain detail of course which I am excited about. I am contemplating minor changes mostly thinking of scrapping the small stones under the head for added engraving. Any other thoughts? Am I missing anything I may regret from a design perspective? Thanks!

D3218331-062E-44D1-9081-338238FD491F.jpeg

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
I would ask HPD to show you different head profiles, the current one in the CAD sets the stone up very high making it easy to knock into things and with a significant amount of metal. I can't stress how much I recommend considering alternatives for the current peg head.

BlingShopper

Rough_Rock
I would ask HPD to show you different head profiles, the current one in the CAD sets the stone up very high making it easy to knock into things and with a significant amount of metal. I can't stress how much I recommend considering alternatives for the current peg head.

Thanks, appreciate the flag especially as a non ring wearer! I have asked to see what we can do.

I’d recommend against the small diamonds on the side if you plan to wear it with another band, since those tiny diamonds will likely rub against the other band and can damage the band (unless the shape of the ring will keep the tiny diamonds on the side from coming into contact with the band), which could be the case since the engraving juts out a bit on either side of the ring shank.

BlingShopper

Rough_Rock
I’d recommend against the small diamonds on the side if you plan to wear it with another band, since those tiny diamonds will likely rub against the other band and can damage the band (unless the shape of the ring will keep the tiny diamonds on the side from coming into contact with the band), which could be the case since the engraving juts out a bit on either side of the ring shank.

Thanks! Yes, I was actually thinking of scrapping those few tiny stones for continued engraving on the side profile under the head.

BlingShopper

Rough_Rock
Update - new CAD! I much prefer this head style and feel it flows better with the ring. It will still be in platinum despite the color here, with the rest of the ring 14K RG, and shortened prongs, of course. The side profile bridge stones are also gone in favor of engraving there along with the scalloped portions of the shank. Milgrain will be incorporated on the top profiles. Appreciate the input here!

4F6E5F75-1851-4E86-9E6E-61DACFC311B0.jpeg

BlingShopper

Rough_Rock
My ring saga is nearly complete - my HPD creation is on the delivery truck! Can’t wait to put eyes on it and most importantly share it with my soon-to-be!

2.53 I VS2 CBI
14kg RG shank, Platinum head
Round/marquise accent stones

8BE53311-6B40-4B0B-A784-85094D5ADF84.jpeg 15BEA53B-ECBA-44CE-BFA8-0F8BFFFE44BB.jpeg 7016F304-A02D-4BF9-9F76-86BB9E2DAF5E.jpeg 5733DC8A-53CF-449D-A1D4-589D83C959B4.jpeg 60264DC0-068B-460B-A3C6-51B4D9D88218.jpeg 461AD96D-ADE5-4B11-BD84-E1EE255CD0E3.jpeg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooo that’s lovely!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
That’s unique and very well executed! Beautiful ring. Please post model pics after you propose.

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful! I have a 2.02ct CBI and couldn’t be happier!
I hope we get to see some hand shots.
Congratulations!!:)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results