shape
carat
color
clarity

Another cert question re: AGS

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

carbon lover

Rough_Rock
After familiarizing myself with all the different certs, it would seem to me that the best cut stones would have AGS because they list more detailed percentage and angle information. Any thoughts?

In shopping around I''m not seeing many AGS stones. Is the cert more expensive to obtain?

canadianice

Rough_Rock
The certificate doesn't determine the quality of the cut. What it does tell you is the independent evaluation of the diamond's parameters, and certain proportions.

While GIA doesn't give all of the details most of us would like, it is completely respected for its stringent application of the grading system and the reproducibility of the grades it administers to stones.

AGS is equally credible, and gives more proportions than GIA to make your assessment of the stone a bit easier. A GIA plus a Sarin analysis will give you all the information you need, too. EGL and IGI etc are thought to be more liberal and thus less reputable.

But the quality of cut isn't necessarily reflected by the type of cert that is associated with a stone. There are well cut and badly cut stones with all types of certs!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results