shape
carat
color
clarity

Another big / too big halo question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rjdodd

Shiny_Rock
OK, so after reading the 3ct pear halo thread (https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/would-a-halo-be-overkill-3-carat-pear.57818/) I’m having second thought about a halo for the stone I’m looking to buy. My diamond thread:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/opinions-on-this-square-h-a.57931/
My wife knows she’s getting a diamond, just not how big etc., and I’ve had her look at settings too (Leon Mege, Pearlmans selection etc.) She picked out a lot of Halo settings and her short list of 10 had like 7 Beaudry settings on it. I think this one was about her favorite:
http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/michael-beaudry-jewelry/rings/47B1/36/
though all in platinum, with some other changes too.

My worry now is that such a halo setting on a 3.5ct stone (8.4mm square) might look crazy / stupid big

14.gif
. My wife wears a size 10 ring, so it’s not light it would be on a small finger. Nobody in town stocks Beaudry, and I think my wife has never seen a 3.5ct stone in person (her reaction at a seeing a 2ct in a store was: ‘I thought it would be bigger’
9.gif
).

What do you think? I realize nobody can really answer the questions – just looking for some opinions.
33.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
what 2ct shape did she see in the store? 8.4mm is about the size of a 2ct round. certainly not ostentatious.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Will this be an upgrade to an engagement ring (something worn everyday) or more of a cocktail ring?

Size 10 is pretty large and could probablly pull if off.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is not an exact comparison, but here is my 3.37 round (9.65 mm) in a halo on a size five finger, and I have solid side stones where the Beaudry you linked to has more delicate sides. I personally love this look but there ain't nothing subtle about it, LOL.

Sunshine70.JPG

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think with size ten fingers it will be great honestly. I think she can carry it off. Also, if Beaudry won''t make adjustments, Maytal Hoffman is a designer working on her own who used to work at Beaudry-- you can search on her name to see work she''s done.

rjdodd

Shiny_Rock
bell - she saw a 2ct Emerald cut, which was probably about 8.5mm long (but more narrow)

jazmine - while it''s not my intent to replace her e-ring, that ring was/is a cheap piece; I suspect she''ll end up wearing this one a lot (she almost always wears a RHR) given that it''ll be so so shiny.

The size 10 thing is why I think it might work - inside diameter on a a size 10 ring is almost 20mm, so outside diameter is easily going to be 22+mm. That would make a 8.5mm stone with halo (I guess 12 - 14mm) less than 2/3rd of the width of the band - proportionally it doesn''t sound off to me - but I''ve never seen one like it in person.

Thanks.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it will look great on her, since she has size 10 fingers. Will be able to carry it off no problem. Plus that''s what she really wants, so go for it.

rjdodd

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/15/2007 12:49:51 PM
Author: Gypsy
I think with size ten fingers it will be great honestly. I think she can carry it off. Also, if Beaudry won''t make adjustments, Maytal Hoffman is a designer working on her own who used to work at Beaudry-- you can search on her name to see work she''s done.
2.gif
I''ve already been trading some emails with Maytal (after I saw previous mentions of her work on PS) - who has been very responsive.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
i have a colored stone pendant that size and i laid it on my size 6 finger and i think a size ten could easily acomodate the 3.5 carat square stone with the halo. however, my fingers are long. are your wife''s long or short? i''ll be looking forward to seeing what you decide.

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
my ring size is a 7 and my hand easily carries a square w/halo in a larger size than what you are looking at.

what a wonderful surprise. please share your surprise with us when you decide!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
She''ll be able to carry it off, no worries.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Since your wife likes the look of beaudry...you will be fine! A halo on a 2+ carat stone will look awesome on her hand. The reason we steered away the previous poster from a halo was that he said his girlfiend liked things that are minimalist and classic and she doesn''t wear much jewelery...not a halo girl. This is what your wife wants...so no problems here!!!

Keep us updated on your project, it really sounds like it will be lovely!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2007 4:57:11 PM
Author: FireGoddess
She''ll be able to carry it off, no worries.

I agree..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results