carat
color
clarity

Another addition to the 3-stone collection

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello All!

It’s been a while since I’ve had the opportunity to browse though PS and on the encouragement of an amazing PS’er, I am sharing another addition to the solitaire/three-stone collection I’m working on.

For those who haven’t seen my original thread, you can read up on it - Solitaire or 3-Stone? Decisions, decisions…. Decided!

The newest member is a 1.38ct pear shaped, ruby wrap, which I sourced the stones from a NYC vendor almost a year ago. It matches my solitaire’s 18k rose gold and platinum prongs. I finally had DK complete the piece along with a new, graduated OEC eternity from a parcel I held for just as long. The wrap is a tad bit wider than ideal, mainly because I’ve had to resize my rings down a few times over the past year or two, so it’s heading back to the shop to get pinched in a bit.

I love these rubies…. And they are so fiery and glow when outdoors! Enough of that though… here are the photos:

D3ED4AEB-9734-4708-A9FA-30CDA677D69E.jpeg
09BA002E-47D4-49AC-8F3C-54E23E9A227E.jpeg
A577302F-519B-4670-9B19-899ABFE8D5E8.jpeg

And this being my first attempt at adding Imgur videos, hopefully you can view it along with all of the options

Now… I’m on the hunt for a pair of emeralds or possibly paraibas for the next one! :appl:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE this set! What size mm are the stones in the band? Really-the ruby wrap really looks perfect with the band. That pop of red is so good!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
STUNNINGLY gorgeous! I mean, I see why you want them pinched in a trifle but that's an easy fix. What ISN'T easy is finding a luscious, beautifully colored pair of matched rubies!!

And that OEC band is :lickout::lickout::lickout::lickout::lickout: !!!

Congratulations, @stonewell - gorgeous!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
This is amazing! So it’s the same solitaire and the rubies are just another wrap, right? Can we see some pics of just the wrap?

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
WOW! :kiss2:

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, wow!!!!! Just beautiful!

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I LOVE this set! What size mm are the stones in the band? Really-the ruby wrap really looks perfect with the band. That pop of red is so good!

Thank you! For the eternity, they range from 3.05mm (underside) to 3.45mm (topside). I debated having DK source additional larger stones for a consistent measurement, but ultimately decided against it. I had hand selected each of the stones to ensure a perfect, consistent flowery pattern and had developed quite an attachment to the parcel. :lol:

As it turns out, I love that it is graduated since it is much more comfortable when closing my hands or gripping items.

STUNNINGLY gorgeous! I mean, I see why you want them pinched in a trifle but that's an easy fix. What ISN'T easy is finding a luscious, beautifully colored pair of matched rubies!!

And that OEC band is :lickout::lickout::lickout::lickout::lickout: !!!

Congratulations, @stonewell - gorgeous!

So wonderful to ”see” you @mrs-b! I appreciate your kind compliments too. I completely agree, finding those rubies was quite a challenge. I must have looked at hundreds of pairs before deciding on these - and even then, I kept looking after just to make certain. lol

This is amazing! So it’s the same solitaire and the rubies are just another wrap, right? Can we see some pics of just the wrap?

Yes! It’s the same solitaire. I didn’t take any photos of the ruby wrap alone, so I’ll need to follow-up after DK finishes the adjustment. However, my original thread has one of DK’s photos of the diamond wrap alone. It basically is the same design, only adjusted to fit pear shaped stones.

Oh, wow!!!!! Just beautiful!

Thanks so much @Eli22 and @MamaBear! I get so giddy whenever I swap them around. It feels like a whole new set every time.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
The versatility of this set is something that will always get immediate and eternal top admiration from me!
It's just so damned clever, so it is. :love: :love: I'll never get over it.
And I love the band.

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
Such a gorgeous set! I love the beautiful rubies!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Stunning!! I could just eat those rubies haha! And the oec band is perfection. What patience you have - hand selecting like that! A gorgeous set.

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! This is really amazing.

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
Wow...stunning!!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yummy! This is so delicious! What a great idea!!

emmy12

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! I love the 3 stone wrap idea, and the new rubies are such a nice way to change it up.

Please please pleeeease post more glamour shots of that band from allll the angles. I'm dying to see more! So gorgeous!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The rubies are gorgeous! A beautiful ring!

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Hello All!

It’s been a while since I’ve had the opportunity to browse though PS and on the encouragement of an amazing PS’er, I am sharing another addition to the solitaire/three-stone collection I’m working on.

For those who haven’t seen my original thread, you can read up on it - Solitaire or 3-Stone? Decisions, decisions…. Decided!

The newest member is a 1.38ct pear shaped, ruby wrap, which I sourced the stones from a NYC vendor almost a year ago. It matches my solitaire’s 18k rose gold and platinum prongs. I finally had DK complete the piece along with a new, graduated OEC eternity from a parcel I held for just as long. The wrap is a tad bit wider than ideal, mainly because I’ve had to resize my rings down a few times over the past year or two, so it’s heading back to the shop to get pinched in a bit.

I love these rubies…. And they are so fiery and glow when outdoors! Enough of that though… here are the photos:

And this being my first attempt at adding Imgur videos, hopefully you can view it along with all of the options

Now… I’m on the hunt for a pair of emeralds or possibly paraibas for the next one! :appl:

Could you show the profile of the OEC band? :kiss2: Love the Ruby wrap!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Oh that’s beautiful!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous rubies, I love it!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Wow I love everything! Those rubies are just luscious! And you've solved many problems lol...3 stone or solitaire...you have both...wanting color....you have romantic rubies and like you said you can add other wraps for variety if you choose. Brilliant and beautiful! Thank you for sharing.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omigosh, I love the versatility of these wraps!!! You have it all... 3 stone, solitaire, and color! How fun to have all these options. Love the variety! Every version is beautiful. The rubies are a glorious color. :love:

Your video of showing all 3 is instructional too...people struggle between a solitaire and 3 stone, your video shows the difference between the different styles very well. And you get to have both looks lol!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I adore your new pieces! :love: So much versatility, and the stones are absolutely gorgeous!

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gosh, y’all have reminded me of how much I love and miss the PS community. It’s so wonderful to be surrounded by those who love all things beautiful and sparkly! Thanks so much, @ItsMainelyYou @Angie3 @diamondseeker2006 @SapphireBomb @HS4S_2 @Mlh @Slickk @Neptune @kathley @Patty @Bonfire @bling_dream19 @Kim N … you all have such amazing knowledge (and enviable collections! :kiss2:) that I appreciate your kind compliments and validation I’m heading in the right direction with what I’m trying to accomplish.

@emmy12 @Taylorbug! Thank you both! I will definitely post some additional photos of the OEC band in the next day or two.

Stunning!! I could just eat those rubies haha! And the oec band is perfection. What patience you have - hand selecting like that! A gorgeous set.

Haha, I have been tempted to chomp on them too. They look like jolly ranchers! :lickout:

Thanks again for the encouragement to share this update. Tbh, I am not a patient person by nature… unless it involves selecting gems and diamonds. I was with a fellow bling lover and friend when selecting them. Thankfully, she understood my compulsion - because it took well over 2.5 hours to sort through and finalize the parcel. :lol:

Omigosh, I love the versatility of these wraps!!! You have it all... 3 stone, solitaire, and color! How fun to have all these options. Love the variety! Every version is beautiful. The rubies are a glorious color. :love:

Your video of showing all 3 is instructional too...people struggle between a solitaire and 3 stone, your video shows the difference between the different styles very well. And you get to have both looks lol!

Appreciate your kind sentiments. It is a lot of fun. Since I’ve gone predominantly remote in my job, I haven’t worn my other, right hand rings as much. This has been a great way for me to dabble with new gems and looks that I know I’ll actually wear. I hadn’t thought of the video being instructional, but it would be wonderful if it helps others too!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely 3 stone and eternity band! It’s the perfect set! Your rubies are to die for!!! :kiss2::kiss2:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I had to come back and tell you...
You know what? My husband cares not at all for any of this and he was super impressed with the jackets and set. Not particularly loquacious, that one. He thought that was so clever he actually stopped to look, made mouth noises and said it out loud. He said, 'That's what you'll do, right? That's smart. You can have all the colors that way.' I was so happy, I got all animated and babbled at him that I'd just need to get a solitaire of some kind first.
He registered that, squinched his eyes a little, did a Marge grumble and then bolted. I'd say it went rather well, I'm quite pleased. At this pace, I may get one in five years or so! :lol:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The color of those rubies is amazing! They are definitely special and the wrap turned out so nice! Love your pairings of the wraps and your solitaire - gorgeous!

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
Hello All!

Stonewell, I saw your first post with your "presto chango solitaire to three stone" and was just blown away with the creativity and flexibility of the design. And now you've got rubies??? Simply gorgeous!! I keep wandering back to look at your photos-it's a jaw dropping combination. Congratulations!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this wrap!! It's perfect with your solitaire.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results