shape
carat
color
clarity

Another 40th anniversary candidate

Sophie6

Rough_Rock
Still keeping my options open for my 40th anniversary ring. Looking far and wide at different options. I so much want to choose something I will love and treasure for the next 40 :) This is an estate ring at a local highly rated jeweler. I have not had an opportunity to see it firsthand yet. It’s 4 carats of diamonds in 18 karat yellow gold. Thoughts on this ring and what to look for when I see it IRL? Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_2715.jpeg
    IMG_2715.jpeg
    166.3 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2714.jpeg
    IMG_2714.jpeg
    225.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2713.jpeg
    IMG_2713.jpeg
    160.4 KB · Views: 27

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
It's lovely and very promising. Was the center replaced at some point? The cut is circular brilliant. I would love to see how it behaves with the others in motion.

Sophie6

Rough_Rock
It's lovely and very promising. Was the center replaced at some point? The cut is circular brilliant. I would love to see how it behaves with the others in motion.

When I chatted with him briefly he did not mention that any stones had been replaced. Was there something specific that you saw in the pics to spark that question? He did mention that the center stone was slightly larger with a very mild taper toward the shoulders.

Sophie6

Rough_Rock
Any speculation on the age of this piece?

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
The prongs are in good shape and have no rose cuts imbedded on the center and the cut of the stone with the flatter crown/larger table/no culet denote a later cut stone. It could also be a slightly earlier transitional. So, it's likely a repair, but that repair was done well with the age of the piece in mind.
Age is tough because it could be from the late 1870's to the early 1900's.
The depth and quality of the carving are better than normal with less wear, but that isn't a guarantee of age without hallmarks.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results