shape
carat
color
clarity

Another 3 stone diamond ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
Do you think I should have another identical 3 stone ring on the other side of my e-ring? Or would it look ''too much''. I don''t even know if I can fit another ring onto that short finger unless I change the settings to my e-ring, maybe to a tiffany setting. My husband will get me another 3 stone ring to go on the other side to finish it off (as he puts it) if I want but I''m not sure if that would be a good idea. If I don''t want another 3 stone ring then I can get something else like maybe a RHR or another solitaire for my right hand. I can''t decide..
33.gif

Any suggestions?

CdnGalRings.JPG

msb700

Brilliant_Rock

CdnBlingGal: ur current set as it is looks wonderful and i think adding another three stong ring on top of your engagement ring will just overpower it....

perhaps it would be nicer to experiement with different designs and looks for a RHR?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agreed that another ring will make the stack too wide to be confortable... That does remains your choice for sure, and it shouldn''t be too hard to try it out in a jewelry shop. Even trying a simple band of the expected width next to the existing rings should give an idea.

How about adding diamonds to the existing ring (or changing it altogether - which is probably allot easier) to make it half eternity
2.gif

fivethrees.JPG

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Or, well... twin bands can be quite small - as narrow as 2mm (probably under 1 ct each, depending on ring size) and even less, like THESE 'micro bands'
3.gif

BTW, I hope my little 'photoshop' game is not unwelcome.
38.gif

twosmalls.JPG

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
CBG, welcome to Pricescope! You've come to the right place for input on diamond jewelry!
36.gif
Hope you stick around for the fun.

I agree that adding another band on top would be too much. For a setting like yours, I like for the center stone to have it's glory, and I'd suggest either wearing it with the 3-stone pictured, or even the 5 stone that Ana photoshopped, but definitely not another 3 stone on the stack. that said, I also like what Ana did with the microbands, too. Ana, great PS job! If you really like two bands, I like the microbands paired better with such a beautiful center stone. The bold setting of the center stone really takes on a different look with the micros next to it.
36.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I love the picture that Valeria made with the tiny eternity rings on either side.

I agree that another wide 3-stone on the other side of your e-ring would be too muich.

Here is a picture from our "Show Me the Ring" forum that I love:

almaghring.jpg

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
Holy Bling Batman!!

OMG Ana, those are GORGEOUS!!! I don''t mind at all for what you did using photoshop. It''s great to see what the ring would look like instead of trying to visualize it by only description. Now, I just might have to go out and get myself a copy of photoshop to do the magic you did.

I definately will consider making my existing 3 stone ring into a 5 to make a half eternity. I wouldn''t mind adding the microbands either, it just means more bling for me.
31.gif

Thanks kmom for the warm welcome. I am so thrilled thatI found this site, I am totally addicted. My husband says I am sick and I need help.
19.gif

Heck he said that when I was planning the wedding as well...

Thanks for the input, keep them coming!

widget

Ideal_Rock
(Isn't Ana's magic the greatest fun?
3.gif
)

CdnBlingGal: I love your wedding set! My first thought was to add diamonds to your wedding band, and then I saw Ana's rendering! great minds....

I don't think you can go wrong with either alternative: blinging up the band, or getting two small bands and maybe someday using the diamonds in the old band (or the old band itself) as a RHR...

Have fun!

widget

blumoon

Rough_Rock
I really like the look of adding more diamonds to the band. I think another three stone will be uncomfortable and look unbalanced (?).

I think that adding the diamonds would certainly up the bling factor. Good luck with your decision. What a nice husband you have!
36.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/25/2005 10:54:16 AM
Author: CdnBlingGal

OMG Ana, those are GORGEOUS!!! ... Now, I just might have to go out and get myself a copy of photoshop to do the magic you did.
Thank you guys !
17.gif
My pleasure, really.

Now, truth being said, those were done in Paint - the free bit of software that comes among the standard ''Accessories'' in Windows. Hard to tell why I labeled them ''by PhotoShop'', I guess that the name has become synonimous with ''image processing'' for me despite using it extremely seldom and unwillingly. All such modified pictures and collages I ever posted are done in Paint and MsPhotoEditor and perhaps one or two brushed up using CorelPhotoPaint (a piece of the Corel package). Photoshop does not come easy to me at all and I have no use for it as yet.
38.gif

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s an update.. My Dh still wants to get me another 3 stone ring..

Ana (valeria101) if your reading this, would you do me a huge favor? Could you do your magic and place the identical 3 stone ring I have on the other side of the e-ring just so I can show my hubby what it would look like? I said to him that it will look cluttered and look ''weird''. He says it wouldn''t. I need proof. TIA

I showed him the altered pics of my rings. He likes the 5 stone one but he doesn''t want to ''alter'' any of the rings he gave me.
38.gif
What can I say? I married a sentimental man. So, now what do I do?

I am hoping that showing him a pic of what another 3 stone ring on the other side of my e-ring would look like, he will change his mind about altering the rings. I believe if I add another 2 diamonds to the 3 stone, I will have to change my e-ring setting. I think, please correct me if I''m wrong.

I think that is what my jeweller said when we picked out the anniversary ring. If a 5 stone ring looked right without any re-setting of the e-ring, I would have settled for it instead of a 3 stone. Anyways, I''m babbling now, I hope I make sense.

Comments anyone?

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
BlingGal,

Welcome to PS! Yes, this place is very addictive!
9.gif

I think adding on 2 more stones to your original 3 stone band is perfect, in this case. It won't really be "changing" what he gave you, but maturing the original, same as your relationship, it is maturing...

I think you should be able to put two more stones in your band w/out altering your e-ring setting. I don't see what the problem will be. Good luck and tell your husband how sweet the ladies on PS think he is for doing this!
2.gif

BTW, Ana, fantastic job with the pictures. If I ever need some visual aid, I know who to PM.....
31.gif

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
I have a solitaire in a wide band similar to yours. Before I got my eternity band, I wore it with a 5 stone anniversary band (5x 0.15ct for 0.75cwt) and didn't have to modify the e-ring setting at all. The reason why I went to the thinner eternity band was b/c for me the two rings were not very comfortable (about 7mm total on my finger), even though I have long fingers. I wore a stand-alone ring for 5 1/2 years so I'm still trying to get used to wearing two rings.

The space b/t the two rings isn't as pronounced as in this picture. I think the e-ring was just tilted forward a bit.

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
Duh! Should try attaching the pic before I hit "submit"!

15_5stoneband.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/26/2005 7:06:19 PM
Author: CdnBlingGal

Ana (valeria101) if your reading this, could you place the identical 3 stone ring I have on the other side of the e-ring just so I can show my hubby what it would look like? I said to him that it will look cluttered and look 'weird'. He says it wouldn't. I need proof.
The stack of three rings does look like a random pick from 'lost and found' no matter what I did to that picture
14.gif
Hope this amounts to effective proof for you.

Good luck with your negotiation!
It shouldn't be hard to find a romantic twist for anything if required. Perhaps point out that if three stones represented 'past present and future' some time ago, now there is more to celebrate in the past and better to expect in the future, so two diamonds for each would be appropriate
9.gif
or even three...

acnda.JPG

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you sooo much Ana!!

What timing.. hubby just got back from the optomitrist and they needed to dialate his pupils to do a retina photograph so I can''t even show him the
picture since he can''t see anything without it being very blurry. I have to wait for 3 hours before they are normal again.
7.gif

However, now that I can see what my set will look like with another 3 stone, I don''t like it and I don''t think he''s go for it either. *crossing fingers*
I find that there is too much of the white gold and not enough diamonds
31.gif

I''m hoping that he will take in some of my suggestions. Either reset my e-ring and add another couple or a few more diamonds to my 3 stone ring so it won''t look odd or re-set my e-ring and add another 2 diamonds to the side and also add another couple or a few to my 3 stone ring. More Bling for me!!
31.gif
31.gif

The reason that I would think I would have to reset my e-ring is bacause the gold tapers up to the diamond (pic. attached) Right now, my a-ring does the same thing (it tapers up), I guess that''s why I went with a three stone and not 5.

I will let you know what happens and what he decides.

Mysideview.JPG

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful rings.
36.gif
36.gif
love those fat shanks but, i do think 3 fat rings is too much on one finger. these are like 4mm wide?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yeah DEFINTELY not a fan of another 3 stone on the other side, it looks very odd!! tell hubby that''s a big NO.

i like the idea of a 5 stone from the 3 stone OR what about doing micro pave bands (2) and then moving the 3 stone to the other hand for a RHR?

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the compliments Dancing Fire. Yes, they are 4mm bands each.

So, after my hubby''s eyes went back to normal, I showed him the picture Ana had so nicely did for me. Guess what? He thinks it looks stunning??!!!!
32.gif
32.gif
I totally said it does not look right. What is he thinking? Okay, ya it''s a lot of bling but what the heck happened to his taste?

We sorta argued back and forth (half heartedly) about how it looks ''odd''. But I got the last word in which was to make the 3 stone into a 5 stone.

We will have to discuss this a little more. Hopefully he won''t do something silly out of the blue...like get me another 3 stone ring.
32.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
You might want to mention to him that it will be terribly uncomfortable to wear day in and day out. Your wedding set is supposed to be very comfortable so you may wear it everyday without any trouble. With the three rings, not only will it look odd, it will be a pain for your poor finger!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2005 4:37:52 AM
Author: valeria101
Agreed that another ring will make the stack too wide to be confortable... That does remains your choice for sure, and it shouldn''t be too hard to try it out in a jewelry shop. Even trying a simple band of the expected width next to the existing rings should give an idea.

How about adding diamonds to the existing ring (or changing it altogether - which is probably allot easier) to make it half eternity
2.gif

I am loving this half eternity look!!
18.gif
36.gif

Heather

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/28/2005 12:22:31 PM
Author: Milly
You might want to mention to him that it will be terribly uncomfortable to wear day in and day out.
... and with 15mm or so of ring ononefinger, I bet that should come naturally, too!

I surely hope you get to wear what you like
11.gif

If worse comes to worse, two three.stone rings one next to the other other would add up to a right-hand-stack and I''d wear that as a form of ''ring stryke''
14.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results