shape
carat
color
clarity

Annual fall checkup and cleaning

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
I visit my lovely colored-stone connection (Jean's Silversmiths in Manhattan) every year to say thank you for hooking me up with my 1.97-carat no-heat ruby at a price I could actually afford and to make sure it is secure in its setting. The guys in the small jewelry department are so pleased with themselves for having it when I wanted it! They did point out that the trillion side stones were grimy, despite my best attempts with Windex just a couple of days ago, and steam-cleaned it for me. What a difference! Am I going to have to buy a home jewelry cleaner?

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I use a soft toothbrush with dish soap and lukewarm water.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
boerumbiddy|1447269048|3948291 said:
I visit my lovely colored-stone connection (Jean's Silversmiths in Manhattan) every year to say thank you for hooking me up with my 1.97-carat no-heat ruby at a price I could actually afford and to make sure it is secure in its setting. The guys in the small jewelry department are so pleased with themselves for having it when I wanted it! They did point out that the trillion side stones were grimy, despite my best attempts with Windex just a couple of days ago, and steam-cleaned it for me. What a difference! Am I going to have to buy a home jewelry cleaner?

Not a fan of those home jewelry cleaners, or any ultrasonic cleaner, on gems.

A soft toothbrush and dish soap will help. I would rinse with hot water. Some ammonia based dish soaps are a little hard on gems, so try to find a non-ammonia based one.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results