shape
carat
color
clarity

Annoyed with Groomer

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
I just had my dog groomed (mini schnauzer) by the same place I have taken him for the past couple of years. In fact, I interviewed groomers because of a disastrous prior experience. Specifically, I do not want my dog''s ears plucked. The owner told me that she never plucks the ears, only trims. I did note that Jimmy, the groomer who usually works on my dog is no longer there, but they did hire another woman. (There are 3 groomers in all, and they all worked on my dog before (except for this new woman)with no problems.)

Unfortunately, I did not notice the plucked ears until today- he was groomed yesterday and they are closed until next week for vacation. I did leave a message that I was really annoyed with them for a couple of reasons. The first, is that the owner specifically told me that they never pluck and secondly, it seems that after they plucked one ear, they tried to pluck the other but gave up (both ears had dried blood in them) NO ONE bothered to mention this to me at all. My dog''s ears are erect and the vet that there was no need to pluck the ears since his ears are erect, there is always air flow to keep them dry.

Do you feel that they need to make amends regarding this? or do you think I need to find another groomer?

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I would talk to them. If they were under strict instruction not to pluck, and they plucked, I would call the owner. If you don''t get a satisfactory answer, find a new groomer. Best wishes, I am sure your little guy is a member of your family, and you don''t like to see him hurting.
Hugs!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Yay mini-schnauzers!!! My parents had four while I was growning up (two at a time). Great little dogs
1.gif

Anyway, I would call the owner and remind her that you specifically asked that your dogs ears not be plucked. I''m sure she''ll feel bad about it (maybe you''ll get a free grooming out of it) and hopefully she''ll make sure it doesn''t happen again.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 2:34:30 PM
Author: elrohwen
Yay mini-schnauzers!!! My parents had four while I was growning up (two at a time). Great little dogs
1.gif

Anyway, I would call the owner and remind her that you specifically asked that your dogs ears not be plucked. I''m sure she''ll feel bad about it (maybe you''ll get a free grooming out of it) and hopefully she''ll make sure it doesn''t happen again.
It would be nice to get a free grooming. I pay more for his grooming than getting my own hair cut!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I would call the shop and speak with the owner, but remember, you get more flies with honey than vingar....so keep your emotions in check.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 3:03:26 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
I would call the shop and speak with the owner, but remember, you get more flies with honey than vingar....so keep your emotions in check.

ditto. Just say that you are very uphappy as you had specifically asked for it not to be done and see what she has to say.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 2:04:35 PM
Author:soocool
I just had my dog groomed (mini schnauzer) by the same place I have taken him for the past couple of years. In fact, I interviewed groomers because of a disastrous prior experience. Specifically, I do not want my dog''s ears plucked. The owner told me that she never plucks the ears, only trims. I did note that Jimmy, the groomer who usually works on my dog is no longer there, but they did hire another woman. (There are 3 groomers in all, and they all worked on my dog before (except for this new woman)with no problems.)

Unfortunately, I did not notice the plucked ears until today- he was groomed yesterday and they are closed until next week for vacation. I did leave a message that I was really annoyed with them for a couple of reasons. The first, is that the owner specifically told me that they never pluck and secondly, it seems that after they plucked one ear, they tried to pluck the other but gave up (both ears had dried blood in them) NO ONE bothered to mention this to me at all. My dog''s ears are erect and the vet that there was no need to pluck the ears since his ears are erect, there is always air flow to keep them dry.

Do you feel that they need to make amends regarding this? or do you think I need to find another groomer?
39.gif
7.gif
29.gif
38.gif
23.gif

I am so sorry, your poor pooch.

I would write a scathing letter....unless you get a contrite response I would turn tail and find another groomer or learn to D.I.Y.

Again, I am sorry.

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
wow, I guess I would call the owner and explain what happened and see what they say. I always say give them the benefit first before getting upset, especially if you want to frequent this salon in the future.

I have a mini schnauzer as well and I actually need my dog''s ears plucked. Her ears are erect as well, but since the hair grows in there, she tends to get ear infections if it is not properly cleaned out. I''ve had the vet do it several times as well as the groomer, and she''s never had any dried blood or pain from it. I do try plucking it out of her ears now at home between grooming (very very carefully after the vet showed me how!), and I know she''s not feeling it because she doesn''t even flinch.

Sorry you''re having such problems. I honestly think that if ear plucking is done correctly, it should not cause any discomfort to the dog. In our case, it prevents ear infections so it is important that we keep up on it. This is coming from someone who refuses to trim my dog''s nails because I don''t want to hurt her. Maybe some dogs have more sensitive ears than others or have had a bad experience with plucking. I know if done incorrectly, and if the wrong hairs are pulled, it can be painful to them. You really have to know what you are doing before attempting it.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Ditto the others - get ahold of the owner and go from there.

I am so sorry for your poor pup - that sounds really uncomfortable for him, poor baby
39.gif

I have to say though, if they can''t give you a satisfactory answer (honest miscommunication, etc..) I''d have no qualms about reporting them to your local BBB.

Also, I am hard pressed to imagine when a groomer would really need to do something that caused a dogs ears to bleed??

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Talk to the owner,give details,state facts with out emotion,ask what they do for the client when this type of mistake is made. If they ask what you expect(hopefully they will offer to give the next grooming on the house) ,then tell her you will give her the oppertunity to make amends and that a complimentary grooming would be a nice place to start.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
why don''t you want his ears plucked? This is a common procedure, and can be done painlessly when done properly. It does promote good ear health. We do our Bouvier (think super gigantic schnauzerish) every time we groom him. There is a powder to use which makes it easier to do.

That said, you are the customer and you made a specific request that was ignored for some reason. If you like the way they groomed him aside from this part, I would request either a free grooming or reduction in the price of the next grooming. Don''t know how successful that request will be after the fact, but explain that you are very unhappy with the ears. It''s possible they did one ear, then someone said no, don''t do the ears and it was too late. But ask for an explanation at least. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results