shape
carat
color
clarity

annoyed with cake lady...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
We were supposed to have a cake tasting yesterday. Timeline leading up to annoyance:
I emailed her on Wednesday to see if we could do it Sunday. Not a lot of notice, but she could have said no.
She emailed back Thursday night and said yes, anytime after 5.
I emailed her Friday morning to confirm and to get an address for her place.
...nothing. Okay, well maybe she''s doing a wedding this weekend.
I finally call the woman 3 hours before our supposed appointment time and leave a message.

15 hours later, I still haven''t heard from her. Who runs a business like that?!?!
29.gif
Does she not need our business? What should I do? I really like her cakes and her prices are very reasonable. She has glowing reviews! What the hell?!?

I want to email her and politely tell her where to stuff it...I mean express my disappointment.
12.gif

Feralpenchant

Shiny_Rock
Aw, I''m sorry she bailed on you!

Maybe she''s just busy.. Hopefully, but still, that''s no way to treat a client.

I would continue to try to reach her but in the meantime try to find another cake.. maker.. (cakemaker? What is that profession even called?).. Just in case she doesn''t come through. Always good to have a backup.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
We definitely want to go see others, but should I just write her off as a NO? I mean it just seems ridiculous to stand up a client who wants to potentially hire you!!

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
Hopefully there is a good explanation. If not, screw her. But if you like her, leave one more message and see if she gets back to you. I would find an acceptable alternative just in case she doesnt.

Oh and pastry chef works normally as a title...... lol.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Did you discuss the date? Is there any way she could have thought you meant next sunday?

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Try calling her during her normal business hours, there should be someone there to help you. On a said note, I''m honestly surprised that that she agreed to meet with you over the weekend anyway considering thats usually a busy time for bakeries.

Before going nuts, keep in mind that it could be an honest, simple mistake...or, she could be blowing you off...it could go either way. But, as for what to do, follow your gut. Do you want to work with her? If you''re still super interested, then try again...but if you have the option of several other bakeries, I would gone visit those first and maybe come back to this lady last.

Also, and this is something I want to stress about vendors in general, if you''re working with an independant vendor who owns a small business, please keep in mind that life happens. Esspecially if it''s a small one man show, there would be extenuating circumstances that you''re unaware of keeping her from reaching out to you. It''s probably nothing personal.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2009 3:07:30 PM
Author: emeraldlover1
Did you discuss the date? Is there any way she could have thought you meant next sunday?
I guess technically we didn''t discuss the date, but I called Sunday afternoon and left a message about meeting that day, so I don''t think that''s it. Just a bummer, I''ll email her later. Not about stuffing it, but just disappointment that we were left hanging.
7.gif

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not a patient nice pser, unlike others who have already given you advice.
3.gif
Bad communication is a big no for me, and I would cross her off. I do not need that kind of stress for the wedding, and cake is too important to me.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Thanks italia. I think she is a one woman show.

I guess we''ll meet with the others we wanted to meet, then see what she says when I email her...
40.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2009 3:27:02 PM
Author: choro72
I''m not a patient nice pser, unlike others who have already given you advice.
3.gif
Bad communication is a big no for me, and I would cross her off. I do not need that kind of stress for the wedding, and cake is too important to me.

I''m the same. I didn''t go with a photographer for the same reason. I hope that you hear from her soon sunnyd.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Well, I just got a call from cake lady''s assistant, and apparently she was in and out off the hospital this weekend. So I forgive her and put her back at the top of the list.
9.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s good that she had a proper reason for not returning your email/call. Enjoy the cake tasting!

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
glad to hear it worked out. I feel like especially in this economy vendors want business and it makes sense she had a good reason for being MIA! Enjoy the tasting.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2009 5:08:35 PM
Author: sunnyd
Well, I just got a call from cake lady''s assistant, and apparently she was in and out off the hospital this weekend. So I forgive her and put her back at the top of the list.
9.gif

Phew! I was actually going to say that she or one of her family members may have had an emergency or accident, so I wouldn''t go crazy just yet. Aren''t you glad you didn''t go ape!

Hope she is ok now, and all goes smoothly with your cake
1.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Definitely good you gave her the benefit of the doubt!

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Yay!

sugarjo

Shiny_Rock
hey sunny
i''m so sorry that this is happening, but i have to say, i run a "one women show" cake making enterprise, and i think that is beyond unprofessional, and no way to run a business. do you have time to try and find a new baker?

Margot

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/20/2009 3:18:11 PM
Author: sunnyd

Date: 4/20/2009 3:07:30 PM
Author: emeraldlover1
I guess technically we didn''t discuss the date, but I called Sunday afternoon and left a message about meeting that day, so I don''t think that''s it. Just a bummer, I''ll email her later. Not about stuffing it, but just disappointment that we were left hanging.
7.gif

It definitely sucks...especially missing out on sampling cake! YUMMY!

But, maybe if she had the wrong Sunday, she may not have been in the store at all to get the message. I would contact her through phone as emails can slow things down. Either way, there is a reason the appt fell through, and if it''s a legitimate reason go ahead and give her another shot if she has good reviews. Don''t let it bother you too much. You''ll get your cake in the end either way. :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results