shape
carat
color
clarity

anniversary upgrade - GOG 6.03 K SI1 AGS 0

ladylaw

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

Thought I'd share my unicorn upgrade from Good Old Gold. She's a 6.03 K SI1, AGS triple 0, set in a custom Vatche platinum band. Pictured with my BGD eternity ring (F/G). My ring size is 6-6.25. David was fantastic in helping me find several options that suited my budget and requirements (cut and size!). This particular stone was one he almost didn't bring in, as I wasn't even considering a K color. I was also considering two amazing 4 carat I stones. This stone has a faint brown (rather than yellow) tint, and while the fluoro rating is "negligible," there in fact is just the faintest, slightest hint of fluoro that shows under the black light, so I think the fluoro and faint brown coloring are what makes this look so white.

She faces up pretty white in virtually every kind of lighting that I've seen, and shows a tint (to me at least, I am not very sensitive) in very warm lighting in a very warm room. Showing you some pics in different lighting (indoor, outdoor cloudy, outdoor sunnier). Needless to say, I am thrilled!

IMG_5907.jpeg IMG_5955.jpg IMG_6002.jpg

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Lovely! Looks elegant on your hand. Enjoy!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Wow...that’s beautiful...and huge! The picture with the bridge in the background is great.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoa.... that's doorknocker level!! Congratulations on a spectacular upgrade. Looks very bright, and is actually HUGE. And I see you're in the bay area. That's big even for these parts! More pics would be welcome. And I think this needs to go into the 5 carat thread...

And, if covid ever ends, and we have a local GTG, you gotta come. I wanna see that honker IRL!!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Huge, but classy. Enjoy your new bling!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
beautiful rock. how deep is she? i would love some gallery pics.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
What an amazing upgrade! Huge & glorious!

RockFox

Shiny_Rock
That is one incredible diamond. Congratulations, may it bring you much joy. Would love to see some more pics.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dang, that is spectacular!! Looks so white and huge!

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
Holy crap!!!!

blingthing

Shiny_Rock
Fabulous! Congratulations, may you wear in great health and happiness for many years to come.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, it is gorgeous and HUGE and perfect on you!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whaaaat??!

SIX CARATS??? :-o What a beauty & it looks glorious on you!

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!!! Just stunning.❤

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all,

Thought I'd share my unicorn upgrade from Good Old Gold. She's a 6.03 K SI1, AGS triple 0, set in a custom Vatche platinum band. Pictured with my BGD eternity ring (F/G). My ring size is 6-6.25. David was fantastic in helping me find several options that suited my budget and requirements (cut and size!). This particular stone was one he almost didn't bring in, as I wasn't even considering a K color. I was also considering two amazing 4 carat I stones. This stone has a faint brown (rather than yellow) tint, and while the fluoro rating is "negligible," there in fact is just the faintest, slightest hint of fluoro that shows under the black light, so I think the fluoro and faint brown coloring are what makes this look so white.

She faces up pretty white in virtually every kind of lighting that I've seen, and shows a tint (to me at least, I am not very sensitive) in very warm lighting in a very warm room. Showing you some pics in different lighting (indoor, outdoor cloudy, outdoor sunnier). Needless to say, I am thrilled!

IMG_5907.jpeg IMG_5955.jpg IMG_6002.jpg

It’s absolutely gorgeous!! I LOVE a brown undertone as opposed to yellow. It’s BEAUTIFUL!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sheesh. That’s amazing!!

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Good lord!! She’s mighty purrty❤️❤️! Congrats!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a K??? It's SOOOO white!! And 6 carats?! Stop it! :kiss2:

Congratulations!!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
What a beauty. I love a faint brown. What a romantic shade. It's beautiful!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Goodness! That's a big diamond! It really does look white; I would have never guessed a K.

Enjoy!

P

Petalouda

Holy!! What a gorgeous diamond! I always think large rounds have trade off elegance for a wow factor but yours has both! Congrats!!!

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Wow. Would love to see people’s reactions. And I didn’t know there was a 5+ carat thread. So much sparkle.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wowsa! She’s gorgeous!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Happy anniversary!! And that is a hell of a rock!! It looks great on you. Enjoy :) 6ct is the new 4ct... LOL

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Looks spectacular!

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
When I read 6 (!) carats I assumed you must be married for at least 100 years for an upgrade like that. Well, saw your hands and you are no older than 25! The rock looks stunning on you beautiful hands! Congrats!

Last edited:

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely stunning. Wear it in good health.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results