shape
carat
color
clarity

Anniversary ring

nick_shay

Rough_Rock
Hi all! I'm brand new to gemstones, but the PS community was extremely helpful to me a few years ago when I was looking for a diamond engagement ring, so I've returned for help finding an anniversary ring! My wife has been asking for a right-hand ring for awhile now. I don't think she has a particular color preference, as long as the color is vivid. I'm looking for something under $5,000. I like the rings at the below links. Any thoughts on these? Thanks!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/203308326/blue-sapphire-engagement-ring-2-carat?ref=shop_home_active_17

http://www.earthstreasury.com/produ...e-tourmaline-diamond-and-14k-white-gold-ring/

S

SparkliesLuver

Are you hoping to find a completed ring? Do you know if she wants something pretty blingy, large, small, simple, ... ? Even though it's for a RHR, do you think she'll baby it or is she hard on her stuff?

nick_shay

Rough_Rock
I'd be amenable to finding a stone and then having a ring made. I liked these particular rings, and the stones, so I posed them.

It's a right-hand ring / cocktail ring, so she'll want it somewhat blingy, but she has pretty small hands so it has to have sleek lines rather than being chunky.

I don't know if she'll baby it, but she won't do the dishes in it. It'll be for nice dinners, going to the opera, that sort of thing.

Thanks!

S

SparkliesLuver

I guess I'd personally consider the ET ring to be more on the chunky side. I'm a bit picky about settings, so I'd prefer to find a stone and have input on the setting. That way too, you could surprise her with the stone and maybe she could have input on the setting. ? Not sure if you'd be up for that idea or not but I wanted to mention it. haha

Do you have a time frame?

I know it's small, but I have to mention this newly listed stone. Because when you say vivid, there's one stone that always rises to the top for me: paraiba. This would leave you with enough money to create a blingy, sleek, custom setting.

.42cts
4.8mm
Heated
$1,890
http://www.paraibainternational.com/product_info.php?product=4857

I'll keep an eye out for completely finished rings though. And I'm sure others will chime in shortly with great ideas!

ETA: Forgot to add picture. :wall:

_35985.jpg

nick_shay

Rough_Rock
Thanks SparkliesLuver, those are good ideas. I like the ET ring because my wife sent me a picture of a ring that looked virtually identical, but with a different stone, so I know she likes the setting. I like the JuliaB ring because it's reminiscent of the Tiffany Soleste ring, which I know my wife also likes. I also like the color of the center stone in each. Your idea about presenting her with the stone sounds nice, and I'll keep it in mind. My preference would be to complete the ring, and our anniversary is a month away, so I think I have enough time to find a stone and have it set. But if push comes to shove, I'll find the stone and then find the ring after our anniverary.

S

SparkliesLuver

If you like both rings you initially posted, then I'd go with whichever one you think she'd love the most (as the stones and styles are a bit different). Sounds like a good plan! :)

nick_shay

Rough_Rock
Do both stones look good? I'm not really sure what to look for.... It's helpful that JuliaB has a video.

S

SparkliesLuver

Both look well-cut. The one thing that "concerns" me about the rubellite is that he describes it as deep. I'd worry it might close up in some lighting. The sapphire, though, goes a little violet at times, so she'd have to be okay with that.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really love the Julia B ring (I actually have this style in mind for my own anniversary).

I also liked these from her website:

This one is gorgeous and looks like it has a lot of finger coverage.
image_4180.jpg

This is a great one too
image_4181.jpg

If you like the style, of one of the rings, but want a different stone, I'm sure she could help you out.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What would you think of this? It's at the top of your budget but a bright stone with a lovely floral design. I can't exactly link it but you can find it at JoeEscobar.com

resizer__5_.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1452644397|3975043 said:
What would you think of this? It's at the top of your budget but a bright stone with a lovely floral design. I can't exactly link it but you can find it at JoeEscobar.com

That's a gorgeous one! And he has really great rings in general that might fit the bill for this project so I'd recommend browsing the website. :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results