shape
carat
color
clarity

Anniversary Ring - white labradorite and single cut diamonds

Mondayschild

Shiny_Rock
Anniversary ring! 15 years of marriage this coming week.

Main stone is 1.25 ct & 12 single cut diamonds (listed as H, VS2)

Fairly sure this is white labradorite (feldspar) vs moonstone - although I have found that it seems to be called "rainbow moonstone" or "moonstone".
It has internal patterns and an almost purple/sometimes blue that makes me confident it is labradorite.

Also find it hard to photograph what happens with this ring!

It is never the same, the light inside it changes every way you look at it - the diamonds sparkle with white and blue flashes too depending on the light.

I love the juxtaposition of the unusual, irregular stone with the uniform/traditional diamonds. Unsure on dates as resized and no hallmarks. Not certain on era/estimated dates. Was listed as Victorian but I wonder if it is a bit younger.

I love the claws too! like talons. Happy :kiss2:
ring1.jpg ring2.jpg ring3.jpg

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Happy anniversary!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh, this is a beautiful ring! Love everything about it :kiss2: Wishing you a very Happy 15th Anniversary!

Mondayschild

Shiny_Rock
Ok, apologies for the *bump* but better than starting a new thread.

@junebug17 @kgizo @daisys or others, what do you think would complement this in terms of a wedding band/eternity band? I'm planning to wear this as a sort of engagement ring and then get a vintage band.

I'm ok with a gap between above ring and the band.
yellow gold with single cuts?
a different diamond cut entirely? (want it to have some sparkle)
Open to any/all suggestions as I start to look.

The single cut diamonds are very small and probably under .50ctw (estimated 25-30)
I love how this ring moves and flashes in the light, both with inner mystery of the main stone and the glittery single cuts. Yay for vintage!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you take a pic of the side profile and underneath? A concern might be if you wear a band next to your ring the friction might compromise the prongs of the halo or if the halo diamond girdle is exposed it could cut into the band.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mondayschild, I had the same thought as @kgizo, the ring looks low to the finger and I'm afraid a diamond band might rub against the halo and cause damage to either ring. A channel set diamond band might work as the rail might act as a buffer.

luckygreen317

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, apologies for the *bump* but better than starting a new thread.

@junebug17 @kgizo @daisys or others, what do you think would complement this in terms of a wedding band/eternity band? I'm planning to wear this as a sort of engagement ring and then get a vintage band.

I'm ok with a gap between above ring and the band.
yellow gold with single cuts?
a different diamond cut entirely? (want it to have some sparkle)
Open to any/all suggestions as I start to look.

The single cut diamonds are very small and probably under .50ctw (estimated 25-30)
I love how this ring moves and flashes in the light, both with inner mystery of the main stone and the glittery single cuts. Yay for vintage!

I love the concept of “ring guards” or ring enhancers as they are called now. Two bands are attached underneath and your ring sits inside of it. That way, your ring wouldn’t be damaged by bands rubbing against it.

IMG_0556.jpeg

Mondayschild

Shiny_Rock
Thanks all. Pics of side view & underside attached. IMG20240116081253.jpg IMG20240116080609.jpg

Attachments

• IMG20240116080529.jpg
    IMG20240116080529.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 31

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would worry about wear and tear if you put a band next to it. Perhaps a set like suggested above. I’ve also seen bands that have a gap in them. If you went this route you may have to do custom. I don’t have rings like this so can’t comment on how they fit and / or wear. Lastly, some people get a very low plain band and put that between the ER and wedding band to “absorb” the wear.

Mondayschild

Shiny_Rock
Thank you - I might just have to wear it by itself then. I didn't even consider this when we bought it (being hard to fit with other rings) but I don't regret it at all. There's no rule about having to have 1, 2 or 3 rings (or any rings) I suppose :)

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you - I might just have to wear it by itself then. I didn't even consider this when we bought it (being hard to fit with other rings) but I don't regret it at all. There's no rule about having to have 1, 2 or 3 rings (or any rings) I suppose :)

I have a friend with a ER like this and she wears her band on her opposite hand. There’s no right or wrong answer.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results