shape
carat
color
clarity

anniversary ring help!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

djgaloot

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I am new to this forum, it is great! I am also not a diamond expert.
I am getting ready to surprise my wife with an anniversary ring for our 20th anniversary. I have almost settled on a shared prong 18kt gold eternity ring of about 3.0 total caret diamonds of G, VS1 and ideal cut. There are several online companies I am considering as well as local sources. The price differences are HUGE for nearly the same grading of diamonds. Approximate Examples: Tiffanys 2ctw, G, VS1 $8000!!; Diamond Design Co. 3ctw F, VS2 $4000; Fine Jewlers 2.9 ctw, G, VS $4000; myjewelerysource 2.9 ctw, H, Vs1 min. $5300; Mondera 3.8 ctw, H, VS1 $8375. How do I decide and what is most important? The Tiffany and Mondera are out of my price range, the others are okay. The ring will be a size 7. Are these on-line sources okay to deal with? Any advice is welcome as I am pretty nervous about this.
thanks,
dave
confused.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Even if you haven't listed them, I'd ask to Whiteflash... They have EXCEPTIONAL h+a stones and some of them are as small as 0.02ct... I guess they have or could provide you all the stones you need to make the ring...

djgaloot

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the input. I went to whiteflash.com and could not find any "small" diamonds in their diamond search. If I were to search out and buy loose diamonds I would be looking for 18 matched diamonds of about .16 - .17 carets each. I think I would want ideal cut, H or better clarity and VS1 or better. Other suggestions? What should I expect to pay for these? I am assuming that for small diamonds, in an prong-set eternity band setting, to really sparkle the order of importance (given a set size)is Cut - Color - Clarity? is this correct?
thanks,

kathishopping

Rough_Rock
hi,
congratulations on 20 years.
by the way, just an fyi and if it matters...20 year anniversary is platinum.
I know this because last year was our 20th...I had my diamonds reset platinum..................platinum is king!!
Happy 20 years and many more...good luck in your search too.

2.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
You have to email them about the small stones... They do not list them on the website...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results