shape
carat
color
clarity

Ann McKay/James Meyer vs. Marc Williams

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

paeony

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I know that Ann McKay took over James Meyer''s studio and continues to produce many of his designs. Does anyone know if there is a relationship with Marc Williams also? So many of his pieces look much like those on Ann''s site.
I''m sure there are other designers with similar styles, but they are in the same town. Just curious for future purchases-- want to give credit (or business) where credit is due!
2.gif

Marc Williams: http://www.webgoldsmith.com/

Ann McKay: http://www.annmckaystudio.com/

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no idea if there is any past relationship, but I prefer Ann McKay and James Meyer''s work, personally.

heavymetal

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I can give you some information about James Meyer, Ann McKay, and Marc Williams. Ann worked for James for a number of years and then bought his studio in Williamsport. She does her own work, sells some of James''s one of a kind pieces and also produces some of his old line items. James still produces jewelry in his home studio. All of the pieces he makes now are one of a kind items. You can find his jewelry on-line at www.jamesmeyerjewelry.com. Marc worked for James for a few years then opened his own store in Williamsport.

I found your message because I own a one of a kind brooch that James made. He travels to Italy every year and he was inspired by his affinty for Italy''s culture and legends. My husband gave me the brooch for Christmas and I was knocked out by both the design and the craftsmanship. The brooch has ruby, tourmaline and diamond stones set in cast and fabricated 18 karat gold. If you like his work you should check out his website to see lots of pictures of his beautiful jewelry. You''ll have fun looking.

Heavymetal

Meyer Rome Brooch.jpg

paeony

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Me too DS
I have a James Meyer design from Ann McKay on the way
1.gif

I was just noticing that several designs I liked had very similar counterparts on Marc''s site (only slight variation)
I figured they must have worked together at some point.

I''ve never been to Williamsport, Pa -- but I can''t imagine its a large city-- seems like they would be big competitors!

paeony

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks Heavymetal!
Great info!
And I LOVE your brooch- thanks for sharing!!
his designs are so creative and beautifully executed- I love looking at his site.
I wanted him to make my e-ring setting, but my diamond doesn''t look as great in a bezel.
8.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 7:58:11 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I prefer Ann McKay and James Meyer's work, personally.

Ditto--and Caleb Meyer too.
1.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 8:06:04 PM
Author: heavymetal
Hi,

I can give you some information about James Meyer, Ann McKay, and Marc Williams. Ann worked for James for a number of years and then bought his studio in Williamsport. She does her own work, sells some of James''s one of a kind pieces and also produces some of his old line items. James still produces jewelry in his home studio. All of the pieces he makes now are one of a kind items. You can find his jewelry on-line at www.jamesmeyerjewelry.com. Marc worked for James for a few years then opened his own store in Williamsport.

I found your message because I own a one of a kind brooch that James made. He travels to Italy every year and he was inspired by his affinty for Italy''s culture and legends. My husband gave me the brooch for Christmas and I was knocked out by both the design and the craftsmanship. The brooch has ruby, tourmaline and diamond stones set in cast and fabricated 18 karat gold. If you like his work you should check out his website to see lots of pictures of his beautiful jewelry. You''ll have fun looking.

Heavymetal

What an informative first post Heavymetal, thankyou and welcome to PS !
I love Meyer in general, and your brooch is no exception - what a special gift
5.gif

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
I absolutely adore James Meyer''s jewelry. I really like his two tone work. When I find the cash, I want him to set my grandmother''s diamond. His talent is so amazing, and I am really drawn to his designs. I am very picky!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d had never heard of JM until Coati posted her ring but from pictures his stuff looks amazing. I would love to own something by him someday......sigh.........

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results