shape
carat
color
clarity

Angela''s attempts to photograph her diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
[Posted on behalf of Angela: asblackrock]

"You will need to excuse the poor photography. I only have a cheap digital camera with bad optics and a crack on the viewing screen so I had to take numerous shots to get one in reasonable focus. The photo below is the image I have woken up to every morning, except with a viewing distance of only 2 inches, the diamond is much darker in the photo. It is still in it's box embedded in black foam.

For those interested, I used a loose 20 D lens in front of the camera lens. It was hand held with just ordinary room lighting. The arrows just stand out a mile looking at the stone with the naked eye and I think I have captured this reasonably."

- Angela

IMG_0010c.JPG

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
[Posted on behalf of Angela: asblackrock]

"This is a side view of the diamond to show the deliciously fat crown (is there a correct term for this?). I just love this shape, but I can well imagine that this is a matter of personal taste. This was taken just below a halogen downlight, again with a 20 D lens held in front. I just could not capture the coloured flashes at all, but this shot shows a tiny trace of blue. It would be fun to play with better equipment and lighting.

Many thanks to John from Whiteflash for taking the trouble to post these for me, as I kept getting an error message when attempting to upload them from my desktop."

- Angela

IMG_0011c.jpg

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/25/2004 10:32:29 AM
Author: asblackrock (from JQ)
Many thanks to John from Whiteflash for taking the trouble to post these for me, as I kept getting an error message when attempting to upload them from my desktop.

You're quite welcome. I think it looks delicious too!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
awesome!!
Congrates!!

asblackrock

Shiny_Rock
Thankyou fortheloveofdiamonds and strmrdr.

strmrdr: I found your thread about settings in the section "FAQ" very informative. A great contribution to this forum!

In the end the diamond was set by Garry Holloway's team and the ring collected today. A superb job was done. Story and pictures are at the end of the thread "Santa has arrived early in Australia"
Sorry I haven't worked out yet how to link threads!

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2005 10:15
6.gif
7 PM
Author: asblackrock
Sorry I haven''t worked out yet how to link threads!

No problem, Lady Angela.

For those who would like to see this fantastic ring, clicketh here.

asblackrock

Shiny_Rock
Hi Sir John

Thank you for coming to my rescue once again!

I am slowly getting the hang of this “posting on a forum thing”. This time I could actually download photos from Garry’s email on my own and upload them onto my post by myself. I am slowly improving with all this new fangled technology. In time I may even learn to link threads!

Meanwhile every lady needs her knight in shining armour (or even Spaniard from La Mancha!).

PS Good job my John is so secure and not the jealous type!
OH NO! He is piping up next to me that he IS the jealous type. After 25 years I better watch out!
17.gif

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
LOL. No need for green, good Sir Knight. I am honourable, and happy to tilt at a windmill or 2 for a damsel in cyberstress.

Of course...since my fair lady is also an Angela...how could I refuse?

John & Angela send best regards to John & Angela
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results