shape
carat
color
clarity

Andalusite in White Gold

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just got this back today. This is a 12x10 Roughly 3.5 Carat Andalusite reset in an old setting that held a garnet. The jeweler added some gold to make it seat right in the setting. I am not sure if I love it or not. Hmm...... Here''s a pic.

Lisa

andy144.jpg

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another view.

andy143.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks lovely. Do you have any close up shots?

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Side view- Little diamonds in a butterfly.

andy142.jpg

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last one.

Lisa

andy140.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you made good use of a lovely setting. VEry pretty!
36.gif

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can''t photograph anything very well and this is as close as I get without it being fuzz. I have tried with my Kodak, with a Nikon. Macro settings, farther settings...... sigh.
face1.gif
Thanks for the compliment.

Lisa

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s a pretty ring. I own a 5 carat emerald cut andalusite. It''s very dichroic from olive green to brown. It''s an interesting stone.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Cool! Don''t see andalusite jewelry too often. Nice stone!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last thing I will say about the stone (I have to drool over the other threads right now) is that the stone is green to olive green with flashes of blue green, yellow and red. Very little if any brown at all. It was sold to me as an Alexandrite and tested as an Andalusite by my GIA Appraiser. As and Andalusite it is a very good representation of the stone and being over 2 carats makes it rare. They are still affordable at this size because they are not that popular yet. They can be stunningly beautiful and I recommend one for any collection. I think Multicolour gems has one around this size for under $300.

Lisa

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I like it! Really pretty and cool color!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results