shape
carat
color
clarity

And we''re down to 2!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RockNewb2Pro

Rough_Rock
Say hypothetically I were to give you only 1 stone. Which of these two would be your choice?

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/5705/

https://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/Whiteflash-ACA-cut-diamond-1466975.htm

I''m pretty much a novice when it comes to reading the images, but the numbers of both look good to me.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
OK go get a coin....GOG is heads & WF is tails........now flip the coin!!

Seriously, I think both those stones are great and very very close. Both vendors have great inspection and upgrade policies so for me I would go with the vendor that had the setting that I wanted. If you don''t need a setting.......go back to the coin.
11.gif
You can''t go wrong with either!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, these are soooo close to the same! I''d choose the Good Old Gold stone for a couple of reasons, one of which is that it has the mental advantage of being 1.25 cts. and a teeny bit larger in diameter.

RockNewb2Pro

Rough_Rock
They seriously are pretty close, which is why I''m at a middle ground. I do like the 1.25 sound! Thanks!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
coin toss too. but if price is vector in too, I would go for the GOG, better price for a slightly bigger stone.

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2009 8:44:12 PM
Author: KtIceRN
OK go get a coin....GOG is heads & WF is tails........now flip the coin!!

Seriously, I think both those stones are great and very very close. Both vendors have great inspection and upgrade policies so for me I would go with the vendor that had the setting that I wanted. If you don''t need a setting.......go back to the coin.
11.gif
You can''t go wrong with either!
Nice selection process, KT.
9.gif

I''d agree with the others. These are really close, so the slightly larger and lower priced GOG stone would be my pick, as long as they have a setting you like.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d go with the 1.25 too! Nice round number

RockNewb2Pro

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone. So I''m going to be giving diamondseeker, Stonecold, Jet2k and lovestosparkle a nice 1.25 Stone and KtIceRN will get a Coin!

I''m excited and can''t wait, I hope my gf likes it enough to say yes to me! haha

41.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
That stone will be a stunner! I''m sure your gf (soon to be fiancee!) will love it
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/22/2009 8:45:52 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Gosh, these are soooo close to the same! I''d choose the Good Old Gold stone for a couple of reasons, one of which is that it has the mental advantage of being 1.25 cts. and a teeny bit larger in diameter.
Ditto the ladies.

RockNewb2Pro

Rough_Rock
What''s your take on the HCA scores for the following
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/5705/
1.25 I VS2 HCA = 2 (Very good for all)

https://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/Whiteflash-ACA-cut-diamond-1466975.htm
1.21 I VS1 HCA= 1.1 (Very good spread, excellent all)

I''ve read that most HoA diamonds come in with a score of 2. Side-by-side, would the HCA=1.1 stone outperform the HCA=2 stone in real world conditions?
That must be where the price difference is along with the clarity?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
The first one is a tiny bit weak under the table, but overall bother are very pretty. I''d probably get the cheaper stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results