shape
carat
color
clarity

And then there were two...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Diamond_Virgin

Rough_Rock
Thanks to everyone who helped me narrow down my decision in my previous thread (https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/so-ive-chosen-a-diamond.36812/).

I've already picked out my diamond for the engagement ring:

http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-1948527.htm#
0.795 cts
Color: J
Clarity: SI1

I also know that my gf wears a size 7 ring.

Finally, I've decided to get her a ring with a narrower band, rather than one that is thicker.

With that in mind, I've narrowed it down to two choices, both of which I'll attach pictures for:

The first is the Platinum Sleek Lines Solitaire by Le
http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Solitaire/Platinum-Sleek-Lines-Solitaire_688.htm
$549
--Stocked at Whiteflash

The second is the Royal Crown by Vatche

$ Price unknown
--Not stocked at Whiteflash

So my first concern is figuring out how much the Royal Crown costs, and if Whiteflash can get it, and set it, in time to get it to me by Christmas. I was also hoping that someone here knew the dimensions for both rings. It seems like the Sleek Lines is narrower, but not that much more than the Royal Crown, and both are narrow in comparison to say the X-Prong.

Thanks again everyone for the continuing support. You're going to make my gf very happy
1.gif

--Eban

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I much prefer the second option. By the way, have you verified whether that particular diamond is eyeclean? I would be a bit worried about the inclusion in the middle.

Diamond_Virgin

Rough_Rock
According to Lesley at Whiteflash, yes, the stone is eyeclean. Also, if you look at the zoomed-in view of the stone I am unable to see any feathers.

--Eban

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
That's great! You're getting such a beautiful ring for a great price! You're making me feel guilty about emailing my boyfriend links to 8k rocks!
31.gif

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
I inquired about the sleek line setting a while back, and if I remember correctly, it''s pretty thin. I think it was something like 2.2mm and tapers down at the bottom. The RC was a little thicker. I tried it on in person; I have a solitaire that is 3.5mm and it is thinner than that but the store didn''t know the exact width.

I much prefer the RC. Something about the sleek lines one just bugs me. I think the RC is much more fluid and elegant.

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
definately the second one...its gorgeous!

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE the head on the the Vatche. I would go with that one personally!

E B

Ideal_Rock
The Royal Crown, for sure. Gorgeous!
30.gif

carlsbad

Rough_Rock
That''s what I call smart shopping! You are going to have a beautiful ring for less than 3k. Great job - she''ll love it!

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
#2!#2! My .02 (yes, I''m only giving you two cents, not the twenty most people give ...can you tell I pay attention to detail?)

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Discenting voice. In a size 7 ring w/ a 3/4c diamond, I like the proportions of #1 better.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2005 10:31:06 AM
Author: fire&ice
Discenting voice. In a size 7 ring w/ a 3/4c diamond, I like the proportions of #1 better.

I like the RC better but must agree with Fire & Ice for the finger size and stone size i like #1.

Diamond_Virgin

Rough_Rock
Do the two of you mind if I ask what exactly it is about the Sleek Lines that lends itself better to the ring size/diamond size that I have?

Thanks,
Eban

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just think the thin taper of the sleek lines will really spotlight the stone. I love the wider settings but think they look better with larger stones. Just my .02

ETA: the sleek lines is 2.2 right? what is the mm of the Royal Crown? if it's like 2.5 i'd go with the RC if it's closer to 3mm i'd go with the sleek lines..

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
I''m actually going to say that here, since they are both relatively slim rings, you should go with the royal crown. I think the six prong will actually make the diamond look a little bigger from far away. And, though you would know better than I, in the photos you have shown us of her hands, she looks like she is more feminine than sporty, which I believe lends itself to the six prong. If she''s more sporty, I''d go with the sleek lines. But she has very graceful and feminine looking hands, so I think the royal crown would look gorgeous on them...

Diamond_Virgin

Rough_Rock
A photo of her hands for those who missed the other thread:

Also, I''m not sure on the ring dimensions of the rings, although I''ve e-mailed Whiteflash and asked them to send them to me.

--Eban

mygf_hands.JPG

researcher

Ideal_Rock

I agree. The Royal Crown is one of my FAVORITE settings, but with your stone and her finger size, I say the 1st setting will show it off better.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2005 1:22:52 PM
Author: researcher

I agree. The Royal Crown is one of my FAVORITE settings, but with your stone and her finger size, I say the 1st setting will show it off better.
my thoughts exactly.....
1.gif

squarediamondlove

Shiny_Rock
Definately the Royal Crown! It has a richer and more solid look to it.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2005 2:23:54 PM
Author: icekid

Date: 12/3/2005 1:22:52 PM
Author: researcher

my thoughts exactly.....
1.gif
Me four, I think it is.
2.gif
I like #1 for the reasons already listed.

shay

Diamond_Virgin

Rough_Rock
Just a quick update: I searched the forums and found another thread where Lesley from Whiteflash listed the measurements of the Sleek Lines as:

"The ring measures 1.9mm at the top, 2.6mm in the middle and 2.8mm at the bottom."

I''m still waiting on the dimensions for the Royal Crown.

--Eban

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
sweeet
3.gif
i really really like the thin, daintyness of the sleek lines. that''s still my vote!
36.gif

Diamond_Virgin

Rough_Rock
Just another update, as I now have the dimensions of both rings:

Sleek Line: 2.80mm (bottom), 2.60 (middle), 1.90 (top)

Royal Crown: 2.85mm (bottom), 3.14 (middle), 2.74 (top)

Cheers,
Eban

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the thinner band will showcase the diamond better. I personally think the wider band will make the stone look smaller. I still vote for #1. it''s thin around the diamond but thicker on the shank which will be very nice for her hand size.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/5/2005 10:11:37 AM
Author: Diamond_Virgin

Cheers,
Eban
I was going to vote for the Sleek Lines again anyway, but seeing the dimensions clinches it for me. Like everyone else, I too think that with the ring size and stone size, the Sleek Lines would look best. I think it''ll really highlight the stone, and I love its delicateness.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/5/2005 10:11:37 AM
Author: Diamond_Virgin

Cheers,
Eban
sleek lines all the way! it''s going to be fabulous
36.gif

Diamond_Virgin

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the replies everyone! It''s been a really tough decision, since I love the look of the Royal Crown setting, but I agree with those of you who think that the Sleek Lines will really show off the diamond better.

I''ve finally decided to go with the Sleek Lines, for a couple of reasons. First off, I love how the band tapers at the top, and second, I''ll be sure to get my diamond in time since Whiteflash carries the band.

I do have one final question: Should I ask to have the diamond set low in the setting, or high?

Thanks again for all the advice!
Eban

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results