shape
carat
color
clarity

and the offers keep on coming!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

69gm

Shiny_Rock
hi all,

sorry to bother you again but i got yet another offer. no price yet but howz the rock in general?

off of a sarin:

depth 61.2%
crown 34.5 (34.1 - 34.7)
pavil 41.0 (40.6 - 41.3)
culet 0.5%
table 56.3%
girdle 1.6% (1.3 - 2.0) medium

carat 1.070
VS2, I color
polish/sym - ex/ex
fluor - none

scored a 1.8 on the HCA

so what do you think? when i get a price i''ll post again to see if it''s a good price or not.

thanks!

69gm

Shiny_Rock
anyone have an opinion thusfar?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
41.0 deg. pavilion angle may be just a bit deep for ideal cut stone. Otherwise, every diamond has its price
1.gif

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Don't bargain for fish which are still in the water

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds good! The HCA score sounds good as well. What is the price? I would estimate around $3k maybe?

69gm

Shiny_Rock
hi mara,

i will post the price when i get the quote. still waiting...i think he'll get me the price tomorrow. i'm glad you think it's a good diamond. i guess it now depends on the price to see if the asking price is worth it or not.

leonid, how much difference would the 41 pavilion make? what would be the "magic number" i'm shooting for? and how much difference would it make on the naked eye? just wasn't sure since 41 still fell in the "ideal" range.

boy it's really hard buying a diamond online. i don't get to see the rock itself which from what i've been reading is the determining factor. i guess i just have to put my faith in great vendors like those found here as well as great advice and feedback from everyone in general!
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm I'd be interested to know where you are purchasing the stone as this was not listed anywhere on Pscope. Not that means it's a bad thing. It just means its outside of the Pscope range of stones.

Make sure that the vendor you are working with has a good return policy in case anything happens so you are covered. Also, if you want to let us know who you are working with, people can sometimes let you know if they have worked with that co in the past.

On searching Pscope, around $3k could be a very good price for this stone. A regular-cut stone looked to be around $2600 and an excellently cut 1.06 I VS2 was also listed at being around $4500. Big range!!

69gm

Shiny_Rock
hi mara,

how did you get those numbers? i just want to learn what a good price can be that's why? where did you plug in your seach parameters and what did you use?

the company that's been trying (and trying really hard) to earn my business is Union Diamond.com. i got one feedback from someone on the forum that they said they've only got good things to say. of course that's just one feedback. no one seems to have an opinion on them.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Go to www.pricescope.com.

On the bottom left of the page as you scroll down a bit is a search engine tool for stones. Put in 'round'...I searched for your exact specs, so I put in 1.07c I VS stone and saw what it returned. There are a few stones in that range for around $2600 and then there was also one in the cut quality search for $4500.

The Cut Quality search is again on Pricescope's homepage, but on the top right it says 'Search by Cut Quality'. Click here, and type in your specs..and it will return info for you.

If you do not yet have your heart set on the UD stone, surf around Pscope a bit and see what else may tempt your eye. There are alot of stones on the engine, so you may find something comparable to what UD is selling you..and/or that way you may have some leverage on price negotiation when UD comes back to you with a price. If this stone sounds good to you (sounds good to me!), and they say...well the price is $4k, you have a leg to stand on if you say...well I found about 15 other stones with the same specs online that are around $3000. See if they will price match!

Good luck!
1.gif

69gm

Shiny_Rock
thanks mara,

it can be so overwhelming and when i have too many choices, i don't know which one to get. i know no 2 diamonds are the same which makes it all the more confusing...
sick.gif

i guess i just have to "go for it" and hopefully i'll be happy with my choice.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's very difficult to stop the search and just be happy with the stone you chose. There are SO many out there, its easy to go insane. Take a deep breath, decide if this stone fits your budget (when you know that is), does it fit your requirements of the 4c's and are you happy with it. Then make the decision. Don't get too overwhelmed by what else you COULD find...it will drive you nuts! But if the stone turns out to be too pricey or the vendor seems shifty..just keep looking. As there are many stones out there, you don't have to be beholden to one unless you really feel it.
1.gif

Good luck!

69gm

Shiny_Rock
thanks for the pep talk! i'll post the price of this rock when i get it (should be tomorrow).

also i've been told that he wants to "show" me another one. i hope to have that info tomorrow too to post. this guys is definitely relentless, but in a good way.

69gm

Shiny_Rock
the price for the rock came out to $4950. not worth it i don't think...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not when you could have that 1.06c rock from NiceIce that I found instead...and that one would definitely be an excellent cut stone, they hand pick their stuff.

Just out of curiousity, what are you looking for? the 1c mark? a well cut stone? what color/clarity? what is your budget. Some of us on here may be able to help you scout for some good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results