shape
carat
color
clarity

And the MONSTER is still dead!!! WOO HOOOO

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
LS, I am SO glad to hear the monster is still being kept away! I remember little about your thread - I didn''t begin reading it until some time after it began, when you already had a surgery scheduled - but I do remember thinking about you a lot during that time. And every time I saw a blueberry I thought of you - still do, in fact!

And that puppy is sooooo cute! What kind of dog is it?

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Hello there
35.gif

i just re-joined this community after a looooooooong hibernation and I am getting to know people here :)
So glad that your health is improving and that you feel good! cause it''s true, Life is wonderful!!!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Mis Eliza is so snugglicious!

And massive hugs to you LS! I''m glad you''re doing well!
36.gif

Have you gone on that bike ride yet?
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm so glad to hear you're still doing well!
36.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/18/2009 9:47:09 AM
Author: monarch64
LS, so happy to hear that you're doing better. And the puppy is ADORABLE! Was Toto from The Wizard of Oz a Cairn terrier also? I might have my breeds confused...at any rate, your little Eliza Doolittle is precious!
Hi Monnie

Thanks, we love her too!

Yes, the original ToTo was a cairn terrier. In fact, we have a ToTo here at home. He is old and grey, now 16-3/4 years old! So Eliza is kind of "in anticipation" of the day when ToTo is no longer with us.

Middle furkid is Robbie Burns.

So here are all 3 of the hooligans. It was quite a feat to get all of them to sit still for a photo, so they look kind of dazed but they're oogling the cookie taped to the front of my camera!

ToTo (far left) - 16.75 years old
Robbie (middle) - 4 years old
Eliza (far right) - 4 months old

LS

3 Dogs Aug 2009.jpg

tlh

Ideal_Rock
terrific news! I am wishing you continued success on your recovery!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so HAPPY FOR YOU, huge hugs!!! You are so awesome LostSapphire!!!
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG LS I love Eliza...!!! Cairns are soo adorable. And I am so glad you are feeling better, I wasn't around much during your ordeal, but thankful that your pain is gone. Life can be very good and I am so glad you are feeling that way now. Puppy probably does wonders for lifting the spirits, their antics just have to make you laugh. Please post more pics!

How funny, I thought that Toto from the movie was a Norwich terrier but he was a Cairn. Most of the smaller terriers (Cairn, Scottie, Westie, Norwish, Norfolk, Yorkie) have mixed lineage which is why so many of them look alike, a lot of breeding to each other!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/18/2009 4:48:28 PM
Author: Mara
OMG LS I love Eliza...!!! Cairns are soo adorable. And I am so glad you are feeling better, I wasn''t around much during your ordeal, but thankful that your pain is gone. Life can be very good and I am so glad you are feeling that way now. Puppy probably does wonders for lifting the spirits, their antics just have to make you laugh. Please post more pics!

How funny, I thought that Toto from the movie was a Norwich terrier but he was a Cairn. Most of the smaller terriers (Cairn, Scottie, Westie, Norwish, Norfolk, Yorkie) have mixed lineage which is why so many of them look alike, a lot of breeding to each other!
HiYa Mara

Thanks for the good wishes.

There has been some dispute since the movie first came out, whether the original ToTo was a cairn, a norwich or a Skye terrier. I think they presume Cairn now, but at the time it wasn''t really documented.

But when people ask me what kind of dog they are, I just say "like ToTo from the Wizard of Oz" and it gives people the general idea.

And yes, Eliza Doolittle is quite the charmer!

LS

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ha ha that is like when I tell people Portia is a Westie and they ask what that looks like. I say ''like Toto from Wizard of Oz but white'' and they get the picture.
2.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
What wonderful news, LS! Thank you so much for coming here and giving us an update.

How about some updated pictures of your wonderful Blueberry? I so enjoyed your story of your lost ring, and the hunt for a new one. And, I agree with the other posters, my heart does a little leap when I see your beautiful blue sapphire avatar. Because, you are a gem of a lady as well.
36.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
YAY LS! Congratulations! And your pups are soooo cute!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations that you are doing well! Your dogs look so cute on the bed. and they do look a bit dazed - lol. The new puppy is a cutie!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Hail "Lost the Dragonslayer"

I so admire your courage Ms Lost, more than I can ever say. And I am so glad that you have started this thread because I did just have a little wonder if your scant posting was because the ol'' dragon was rearing his ugly head. I brushed that thought aside and quickly imagined you loving your new life so much that you were filling it with good things that you were not able to enjoy before.

I admire you even more for taking yourself on this personal quest of discovery since you''ve been feeling better and I would love it if you post some more about the steps you have been taking.

I admit to more than a little personal curiosity. I too am strugling with a head monster (no where near as brutal as yours). I have recently heard of some surgery that may help me and I am wondering what to do. It is hugely daunting, not only because of my fears about whether or not it will work but also because it involves my face and my vanity knows no bounds I am ashamed to admit. Sometimes I feel so sorry for myself, then I feel angry with myself for my self pity. Three very dear friends of mine no longer have the luxury of self pity, and their pain was far greater than mine.

The trouble with pain is that it eats away at so many different aspects of one''s life.

Long may your dragon stay dead my friend, and may your health and Joie de Vive continue for many, many years.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
PS: your babies are adorable! Now fess up, you were threatening to "mangle" them if they didn''t sit still weren''t you?

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 12:59:48 AM
Author: Gailey
PS: your babies are adorable! Now fess up, you were threatening to 'mangle' them if they didn't sit still weren't you?
No, I only do the ears: starch + mangle so they sit straight up!
2.gif

LS

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 12:58:20 AM
Author: Gailey
Hail ''Lost the Dragonslayer''

I so admire your courage Ms Lost, more than I can ever say. And I am so glad that you have started this thread because I did just have a little wonder if your scant posting was because the ol'' dragon was rearing his ugly head. I brushed that thought aside and quickly imagined you loving your new life so much that you were filling it with good things that you were not able to enjoy before.

I admire you even more for taking yourself on this personal quest of discovery since you''ve been feeling better and I would love it if you post some more about the steps you have been taking.

I admit to more than a little personal curiosity. I too am strugling with a head monster (no where near as brutal as yours). I have recently heard of some surgery that may help me and I am wondering what to do. It is hugely daunting, not only because of my fears about whether or not it will work but also because it involves my face and my vanity knows no bounds I am ashamed to admit. Sometimes I feel so sorry for myself, then I feel angry with myself for my self pity. Three very dear friends of mine no longer have the luxury of self pity, and their pain was far greater than mine.

The trouble with pain is that it eats away at so many different aspects of one''s life.

Long may your dragon stay dead my friend, and may your health and Joie de Vive continue for many, many years.
HiYa Gailey.

I''m sorry to hear you''re battling your own monster. Would love to chat but I don''t generally post all of the gory details...I''ll be online tonight between 6 and 9 - check in - if we can connect, maybe we can do a ''fly by post'' and find an alternative venue?

I''ll keep checking for you.

But about the pain eating away at aspects of ones'' life: no kidding. That''s partly what I''ve been wrestling with: pain pushes out everything else that makes us who we are. When things are really bad (like in Dec/Jan for me) it makes a person a vessel that merely holds pain inisde: nothing is left. So my 7 months have been spent trying to put new things back inside..

Hope you have a good day.

L:S

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Hooray for LS! Glad to hear you''re doing well.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
I am glad you are feeling better. Your puppy is really cute!

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
So nice to hear from you. So glad you are well!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad to hear the news LS!
1.gif

Keep up the positive spirit!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everybody. You are all so warm and supportive!

I had a great day yesterday.

The "absence" of pain is the strangest thing...some days I kind of stop dead in my tracks and realize I don''t have what feels like an axe in my face. WoW what a treat!

Eliza and I are doing our nails tonight: hers are getting clipped, and mine cleaned up. She has a new collar too, with pink puppy paws all over it. She looks adorable.

I think I''ll take her out for a little walk....ta ta!

LS

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
LostSapphire - that is such fantastic news! I''ve thought about you often, and am so happy to see your positive update!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Oh, LS - that is such good news!! I am so happy to hear it.

Life IS totally good, and I am so happy you have such a positive outlook.
1.gif
And that you have such a wonderful place here to hang with so many people to support you. And that your family IRL is so supportive of you.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woo hoo''s right! Congratters!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
yes!!!! great news!! awesome!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results