shape
carat
color
clarity

And so it begins...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock

My week of anxiety and wonderment, that is.

Girls, I think my turn''s coming and I have reason to believe my BF could "put a ring on it" inside of a week. After all that we''ve been through: him almost being laid off, having an emergency surgery, all of which delayed the engagement, it now feels surreal. Later this week he and I both fly back East to visit family for the Easter weekend. He knows how important my family is to me (as his to him) so I could not see him delaying it until we return. I know from my father (who wasn''t supposed to say anything) that when my BF drives to my home state on Sunday for a family get together, from NY that he intends to bring some extended family outside of just his mother. So I have reason to believe it''s really close.

Plus, BF and I recently met this really nice older couple who are both Reverends and we agreed to ask them to mentor us in the form of marriage counseling when the time''s right. Well, last week he had a chat with them and said to me that "after we return from the East Coast we''ll be getting together." A lot of his words nowadays are "after we return...." I know that they could mean nothing, but it just feels like this is the time. He''s already asked my father for his blessing a year ago so that''s also crossed off the list (my dad let that slip too).

My intention is not to jinx it, but what the hell, how about a little dust?

miss_flo

Shiny_Rock
Lots and LOTS of dust headed your way CQ. It sounds like all the time and planning is finally coming together and I hope the trip is just incredible. Keep us posted and have a great vacation!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
that''s so exciting, sending lots of dust!

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
A little dust certainly can''t hurt. A lot of dust is even better. Much dust to you!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
So exciting! Lots of *dust* and have a wonderful trip :)

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
A plethora of dust, just for you!!!

(They need a *fingers crossed* emoticon)

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
*********DUSTING***************DUSTING**************DUSTING******

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Lots of dust for you, CQ. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you this next week.

somegirl932

Shiny_Rock
*dust* of course, but I also wanted to say that I think it''s really cool that you''ve found an older couple to sort of mentor you. I don''t know if my SO and I will able to find that, but I really think having an example and people who have gone through it all before is a great guide and resource.

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much ladies.

Somegirl, the couple has been married for like 40+ years and they have an interesting back story also, because they got married after knowing each other just 38 days! We''ll be getting married back East but both SO and I think pre-marriage counseling is important (even if it''s common sense), so we''re happy we met them when we did. It''ll be his 2nd marriage, my first and we don''t plan on having any others. :)

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
********************......................*********************...........................*******************......................dust!!!!!!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
***dust***

ringless

Shiny_Rock
Sending loads of dust!!

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Just wanted to stop by and send some ***dust*** for this weekend!

I expect to see some pictures on Monday! lol

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results