shape
carat
color
clarity

And now, the setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DiamondSeeker10

Rough_Rock
I think i got the stone figured out. I contacted a local jeweler and told him i want to replicate a tiffany setting and band, he said no problem, would be around $800, is this a high price?
i see it on line for $300 or so, is there going to be a quality difference

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
Someone else is posting about setting estimates, you should ask this question on his post too, maybe you could help each other. You get an estimate for ther setting he likes, he gets on for the setting you like and you'll both have a comparison.

Talonnav

Shiny_Rock
Well, are you looking for a platinum or gold setting?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
WhiteFlash and other sites have replicas for around $300 but if you are having yours made from scratch maybe that is the price difference. Are you getting both e-ring and wedding band for $800? If so that is pretty good. Is it in plat?

DiamondSeeker10

Rough_Rock
no, just the ring and setting is 800, stone is not included in that price

The Grudge

Rough_Rock
The price is not extremely high considering he will make it custom for you. Platinum is very expensive now (~650 per once). If the price of platinum does not come down, I think you will see websites raise their prices as they re-stock inventory.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I understand that the stone is not included (for $800? HAH in my dreams!) but what I meant is....is the $800 for the e-ring setting AND the wedding band setting? You said you wanted a replica band and setting. I assumed you meant the regular 6 prong solitaire and the matching plain plat band? For $800 that could be good.

Talonnav

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 4/1/2003 12:57
6.gif
2 PM Mara wrote:

I understand that the stone is not included (for $800? HAH in my dreams!)
----------------

LOL Yeah really! Where can I get one of those?
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
That looks somewhat like the diamonds at the maul?
2.gif
2.38c for $600! Now that is what I'm talking about. Think I can have it bleached?

Talonnav

Shiny_Rock
Well, I guess if I had no standards, I could have gone that route. Just think of all the money I would have saved! I'm still trying to figure out who would buy those diamonds. I'd be too embarrassed to show any one!

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
If you want someone to leave you, then this is the perfect gift!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results