shape
carat
color
clarity

...and now *the* setting!

RoyalWe

Rough_Rock
:wavey:

So after much deliberation and waffling, I decided to keep the pinkish-peach cushion garnet from my previous post! Now that the decision is made, I am more than thrilled with my stone. I love it, it truly is the one. :)

Now... It's onto setting it! I have always envisioned a halo setting, but now I find myself really liking settings with a bit more going on, like a three stone halo design or something similar. In poking through threads around here, I found, loved (and promptly stole the idea of) these inspiration pieces. :love:

I have been talking with a jeweler and was provided a sketch yesterday that I am thinking about, but details of the design have me going back and forth. I'm not sure about proper etiquette, but feel weird posting the sketch I've received from the jeweler, but suffice to say it is a three stone halo setting with obvs a cushion center stone and round side stones, with melee continuing down the shank. But even the first and most basic question about the setting has me stumped. Rose gold vs. white gold. I've traditionally always preferred white gold over any other type of metal, but lately have loved rose gold especially with peachy/pink stones... They both create very different looks, but both ones that I enjoy, in different ways. I've been looking at settings and stones and colors of gold, and just about the only thing I am sure of is that I like a whole lot of different things. ACK! I think I have analysis paralysis. :confused:

Any thoughts or ideas would be extremely helpful and appreciated.

First I will attach photos of the stone as a reminder, and then the aforementioned inspiration pieces. (While I love these settings, what was most important to me about them, I believe, is that it opened up my eyes to the fact that I actually like a ring with a little more going on than just a straightforward and simple thin pave halo that I originally planned).

ETA: just fixed some typos

malaia_221__1_.jpg

malaia_221_a.jpg

inspy2.jpeg

_37324.jpg

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yay! Congratulations on finding a stone!

Do you have other RG pieces? Something you could put next to the stone to get a feel for the color combo?

This may not help your decision, but here's some other mahenge garnets in RG that Gene tweeted:
https://www.twitter.com/PrecisionGem/status/735838608607850497

hay joe

Shiny_Rock
This may be nice for ideas and it has a little rose gold.

_37325.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you placed the stone in rose gold to see the effect and whether you like it or not?
It isn't uncommon to have the stone set in rose gold, but the rest of the ring is in a white metal.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results