color
clarity

And another one!

sst

Rough_Rock

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
lots of green and white under the crown facets, dark in the same area in the video.

sst

Rough_Rock
lots of green and white under the crown facets, dark in the same area in the video.
Thanks Karl, So the Blue is the dark, or what some people refer to as "contrast"?
I haven't seen any ASET images of Asschers that are all red. Is red only what I should be looking for I should be looking for?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Your looking for balance and paterns
red under the table forming patterns, the more complete the better.
between the red can be blue or light green or some white.
Outside the table a mix of reds, blues and greens with some white being ok.
Then you look at the diamond in motion in a video to see how those patterns look under motion and overall balance of brightness across the stone.
Then in the video look at how the light plays across the stone as it is moved.
This is easier to see in person and some videos more than others.
It all depends on the lighting used.
Overall brightness had to be accessed in person but if it meets those there is a good chance it will be bright.

If under the table is one red blob in ASET there is a good chance the p2 angle is at or close to 41 degrees which results in it being bright face up but dead looking as its moved. They will go dark and stay dark over a wide range of movement before flashing back again.

sst

Rough_Rock
Then you look at the diamond in motion in a video to see how those patterns look under motion and overall balance of brightness across the stone.
Overall brightness had to be accessed in person but if it meets those there is a good chance it will be bright.

If under the table is one red blob in ASET there is a good chance the p2 angle is at or close to 41 degrees which results in it being bright face up but dead looking as its moved. They will go dark and stay dark over a wide range of movement before flashing back again.

Thank you Karl, Thats very helpful. What do you think of this: 1913592ASET.jpg
Waaay too dark right?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Waaay too dark right?
Not enough red and the center is a bit goofy.
The large black zones means those virtual facets are pointed right at the camera in the center of the ASET. Leakage would be white with the white background.
That could but not always indicate an issue with flashing very slow under movement.
In an otherwise good looking ASET its worth checking video to see how much of an issue it is if at all.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
keep in mind that ASET is not that great a tool with step cuts with false positives and false negatives also possible.
I use it as an indicator rather than a precise tool to draw solid conclusions from.
They are very sensitive to placement in the scope.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Great post Karl, thanks!

Perhaps you could share what you would consider good or great ASETs? And how difficult would you say it is to find asschers that meet the specs above? And any tips for doing so? Finding great asschers is a common question around here (as you know!).

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Great post Karl, thanks!

Perhaps you could share what you would consider good or great ASETs? And how difficult would you say it is to find asschers that meet the specs above? And any tips for doing so? Finding great asschers is a common question around here (as you know!).
I tried and there are so many different variations in patterns that could be awesome to the right person that I gave up.
There was just to many possible patterns.
Add in that I consider ASET just an indication tool and it quickly got to huge to do with little gain.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried and there are so many different variations in patterns that could be awesome to the right person that I gave up.
Add in that I consider ASET just an indication tool and it quickly got to huge to do with little gain.
And therein lies the problem :lol:

To different people, the same asscher could me "meh" and "WOW"...

sst

Rough_Rock

I find this completely fascinating. Maybe that's exactly why Asschers are so intriguing. Thank you so much for your input and expertise :). Good Old gold sent me this video today. Can you tell me your thoughts on the stone on the left. I think it is very pretty....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results