shape
carat
color
clarity

Anchor jewelry meaning

cvalier26

Shiny_Rock
I’m curious to know what it represents for you :) . Religious opinions also welcome :)
I’m hesitating on a rose gold pendant to layer with a small diamond

Attachments

• E2332C3E-A399-4E60-8B06-D528BB64AE9E.jpeg
    E2332C3E-A399-4E60-8B06-D528BB64AE9E.jpeg
    108.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 70BA7738-A7B6-42F2-8AF8-739AF6BBAE52.jpeg
    70BA7738-A7B6-42F2-8AF8-739AF6BBAE52.jpeg
    349.8 KB · Views: 25

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
To me an anchor signifies someone or something that holds fast to me or that I can depend on through any of life’s storms.

My anchors would be my grandma, husband, and children. The people that anchor me to safety, reality, and love.

I have a rose gold lotus pendant I wear layered with a little diamond.
I gave my mom a lotus card and necklace for her birthday this year. She’s going through a few really hard transitions concurrently and the lotus represents (simplified) beauty growing from mud. She loved it so much she sent the same card back to me for my birthday a week later. Then I bought the same necklace in rose. Wearing it always puts me in a better frame of mind and feelings of connection with my mom.

(This may have been way more than what you were originally asking, sorry!)

FB57FE7C-4487-4CEA-AF50-CDB1EE43905A.jpeg

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
I love jewelry with anchors. I see anchors as nautical emblems. I grew up near the sea, and we spent a lot of time on the water. Now, my husband and I own a trimaran sailboat, and he's teaching me how to sail. We plan to sail up and down the east coast when we retire. To me, the ocean is the last frontier, almost like heading out into space with only your wits to guide you. :) For me, anchors represent freedom and adventure.

My anchor earrings:

Attachments

• Vintage earrings with anchor.JPG
    Vintage earrings with anchor.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 21

cvalier26

Shiny_Rock
To me an anchor signifies someone or something that holds fast to me or that I can depend on through any of life’s storms.

My anchors would be my grandma, husband, and children. The people that anchor me to safety, reality, and love.

I have a rose gold lotus pendant I wear layered with a little diamond.
I gave my mom a lotus card and necklace for her birthday this year. She’s going through a few really hard transitions concurrently and the lotus represents (simplified) beauty growing from mud. She loved it so much she sent the same card back to me for my birthday a week later. Then I bought the same necklace in rose. Wearing it always puts me in a better frame of mind and feelings of connection with my mom.

(This may have been way more than what you were originally asking, sorry!)

FB57FE7C-4487-4CEA-AF50-CDB1EE43905A.jpeg

Beautiful pendant and story :)

cvalier26

Shiny_Rock
I love jewelry with anchors. I see anchors as nautical emblems. I grew up near the sea, and we spent a lot of time on the water. Now, my husband and I own a trimaran sailboat, and he's teaching me how to sail. We plan to sail up and down the east coast when we retire. To me, the ocean is the last frontier, almost like heading out into space with only your wits to guide you. :) For me, anchors represent freedom and adventure.

My anchor earrings:

I love everything nautical too :)

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My children went to Hope college in Michigan. The Anchor is the symbol meaning Hope. Religious Faith, Hope and Love. We are anchored in Hope. DA91699B-BFD8-4EBE-A3AF-43903A1A2DBD.jpeg

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To my recollection, the anchor is a symbol of safety and also a symbol of hope.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I never knew the anchor had religious meaning
to me its very nautical and i like nautical things

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
To me, an anchor pendant is a fun summer piece but I don't attach meaning to it other than that, myself.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty, enJoy it!

MelMc

Rough_Rock
I live near the coast so to me it has always just been a symbol of the sea. I did read somewhere that in places unfriendly to christians they would sometimes wear an anchor because if you cover up the bottom curved part the top forms a cross.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never knew the anchor had any meaning other than the nautical and am glad to have learned something.

I am now wondering how I can find the catalogue with all the anchors and other nautical symbols in it to which I once posted a link. I will see what I can do because that catalogue might be fun for anyone reading this thread who likes anchor jewelry.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never knew the anchor had any meaning other than the nautical and am glad to have learned something.

I am now wondering how I can find the catalogue with all the anchors and other nautical symbols in it to which I once posted a link. I will see what I can do because that catalogue might be fun for anyone reading this thread who likes anchor jewelry.

The store is A.G.A.Correa and Son in Edgecomb, Maine and they have a catalogue. Here is a link to their website:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results