shape
carat
color
clarity

Analysis Paralysis! Please advise on specs!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Pecos1

Rough_Rock
After much helpful research on this forum, I think I have identified a diamond to purchase. The only spec I'm worried about is the girdle. Please let me know your opinion on the specs and price!

Shape: Princess
Color: G
Clarity: VVS2
Carat: 1.24
Dimensions: 6.14 X 6.04 X 4.22
Depth%: 69.9
Table%: 71
Cert: GIA
Fluor: None
Cutlet: None
Polish: Good
Girdle: Extra Thin to Medium
Price: $5,975

I really appreciate your advice!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
seems nice "on paper". x-thin girdle can be risky though

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
get the vendor to tell you where it is especially thin. Thin corner points break much more easily than thicker ones. A thin girdle betewwen the points is less of an issue. It may have only one this place on the entire stone, too.

Pecos1

Rough_Rock
Thanks very much for your advice! I asked the vendor for more details on the girdle and haven't been able to get any information. So, I've starting looking again on Pricescope.

I've been using your AGA chart as a standard by which to judge stones. It seems that for Princess cuts, there are very few out there that would fall in the 2A category. Are any of the Cut Classes more important than others?

My objective is to identify two stones from GIA reports that would most likely be the best cut and have them shipped to a wholesaler for me to look at. Because of shipping charges etc., I'm trying to hedge the odds that I will really love one of them. I will then have an appraiser get the Crown Height% and Crown Angle which are the two classes not available on the GIA report.

I really appreciate any advice you have! I think I'm over analyzing this but it is fascinating!

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
I think another way to go is to find a vendor you trust to find stones that meet your criteria.

Good luck :)

Michele

Rough_Rock
Hello: We used Tony at USA Certed to find a princess cut diamond, and he was able to get us crown height before we had stones shipped. We also wanted a Class 2A perfectly square stone. We had a stonepicked out that we liked based on numbers, but it came back with a crown height we didn't like, so we told him our budget and what exactly we were looking for and he called a few days later saying he'd found one. We had it sent to Bill Lieberum and we went checked it out, and I fell in love with it. The appraisal came back good. And we're happy.:appl: Good Luck.

Michele

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results