shape
carat
color
clarity

An Rose Gold Ebay Steal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

*Danielle*

Shiny_Rock
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-14K-SOLID-ROSE-GOLD-WEDDING-BAND-RING-2MM-Size-7_W0QQitemZ390001723033QQihZ026QQcategoryZ92852QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Only $28! I could be crazy but that seems like an awesome deal for anyone interested!

ETA (sorry for the grammar in the title!)

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Wow that does look like a pretty good deal unless I''m missing something as well!

flowerladytoo

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for sharing this! I found one in the correct size and ordered it. Figure I''m not out a lot if it''s garbage. And it''s an inexpensive way to find out if I can wear rose gold (I''ve developed an allergy to something in my yellow gold and had to quit wearing it this year...sigh). I will report back after it arrives and let you know how it works out
9.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Nice! Thanks for the heads up!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
What a great find!

*Danielle*

Shiny_Rock
Flowerlady, have you received the ring yet?

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That does look like quite a good deal!
I am interested in hearing how happy Flowerladytoo is with hers.

flowerladytoo

Shiny_Rock
I will report as soon as it arrives. Says it was mailed out on Oct 29 on the delivery confirmation, but not here yet. Maybe tomorrow
5.gif

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
It looks sort of excessively thin in the pic. Please let us know what you think when it arrives.

ladymentha

Shiny_Rock
I am not into rose gold but the ring looks like pretty good deal :)

flowerladytoo

Shiny_Rock
It does look pretty thin, but I thought for the price I would take a chance. I am really hoping I can wear rose gold and figured this was a good way to find out. I wish it would hurry up and get here! Eight days from CA to MN seems a bit too long
29.gif
Oh well, maybe tomorrow! (she says, ever hopefully)

*Danielle*

Shiny_Rock
It says in the ad that she is away until the 6th.

I noticed the thinness too but it is such a low price I figured it could not hurt.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
What a fun thread Danielle!

I am delighted Flowerladytoo bought a bargain. I hope it arrives safely today and am awaiting pics!

It is such fun that we look at the same stock, I hate when something I am oogling is sold then am happy again if I see it in the show me thread.

Jewellery buying by proxy!

flowerladytoo

Shiny_Rock
What a fun thread Danielle!
I am delighted Flowerladytoo bought a bargain. I hope it arrives safely today and am awaiting pics!
It is such fun that we look at the same stock, I hate when something I am oogling is sold then am happy again if I see it in the show me thread.
Jewellery buying by proxy!

I love to see when others get things I have looked at (and sometimes wished for)too. I have enjoyed the threads about those cheap LOGR settings too. Drooled over them for months, before I found pricescope, but was afraid to take the plunge. Watching others getting such nice settings is so much fun, and now I''ve ordered a setting from another seller that is comparable to LOGR. Can''t wait for it to arrive. Hubby is already bemoaning my finding pricescope LOL. It''s brought my buried, diamond loving tendencies to the forefront, and he''s just not used to it yet...poor dear.

I see too, where this seller of the rose gold band is out of town now, but I don''t think that affected my purchase. My ring was mailed the day after I paid for it. It''s just going true snail mail, I guess, on a very slow snail
31.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have to post pictures of the LOGR comparable setting when you get it!! What vendor did you get it from (or are you afraid to say). I think it's healthy to introduce competition between these vendors so that the prices stay low.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Can''t wait to see your new ring, please post pictures.
35.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
sweet find.... can''t wait to see pics!

sukiisukii

Shiny_Rock
thats great i can''t wait to see pictures too! i think i may pick up a couple to stack
9.gif

flowerladytoo

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/5/2008 8:38:29 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
You have to post pictures of the LOGR comparable setting when you get it!! What vendor did you get it from (or are you afraid to say). I think it''s healthy to introduce competition between these vendors so that the prices stay low.

No ring today
38.gif
Hopefully it''s not lost in the mail. It''s insured, the seller requires that. If it''s not here by the end of the week, I guess I will have to contact the seller and file a claim.

The LOGR comparable seller is lan.bo4. He''s been easy to work with. Hopefully the ring is nice too. I won an auction, not a buy it now, so it was very reasonably priced. He charged $50 more for the customizations. I changed it to two tone rose/white gold and to accommodate a smaller stone, upgraded the diamonds to VVS, and to make it my size. He doesn''t list rose gold in his listings, but he will use it on request. As soon as it arrives I will post pictures. Three possible stones to put in it, decisions decisions LOL.
9.gif

*Danielle*

Shiny_Rock
I can''t wait to see the setting. I also recall hearing about a price increase for LOGR.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/5/2008 3:12:58 PM
Author: flowerladytoo

Date: 11/5/2008 8:38:29 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
You have to post pictures of the LOGR comparable setting when you get it!! What vendor did you get it from (or are you afraid to say). I think it''s healthy to introduce competition between these vendors so that the prices stay low.

No ring today
38.gif
Hopefully it''s not lost in the mail. It''s insured, the seller requires that. If it''s not here by the end of the week, I guess I will have to contact the seller and file a claim.

The LOGR comparable seller is lan.bo4. He''s been easy to work with. Hopefully the ring is nice too. I won an auction, not a buy it now, so it was very reasonably priced. He charged $50 more for the customizations. I changed it to two tone rose/white gold and to accommodate a smaller stone, upgraded the diamonds to VVS, and to make it my size. He doesn''t list rose gold in his listings, but he will use it on request. As soon as it arrives I will post pictures. Three possible stones to put in it, decisions decisions LOL.
9.gif
Ooooh, can''t wait to see it.

flowerladytoo

Shiny_Rock
Well it''s been over two weeks and still no ring and the seller will not answer my emails.
29.gif
If I don''t have a response by the end of the week, or the ring, I am going to file a claim with paypal. I know it''s not a lot of money, but it''s more the principle of the thing. And considering what she is charging for shipping that light little ring, I think I deserve at least the courtesy of a reply..grrrrr. Oh well, had to vent.

On the bright side, I did get my ebay .46 OEC in the mail today.
9.gif
Now if I could just figure out how to take decent pictures of it, I would post them. The stone is gorgeous and sparkles like mad, and is totally eye clean. The setting.....meh, but I bought it for the stone, not the setting.

The setting is very tiny, seller said it was a 6, but I would bet it''s even smaller and will not even start to go over my size 7 knuckle. The shank is worn very thin too, and I am not in love with the setting enough to have it reshanked. Now I just need to find a pretty antique style setting for it. I''m taking it to our jeweler tomorrow to have him check and make sure there are no nasty surprises we can''t see, and once we get the ok, have the stone removed from the setting. It looks perfect to my eye under 10x, and to hubby too, but we are far from experts so I want to do that before the return period is up. This is my first OEC and I am sooo in love with it. The chunky facets flash fire all over the place. I am now officially hooked on these older stones
31.gif

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Sorry your band didn''t arrive but I would love to see your new OEC
36.gif

*Danielle*

Shiny_Rock
I feel bad that I posted this now. I really hope it is resolved! Sorry!

flowerladytoo

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/12/2008 1:18:12 AM
Author: *Danielle*
I feel bad that I posted this now. I really hope it is resolved! Sorry!

Please don''t feel bad! I did hear from the seller (finally) and she is going to check with the post office today. Her feedback is really good and I hope we can get it resolved and that I eventually get the ring.

Still working on taking a decent picture of the OEC. They all turn out so blurry.
38.gif
Had my jeweler look at it yesterday and he said it''s a beautiful stone. Very very white, estimates F-G color and said it''s about .54ct, so a little bigger than I was told. Left it in the setting for now, until I find just the setting for it. Thank goodness for digital photography LOL! I can just empty the card and start over. Eventually, I will get a good picture and post it
2.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
It really does not look like 2mm... morelike 3 or even 3.5...

A steal nonetheless!

flowerladytoo

Shiny_Rock
Well...no ring and the seller is not responding very fast to inquiries. She told me days ago that she was contacting the post office, but never got back to me and I had to email her two more times to get an update. Says she never heard from the post office and she will need to contact them again. This is getting to be a royal pain
29.gif
and I feel the seller is really dragging her feet, possibly hoping I will let it go????

She says they have to file a claim and I have to fill out a form and send it back, once it''s established that it''s lost...but she hasn''t mailed the form yet. And meantime I am supposed to tell her if the ring arrives
14.gif

Overall, I am not impressed with this sellers cavalier attitude toward her customers. She really doesn''t want to be bothered once she has her $$$ I guess.

I hope anyone else who has ordered this has good luck (and no lost package). Would love to hear how you like your ring, since I am probably never going to get mine...she doesn''t even have my size listed in her store anymore
38.gif

MMT

Ideal_Rock
So sorry. She would be better off just refunding your money than dragging her feet on $29. What horrible customer service. Did you get your new OEC?

Shiny42805

Shiny_Rock
I purchased two 3mm 14k comfort fit bands from ebay seller BESTGOLDSHOP - one yellow, and one rose. Total cost was $79 including shipping. They''re lightweight, but they make great stackers! They look great with a white gold/diamond band that I already had.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results