shape
carat
color
clarity

An injection of colour

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Hello Coloured Gems''s experts :D

I am relatively new to this forum and certainly new to coloured stones! I am just wondering what gemstone site has the best selection of good quality stones?

I have been poring this forum and there are SO many yummy stones in here that I have never seen before!!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
budget, size, shape, color, cut? can we help you find any
31.gif

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/31/2009 9:13:07 AM
Author: D&T
budget, size, shape, color, cut? can we help you find any
31.gif
9.gif

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Ha Ha just give a few criteria to the ladies on here and BAM you will have some great selections laid in front of you..helping pick or find gems for someone is almost as fun as getting them for yourself
2.gif

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm can't I just have every colour of gem in every shape??

LOL kidding (i swear!)

I would like a nice peridot (my birthstone) and maybe a vivid blue gemstone (because they are SO gorgeous!).

One question, do people here mostly set their gemstones into rings? I think it would depend on the stone though right?

Budget: Flexible but I prefer cheaper smaller stones. Let's leave the big ticket stuff to future hubby!
3.gif

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
That spinel is pretty, but I don't know that it'll really be vivid in person, I'd email and ask about a grey tone. It's also described as being pretty dark. Worth an email to find out!

For vivid and cheap, I'd think about garnet or tourmaline. baguette tourm, 5x8

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the tip! :)

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Hey D&T that pink is awesome..there is something about that color..looks to be a true pink!..good find

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/1/2009 4:13:35 PM
Author: amethystguy
Hey D&T that pink is awesome..there is something about that color..looks to be a true pink!..good find
hey AM GUY- is that another amethyst in your avatar? portuguese cut or something else? do you have more pictures of it?

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
well since you asked...sorry about beating it into the ground but this stone has been 15 miles away from me for the last 2 months but i never got around to getting it and now that it is here..

mi1.jpg

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t mind taking pics with extinction showing becasue I wanted to show the color from diffrent angles..lots of blue

mi2.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/1/2009 11:40:10 PM
well since you asked...sorry about beating it into the ground but this stone has been 15 miles away from me for the last 2 months but i never got around to getting it and now that it is here..
very pretty! Thanks for sharing it
36.gif

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
more extinction but angled to show the blue around the perpherary

mi3.jpg

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
sorry DT it is a portaguese cut

mi4.jpg

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
last one in my grubby little fingers..
9.gif
now that I got a faceting machine i will be cutting my own stones ..once I take clases of course

mi5.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/1/2009 11:44:16 PM
last one in my grubby little fingers..
9.gif
now that I got a faceting machine i will be cutting my own stones ..once I take clases of course
How exciting!

Sorry Cindy- threadjack over

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
D&T and amguy, no worries! I''m pretty sure you showing pics is the good kind of threadjack.
9.gif

Btw, very pretty stone, amguy, the faceting is wonderful!!! Its like a flower :)

I like the pink stone very much D&T!!!

The blues you posted are just not speaking to me... i think i like sapphires but they are expensive right?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results