shape
carat
color
clarity

An Emerald Pendant...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
My dad used to have a green stone ring, when my maternal grandfather lost his ring, papa gave his to grandpa. When my grandfather died 10 years ago, the ring was returned to my father. By then, papa was so used to not wearing rings that he never wore this ring again and it was kept away and forgotten. Papa died 2 over months ago and we found this among his belongings. He was told it was a "jamrok" (sic) - it was given to him by an Indonesian friend.

When I showed the ring to my jeweller, he told me that he believed it was an emerald - doesn''t matter to me and I didn''t have it sent for any testing. The ring has now been set into a pendant with a diamond bail comprising of tiny yellow and white diamonds. Excuse the bad lighting, I just got the pendant and took some quick shots tonight.

Here is the first neck shot...

EmeraldNeck1.JPG

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a closer shot of the pendant....

EmeraldNeck2.JPG

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous stone that is, whether it is an emerald or not. LOVE the striations in color. Just beautiful!!

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
The stone looks great in that setting and the striations really set it off.

If it is beryl, it would be called green beryl, rather than emerald, due to the lighter saturation.

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
Who cares what the stone is!! It''s gorgeous!! I just love the way you had it set and I think the necklace is just stunning!!! Beautiful!!! I love green stones.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, everyone
1.gif
1.gif
...I like this pendant a lot too.

The is stone is fairly large and quite heavy to wear. It''s heavy enough that when you swing it, it lands with a thud...haha...

portoar, here are more green pendants for you...this one is a green tourmaline...around 8 or 9 carats....

GreenTPen.JPG

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a jade pendant...the jade is carved in the shape of a flower...

FlowerJade1.JPG

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
And here is another jade pendant that used to belong to my mum...it''s now mine...

MumJadePend1.JPG

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOVE that flower jade pendant!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, they are all lovely!!!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
another very cool pendant!!

Man, your family seems to have a bottomless collection, lucky you!!!

Wear these precious family pieces in good health and rememberance of those who were close to you.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is there some significance to the abundance of green pendants, or is it a coincidence?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Gorgeous green!!!!! I recently saw a very large pear shaped green beryl (pendant) in an Estate collection and was mesmerized since i had never seen one before. But the color of your stone is much more intense and therefore more beautiful. Wear them in health.

cheeers--Sharon

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
oooh I love the flower bail. and I LOVE LOVE the color on that last jade pendant you posted. yum.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Lisa, Sophie, Flopkins, Sharon, FG!

Green is actually one of my least favourite colours so the fact that I have more than 3 green pendants is pure coincidence, I actually have at least another 3 more green jade pendants....Will take some shots and share them.

My favourites are actually cross pendants - diamond or pearl or colour stones, it doesn''t matter. My latest favourites are Jerusalem crosses. But they usually come in YG so I have 2 silver ones now.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooo, I love all your green pendants!! You have such a beautiful collection and I love that they have been passed down in your family. You are so lucky!

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
I love the flower pendant, and the color of the jade penant! I love green and I don''t have a single green pendant . . . well I have an ammolite pendant that has lots of green in it. Thanks for sharing and please do post more pics!

Cheekyprincess

Shiny_Rock
Wow!!! That is stunning, greens are among my favourite colour choices for stones. It must have been a HUGE ring.

AmandaFace

Rough_Rock
pretty! its neat to have beautiful pieces that have lots of meaning behind them.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results