color
clarity

Amythist

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL|1463371687|4032171 said:
LisaRN|1463277987|4031816 said:
TL- What are your thoughts on the Jackson Crossroad Amethysts that can be intense but have flashes of purple and blue?

It's important to note that in recent times, there is a lot of synthetic amethyst on the market that has the look of fine material with flashes of blue and red. Be very careful and only buy from reputable sources who know their own sources very well. Synthetic material is almost impossible to determine from natural.

Thank you for throwing this in there. Just today, I was at a local one man rodeo bare bones jewelry/bench shop and saw an amethyst with the famed red and purple flash. Elongated scissor cut type thing. I've never seen anything like the color flash it in real life, only PS posts... I was wondering....
Notwithstanding, I live in Podunk Armpit 'Merica, don't see too much around here.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rfisher|1463511864|4032843 said:
TL|1463371687|4032171 said:
LisaRN|1463277987|4031816 said:
TL- What are your thoughts on the Jackson Crossroad Amethysts that can be intense but have flashes of purple and blue?

It's important to note that in recent times, there is a lot of synthetic amethyst on the market that has the look of fine material with flashes of blue and red. Be very careful and only buy from reputable sources who know their own sources very well. Synthetic material is almost impossible to determine from natural.

Thank you for throwing this in there. Just today, I was at a local one man rodeo bare bones jewelry/bench shop and saw an amethyst with the famed red and purple flash. Elongated scissor cut type thing. I've never seen anything like the color flash it in real life, only PS posts... I was wondering....
Notwithstanding, I live in Podunk Armpit 'Merica, don't see too much around here.

Did I say "red and purple" flash above? I meant to say "red and blue" flash. All amethysts are purple, so purple flash is kind of without saying, LOL!

The Zambian material I showed above, shows a great deal of blue, almost looks like a tanzanite depending on how you turn it and the lighting.

Here's a good video of a fine Uruguayan piece, and you can see the blue and red flashes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpxlaUHIRDU

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My ring arrived, it is beautiful, however, it does not fit! :rolleyes:

I do not wear a ring on my big fat chubby left hand middle finger much, and this style of ring needs to be made much bigger than one with a much narrower band.

I nearly could not take it off, good job soap and water worked, however, my finger is now swollen.

Therefore, it will go back to the jeweller for enlargement after I have shown it to my nearests and dearests who contributed towards the RH Amethyst this weekend.

Pic of ring half way down a now-swollen finger!

rhamethyetring_04.jpg

DK :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results