shape
carat
color
clarity

Amethyst ring- need to recycle, ideas please....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My mother has given me this amethyst ring which I''d like to turn into something more my style. I like sleek and moderm, nothing antique or fussy. Any ideas? I was thinking a pendant. Its roughly 12mm by 10mm and a very pale watery lilac colour. The facets are very chunky and it probably needs repolishing first.

DSC03322ed.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually like it in it''s original setting. Keeping it in the original setting will only add to the sentiment. Maybe you can take it to a jeweler and have them clean, polish it and make it like new. (CPMLN!)
3.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I love the setting, it''s very unusual and pretty. So sorry, I''m not much help.....
face11.gif

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I''m glad you like it but unfortunetely I really don''t, its just not my style nor do I wear anything but white gold. I really want to do something new with and make it ''mine'' rather than one of my mums cast offs. It holds no sentimental value.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
5.gif
I think a pendant would be lovely! You really don''t need much more that a simple prong setting, with such a large stone, IMO.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
It would look really pretty in a simple white gold setting.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I love stuff like that! I''d keep it as is, but if it really doesn''t hold any sentimental value, I think a pendant would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results