shape
carat
color
clarity

Amethyst hunt

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
My baby is due any day now, so his birthstone is going to be amethyst. I would like to make a ring to signify his birth, but I''m having a hard time finding an amethyst I like. Since I live in Phoenix, I thought it would be nice to have a Four Peaks amethyst (and I love the color!). I''ve searched most of the sites in the vendor list, and I''m not coming up with anything. All I can find are huge stones, or badly cut ones, and most sites don''t say the origin. Anyone seen an amethyst under 3cts from Four Peaks? I''ll take any shape at this point!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you tried Gary at www.diamondexpert.com ? He also carries many gemstones not listed on his website, so give him a call or email and he''ll find that 4 Peaks amethyst for you in no time.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
http://www.coloradogem.com/ has some Four Peaks, but they are big. I''d call them--they may have more that aren''t shown.

Good Luck! I love Four Peaks color.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the links, I love some of the ones from Gary. I emiled him yesterday to see if he has any not listed, but haven''t heard back yet.

How do you think this pair would look
http://www.diamondexpert.com/diamonds/dbs.cgi?sf=detg.setup.cgi&active=active&stock=AM00081&submit_search=1

In this setting?
http://cgi.ebay.com/10CT-SOLID-14K-W-GOLD-DIAMOND-SETTING-SEMI-MOUNT-RING_W0QQitemZ350161245265QQihZ022QQcategoryZ152869QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

I''m normally not a trillion fan, and they are smaller than I wanted, but the color and cut keep drawing me to them!

I actually have a very similar ring with sapphires that DH gave me on our wedding day, so maybe they''re meant to be
1.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice stuff. I think the checkerboard cutting helps with the zoning common in the 4 Peaks material but are you all right with the checkerboard cut?

Gary is excellent with returns. I've returned 2 stones from him. Both stones were gorgeous but just wasn't quite what I wanted.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Checkerboard doesn''t bother me at all, I think it''s the 3 sided shape of the trillion that I usually don''t like. The small size of these guys might help with zoning and as well.

I also don''t like a lot of the ring styles made for trillions, somehow they all look outdated to me? The bypass wouldn''t be bad though. The sapphire version I have has channel set side stones, which I don''t like. The bead set and millgrain on this setting looks much better!

I''ll have to show DH tonight and see what he thinks, I believe he was going to get something to suprise me. I might just have to hand him the stones and mounting and send him to the jeweler to have it set and suprise me that way instead
2.gif

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Good to know strm, they look so yummy in the pic. I might just have to order them and see for myself!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mustang,
You made me chuckle. I too prepare surprises for hubby to surprise me with otherwise I''ll just end up with some yucky gemstone.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2009 1:14:37 PM
Author:MustangGal
My baby is due any day now, so his birthstone is going to be amethyst. I would like to make a ring to signify his birth, but I''m having a hard time finding an amethyst I like. Since I live in Phoenix, I thought it would be nice to have a Four Peaks amethyst (and I love the color!). I''ve searched most of the sites in the vendor list, and I''m not coming up with anything. All I can find are huge stones, or badly cut ones, and most sites don''t say the origin. Anyone seen an amethyst under 3cts from Four Peaks? I''ll take any shape at this point!

Hi Mustang! You can try e-mailing Barry at www.acstones.com. He has a sale going on all amethysts for this month, and he might have more rough to cut (there are a couple listed but they''re really huge!). Not sure if he''ll have Four Peaks, but it''s worth a try, and his cutting is superb!

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Hmm... I went to show DH the stones and ring I found, and it looks like the ebay seller pulled all the listings. DH did like the trillions, and said I could get them. He also likes the reddish purple stones, so at least we''re on the same page.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results