shape
carat
color
clarity

Amethyst Earring Redesign

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just got my amethyst earring project back today and love how they turned out. I had a pair of oval amethyst studs that I never wore and I also had a pair of small tension set diamond earrings that I never wore. I took them both in to my jeweler and had him bezel set the amethysts and attach them to the diamond earrings. Now I have a great pair of danglies, Yay!
9.gif
I hope you like them too.

Now I have to go back through my jewelry box to see what else I can combine!
31.gif

cmsamremake.jpg

cmsamremake1.jpg

cmsamremake2.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are gorgeous! What a great idea! The amethysts look beautiful dangling from those earrings!

leggs

Shiny_Rock
Love them, love the idea... Looks good on you too!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
They look great! I love dangly earrings!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
What a terrific redesign! They turned out beautifully!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Catmom, they are awesome!!!!! They look terrific on you!!
30.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Just beautiful! Well done!
36.gif

Catmom...you''re a blonde! Who knew?
5.gif

widget

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
They look fantastic!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone!!! I''m really happy with how they turned out. I wear my diamond studs every day and never wore the amethysts so this is going to work out great. I love the way they dangle.

And Widget, only my hairdresser knows for sure!!
31.gif
9.gif

Date: 2/27/2007 11:58:48 PM
Author: widget
Just beautiful! Well done!
36.gif

Catmom...you''re a blonde! Who knew?
5.gif

widget

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Those are lovely earrings. What a wonderful remake. I took the cheap way out when ''remaking'' some colored stone studs. I just had little rings attached to the top to turn them into charms so that I could hang them from my hoops.

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
How pretty. Enjoy them.

4bugzinarug

Shiny_Rock
Those are beautiful, do you know where the stones originated? We are thinking of purchasing some amethyst from Arizona.
26.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Kismet, Oshinbreez and 4bugsinarug!

Kismet, I never thought about making them into charms. That''s another great idea! LOL about being cheap. I was originally going to have the diamonds reset too but then decided I just didn''t want to spend that much on them so i had my jeweler just attach the amethysts to the diamond earrings. All I had to spring for was for the bezel settings and some rings.

4bugsinarug, I don''t know where the stones originated. I know they were purchased in S. Korea but that''s about it. Sorry I couldn''t help more.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful setting, I love it!! The bar-set diamond on the top is stunning.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/28/2007 2:20:52 PM
Author: kcoursolle
Beautiful setting, I love it!! The bar-set diamond on the top is stunning.
Thanks!! I really didn''t love the bar set diamonds so much on their own but do like them in this mix. Kind of traditional [the amethyst setting] with a twist [the bar set diamonds].

Beeweaver

Shiny_Rock
Oh, I really love those earrings! The scroll work on the side of the bezels if great and adds some nice detail. I have an old amethyst pendant that I was thinking of having reset into white gold. It is in a yellow gold setting that opens so you can use it on a string of pearls too. I actually got the stone in Mexico when we went on a cruise about 12 years ago. It was at Van Cleef and Arpel. Loved the stone and just bought it! It is a pear shaped larger amethyst. I think it is aboaut 11-12 ct. After seeing these earrings, I may just leave it in the yellow gold and get some yellow gold dangles/drop earrings to go with the pendant. Thanks so much for enabling me!

Cathy

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Beeweaver! Your pendant sounds lovely very much like mine except mine is oval but it also has a pearl enhancer setting. I think you need some dangle earrings and maybe a bracelet, too!
31.gif
I would love to see your pendant.
Date: 3/10/2007 4:19:10 PM
Author: Beeweaver
Oh, I really love those earrings! The scroll work on the side of the bezels if great and adds some nice detail. I have an old amethyst pendant that I was thinking of having reset into white gold. It is in a yellow gold setting that opens so you can use it on a string of pearls too. I actually got the stone in Mexico when we went on a cruise about 12 years ago. It was at Van Cleef and Arpel. Loved the stone and just bought it! It is a pear shaped larger amethyst. I think it is aboaut 11-12 ct. After seeing these earrings, I may just leave it in the yellow gold and get some yellow gold dangles/drop earrings to go with the pendant. Thanks so much for enabling me!

Cathy

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beeweaver, Too late to edit my other post but i love your new amethyst ring and now your really need those earrings!!

Beeweaver

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/11/2007 7:30:51 AM
Author: Catmom
Thanks, Beeweaver! Your pendant sounds lovely very much like mine except mine is oval but it also has a pearl enhancer setting. I think you need some dangle earrings and maybe a bracelet, too!
31.gif

Cathy
Can you post a picture of your pendant as well? I don''t understand what you mean by the pear enchancer setting. Does the oval pendant fit inside of it?

Cathy

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/11/2007 11:29:32 AM

Date: 3/11/2007 7:30:51 AM
31.gif

Cathy
Can you post a picture of your pendant as well? I don''t understand what you mean by the pear enchancer setting. Does the oval pendant fit inside of it?

Cathy
Hi Cathy,

I''ll post a picture of mine when I get back home next week. The computer I have with me does not have any of my pics on it. I''m sorry to confuse you about the setting. Mine is an oval stone, 10 cts. It is set in yellow gold and it has that clip that opens so that it can be used on pearls. Usually pendants that have that clip are called pearl enhancers. I hope that makes better sense.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cathy,

I had forgotten that I posted a pic a long time ago of the original set. This is really bad from a camera phone but you can see the pendant. I can post better ones when I get back.

catmomsamethysts.jpg

Beeweaver

Shiny_Rock
Oh, I love it! Did you pick all the stones and have them set, or did you find the set like that? I''d love to just be able to get a pre-set pair of earrings and bracelet. It makes it so much easier!

Cathy

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love those Catmom. They look fantastic on you.

Linda

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/11/2007 4:23:03 PM
Oh, I love it! Did you pick all the stones and have them set, or did you find the set like that? I''d love to just be able to get a pre-set pair of earrings and bracelet. It makes it so much easier!

Cathy
Thanks! My husband travels to S. Korea several times a year and he goes to this little jewelry store that is run by a husband and wife. She runs the store and he makes all the jewelry. He bought the set from there.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/11/2007 5:59:15 PM
Author: Linda W
I love those Catmom. They look fantastic on you.

Linda
Thanks, Linda!

Beeweaver

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/11/2007 7:17:43 PM

Date: 3/11/2007 4:23:03 PM

Cathy
Thanks! My husband travels to S. Korea several times a year and he goes to this little jewelry store that is run by a husband and wife. She runs the store and he makes all the jewelry. He bought the set from there.
Wow! What a nice hubby you have! I love it when you can buy sets! Just a beautfiul and classic set!

Cathy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results