shape
carat
color
clarity

Amethyst colors

Vanilla Bling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Has anyone ever seen an Amethyst display color like this ? 9AD1A168-A82F-4CFE-85D6-D9CB5656C02B.png

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some amethyst can have quite a bit of violet in them, or even blue. The photographer might have a problem with the white balance and the stome looks more blue than it really is.

In conclusion, I would onky purchase amethyst from a reputable dealer that knows their source very well for rough. Synthetic amethyst is convincingly natural looking and sme vendors use it to deceive.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Natural Amethyst is purple, pale through to vivid and deep purple but is never blue toned.
You can’t be sure that the photo hasn’t been manipulated (intentionally or by accident) in some way. Alternatively the stone could be lab grown or treated.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are some amethyst that can show flashes and undertones of blue, but the basic body color is always a shade of purple.

Gemperor

Rough_Rock
Trade
Looks like a problem of a high kelvin lighting accentuating the color shift to me. First pictures are in different lighting and you can see some amethysts especially from the congo/rwanda area looking almost like tanzanite in certain lighting.

fredflintstone

Brilliant_Rock
Looks like a problem of a high kelvin lighting accentuating the color shift to me. First pictures are in different lighting and you can see some amethysts especially from the congo/rwanda area looking almost like tanzanite in certain lighting.

This is true. There are certain Amethysts from Africa, as mentioned the Congo, but also some Zambian and Rwanda, that act almost like tanzanite. They have a very bluish violet color shift.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is true. There are certain Amethysts from Africa, as mentioned the Congo, but also some Zambian and Rwanda, that act almost like tanzanite. They have a very bluish violet color shift.

Yes, I have a Zambian that I procured about 27 years ago. It can be tanzanite like in some lighting, especially when the rays of the sun are very red (early morning or sunset). This is as blue as it gets though. Indoors, it’s more of a grape purple with pink and reddish flashes.

57FE7E29-65EF-4796-87EB-2EE41777AB4C.jpeg

voce

Ideal_Rock
My guess is color change lab sapphire.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results