shape
carat
color
clarity

Amethyst and Peridot bezel set eternity ring...?

sparkle-magpie

Rough_Rock
It has been bouncing around in my head for a little while now: a peridot and amethyst bezel set eternity or 95% eternity (with a tiny bit on the bottom for sizing.) White metal (silver or white gold.)

Where would you go? How much would you budget? I'm not into treated or synthetic stones, so natural stones are a must.

The other idea would be a bezel set pink sapphire eternity (..or 95% eternity)

Any vendors you recommend?

Show me your amethyst and peridot rings, please??

I like the look and feel of this ring....have you done business with them?
http://www.gemvara.com/Sterling-Silver-Ring-by-Bijoux-and-Bijoux/jewelry/v/401537/

Thank you!

ETA: What do you think of the price on the linked ring?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I think its overpriced..I'd rather go for the pink sapphire eternity. Any particular reason you'd want an amethyst and peridot eternity? With small colored stones, I'm not sure I'd alternate two colors (I would alternate white and another color though).

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I very much like that Gemvara ring you linked to - it is a sleek design and looks to be nicely crafted -

I do think it is somewhat overpriced for a sterling silver piece but it doesn't list the gram weight of the metal and the width is over 3.5mm, plus I tweaked the ring to select ring size 8.75 and the price didn't change... Then I tweaked it to select 14kt white gold and the price went up apx $150 - at that price differential I'd probably choose white gold.

If you were thinking of Amethyst and Peridot stones on that Gemvara eternity ring, I did like the look of the two stones with the small metal ball in-between each stone... but I'm not enchanted with the yellowy-green color of Gemvara's Peridot (at least on my screen). I am a fan of purple and green, but at the smaller stone size of eternity rings I'd probably include the metal ball detail like in Gemvara's design or else add in a diamond to alternate with the amethysts/peridots.

Many PSers have had good luck with customized eternity rings through ID Jewelry - if you do a search on PS for "ID Jewelry eternity" you'll probably get some results with pics - their rings are gold or platinum with very fair pricing, comparable to Gemvara - and although I haven't used them yet, ID Jewelry is quite reputable with excellent customer service. If you want re-sizing options for the future, maybe go with a 3/4 eternity ring design.

sparkle-magpie

Rough_Rock
The nice people at Gemvara told me I can customize all their jewelry using the "customize" button on their site. I didn't realize that at first. Attached is a customized ring with their design and amethyst and peridot.

The price on this in particular (with sterling silver) is $328. I guess I did not budget this much for this project, it seems high to me. I will get in touch with ID jewelry and see what kinds of prices they can give me for this project and for the Pink Sapphire eternity bezel.

IndyLady- Amethyst is my birthstone and Peridot is my boyfriend's birthstone, so it seemed sort of a sweet reflection of us. That and I just like the colors together a lot. However, I would agree with MaryMM that these peridot in particular don't seem to have the color that I would attribute to a pretty peridot. The pink sapphire ring would just be something pretty in pink for me, I really like pink sapphire, no particular meaning to the color or the stone.

Anyone have a pretty pink sapphire eternity ring they would like to post for me to drool over? Or maybe a peridot/amethyst eternity ring? (Do I really have that strange taste? It took forever to find Gemvara's options, must not be that popular!)

peri.am.ring.jpg

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
If I were you, I'd go for a bypass or three stone ring to best show off those two gemstones. There are actually some neat antique suffragette pieces that feature those two stones, amethyst and peridot, with either a pearl or diamond as the third stone.

With small colored stones, such as the type you'd have in an eternity, its difficult to really show off color unless the stones are super saturated. I'm especially hesitant on a ready-made piece with many colored stones that have to be matched; I have no idea what the piece would be like in person, but oftentimes preset amethyst and peridot can be washed out.

If you really are set on an eternity style ring with smaller stones, I'd generally recommend stones with a higher RI (meaning they're more sparkly)--so stones like diamonds, sapphires, spinel, etc.

There are a lot of neat things you can do with this project idea:
a) custom piece--I'm thinking bypass--with Daniel M with a peridot and an amethyst--I think you could may be able to swing gold--if you do cheaper gems from Gemselect or Ebay.
b) a precision cut gem in sterling silver, though I don't think you could get two precision cut gems and have them set for under $300, but if you look for a while or do one precision cut gem you might be able to
c) a pave semi mount from Ebay and a single gem http://cgi.ebay.com/6mm-ROUND-SOLID-14k-WHITE-GOLD-DIAMOND-SEMI-MOUNT-RING-/270739554633?pt=Diamond_Solitaire_with_Accents&hash=item3f0955c149 (there are bypass styles available, I just couldn't find them off hand)
d) two stacking rings, one with each of your gems
e) standard three stone, maybe with engraving on the inside

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
$328 for a semi-custom piece isn't that bad, not the deal of the century either,but... All of those stones won't bezel themselves!

sparkle-magpie

Rough_Rock
Brandy_z28- You're right, when I think about a custom piece I do anticipate a higher price. At the time, I wasn't thinking about this one as custom. I guess another thing that threw me is that this is the price for the piece in sterling silver, which I assumed would be less expensive.

I'm starting to think I might have to go custom and save up more for the total budget, especially if I want the color that I'm looking for in the stones.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's pretty, but the problem is that the stones have enclosed baskets, and there's no way to clean the pavilions. Dirt and moisture will get trapped in those baskets, and it will look dull after some time.

sparkle-magpie

Rough_Rock
TL- That's a good point, when I started looking, I was only looking for open basket bezel settings. Well, this style is out for sure then. That part didn't register with me until you reminded me. Rats!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you're going with peridot that small, there's 2 cautions;

1. its going to be light, no way around that one
2. likely it will be commercial cut. Custom cut peridot (and amethyst) at THAT size is not worth a lot of people's time because at that size, its particularly cheap and abundant commercially.

You likely can find the stuff in bulk either on ebay or multicolor. You could also see what AJS has. I don't know what they may have for those two stones.

As far as having it made, you could try maybe etsy. I don't know if Daniel M could make a ring similar to this in your price range though. IDjewlery is also another option. I will say that I think its going to cost more than 300 though.

-A

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results