shape
carat
color
clarity

Americans love their jewellery !

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Guys,

I live in England, but have used pricescope on many occasions, for advice prior to making a purchase.

I have to say that i have looked at the link ''show me the ring'' and i have never seen such beautiful and elaborate engagment rings. Let me tell you, there ain''t that many shops over here that sell such unique designs. And the size of the diamonds....absolutely huge !

Eh....any guesses where i got my engagement ring from ? Jerad''s in Ohio.

1.15 Leo diamond set in a platinum 4 prong setting. Absolutely beautiful ! Had to pay import duty and tax etc...but worth every penny.

You folks have got it all.....the weather, cheap gas and fantastic jewellery !!!!

We''ve got high inflated prices and the rain !!!!!

best wishes to all !

Dyanne, England, UK
35.gif

hearts set

Shiny_Rock
What are you complaining about??

You have Marmite, Jelly Babies and Bangers and Mash!!

You''ve got it made!!
9.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Hey, how about some pics of that ring of yours?????
31.gif
31.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Veggiemite...and you have Scotland near by. Sigh! Please post pictures of your ring, I would love to see it!

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
What made you choose that particular vendor? It''s always interesting to find out how other people not based in the US make their decisions!

Where abouts are you? I''m originally from Lancashire (hence the rubies on the side of my ring), but am living out in the middle east where we pay 100 fils (about 15p) per litre for our petrol. Going home is great but ouch at the petrol station!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/22/2005 5:45:55 PM
Author: hearts set
What are you complaining about??

You have Marmite,

You''ve got it made!!
9.gif
There is NO WAY I could live without Marmite - I love the stuff!!
9.gif
I find many Americans think it''s revolting, Hubby included
emotion-41.gif

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
ooops...you''re right, I forgot about the marmite.

And Cadbury''s milk chocolate! the best chocolate in the whole world!

dyanne

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
And Smarties and Quavers! I LOVE Quavers!

TheDoctor

Shiny_Rock
Interesting that you couldn''t find something which sparked your interest closer to home. I was in England last spring following a trade show in Germany and there are some wonderfully talented studio goldsmiths who sell through brick and mortar establishments.
Online buyers definately find themselves at American sites, as the American public is more apt to use online sources and those companies who favour online marketing have become quite successful.

As for fule prices, well, against my better judgement I hired a car in Chester and drove (left-hand stickshift, opposite side of road) and the fear of being killed behind the wheel made me forget about how much it cost to fill the car.

recran

Rough_Rock
You have GREEN & BLACK''S!!!!!!!!!! Okay, ''nuff said.
16.gif

Seriously, you have all of Europe at your doorstep and can fly those weird airlines (like Ryan Air) for insanely small amounts of money to go all over the place over there. Someday I''d like to take a year and really DO Europe. Or a month at a time for many years. Something!

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah...I know, it's not all bad!

Anyway, here is a shot of the ring I bought from Jared in Ohio. Sorry for the picture quality, but i don't have a zoom.

Here are the stats: Leo diamond

Shape and cut Round modified brillant cut
Measurement 6.71x6.78x4.09mm
weight 1.15 carat
depth 60.6%
girdle thin to medium
culet none
finish good
symmetry good
clarity SI2
colour I
Fluorescence very strong blue

I have never had a ring with fluorescence before. I was a bit apprehensive, but when I saw the ring I absolutely loved it. I know people have mixed opinions on this. The only time the fluorescence is apparent is when i am lying in bed in the dark (looking at my ring) How sad am I?

best wishes dyanne
35.gif

hang on folks....can't get my picture small enough to upload.

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
You also have an absolutely *darling* accent that I would love to have! I try my best to imitate, but the best I can do is somewhere along the lines of "that bloody stupid driver, I''m going to get out and kick him in the bum!"
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/14/2005 5:32:00 AM
Author: Cinderella
You also have an absolutely *darling* accent that I would love to have! I try my best to imitate, but the best I can do is somewhere along the lines of 'that bloody stupid driver, I'm going to get out and kick him in the bum!'
9.gif
Very good Cinderella!
36.gif
36.gif
Don't forget if you are chilly to say" Blimey, it's a bit parky today" isn't that right Blod!

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/26/2005 7:28:37 AM
Author: just_looking!
What made you choose that particular vendor? It''s always interesting to find out how other people not based in the US make their decisions!

Where abouts are you? I''m originally from Lancashire (hence the rubies on the side of my ring), but am living out in the middle east where we pay 100 fils (about 15p) per litre for our petrol. Going home is great but ouch at the petrol station!
The reason i choose Jared''s is because I have a friend who lives in Ohio. She was able to look at the item for me, and compare it with what other vendors had to offer. If I bought online, and wasn''t happy with the item, it would have been complicated to return (because of customs and duty tax).

Make no mistake, if i lived in the US, I would definitely be using the online retailers.

best wishes....dyanne
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results