ruby59

Ideal_Rock
part gypsy|1486497879|4125536 said:
ruby59|1486497419|4125529 said:
part gypsy|1486474187|4125320 said:
ruby59|1486442001|4125223 said:
arkieb1|1486441328|4125218 said:
redwood66|1486437838|4125196 said:
You did not attempt to parse any of Forsetti's article in how it applies to conservative posters here. Therefore by your post, which I quoted, indicates his entire article applies. Which it does not. That is my opinion.

If I post something wrong I admit it. I don't agree with everything Trump does but meanwhile the left is trying to find, in the right, every psychological defect under the sun to justify why Hillary lost.

Hillary was the wrong candidate, she spoke down to people, people didn't trust her because Trumps team spent millions of money convincing every person that believed his campaign she was even more immoral, untruthful and evil and he was, and my personal favourite she must be untrustworthy or less of a person because she stayed with Bill... and those emails well we are all going to ignore Trump is essentially now doing the same thing. Me personally I don't care jack if the Dem's candidate was a monkey, they would still probably do a better job than Trump. So you see I'm over the fact she lost, and as I keep saying and the point you seem to be missing is that if you had a decent conservative currently in power with moderate or rational views I wouldn't even waste my time posting on here about it.

Trump should never have been your president period. And no we are not "going to get over it" because he is a corrupt immoral extremist.

Any self examination is absent. That is very convenient and not worth the thousands of words the very few conservatives here on PS have used to try to explain it to you. If it makes you feel better to posit that because I don't change my views to yours I must be a defective voter then posit away. Nothing I say will change your mind either.

:wavey:

Here is a bit from Dave Rubin formerly on Young Turks. This is my opinion also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiVQ8vrGA_8&t=7s

ETA - Actually this need to understand why a conservative here on PS could vote for Trump by some left leaners, for me, is baffling. I would never think to interrogate and bemoan another's choice in our most personal of civic duties.

Dave Rubin puts all progressives in the same basket, correct me but isn't that doing exactly the same thing? O.K I'll stop trying to understand why someone who is Jewish votes for a team that is essentially anti-Jewish, in the case of DF I'll stop attempting to analyse why someone who is Chinese has a wife who supported Trumps team who are again essentially anti-Asian.... I'll just go with the theory it's because you think he's better than Hillary and even though I accept she was a s@&* choice you were incapable of seeing Trump was an even worse one until he does something that effects you and yours personally.

Assuming facts here that Trump is an anti semite.

But I am seeing references to Hillary Clinton that "referred to Jews as 'stupid k***s'"

I am also finding other derogatory remarks she used to describe Jews and African Americans,

Ruby, you need to brush up on your fact versus fiction skills. Any from an actual credible source? (Infowars and Breitbart don't count). It sounds awfully contrary to how she has lived her life as far as her bridging racial divides, working with women and children, and also her family has some Jewish background. Just because you read something, doesn't mean it's true. In contrast, Trump has as his closest advisor, someone who is a white supremacist. That would worry me, as a Jewish (or really any minority) person far more than an off hand remark someone made. And I'm not sure who you are talking to, my friends who are Jewish are highly concerned with the events that have taken place since Trump became president.

So, you premise is that Hillary cannot be anti semetic because "her family has some Jewish backgroumd" What does that even mean?

But then how can Trump be when his son in law and trusted adviser is Jewish. And his wife converted to Judaism, making his grandchildren Jewish as well.

Even Hitler has some Jewish ancestry you are right, it is probably not relevant in either case. Can we at least agree the "k*ke" quote was from over 20 years ago from a dubious source? Did you read any of the rest of what I posted?

Go to sites referencing her leaked emails for more updated info on Hillary's disparaging comments about Blacks, Jews, and Catholics.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

So, you premise is that Hillary cannot be anti semetic because "her family has some Jewish backgroumd" What does that even mean?

But then how can Trump be when his son in law and trusted adviser is Jewish. And his wife converted to Judaism, making his grandchildren Jewish as well.

One of the blanket statements Red made to me, is that lefties keep bring up Hillary, I personally don't I'm over her and if you look closely JoCoJenn is the person that brings up Hillary in this post.

I've read people saying that Trump has said similar things to what JoCoJenn claims Hillary has said. For all we know they are both racist against Jewish people, who knows, they have both said distasteful things, I personally have moved past the Hillary is better than Trump argument I'm now interested in talking about the fact the current president is starting to do things to your country that are anti constitutional.

Just because Trump's son in law is Jewish doesn't mean he hasn't engaged in "locker room talk" before he met the guy against Jews. My husbands father's family were Polish, they were pretty well forced to become Nazis or be killed in the war, and now my husband's father has a granddaughter who is dating a Jewish guy who has asked her to marry him. People can adapt and change to the circumstances they are presented with. I can show you or you can look up a whole heap of images of Trump with Bill and Hillary not only next too but supporting them, in fact it's widely known Trump used to hold some more Democratic points of view until he changed them depending upon who was paying the most $$$$$s to his election fund.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1486505596|4125635 said:

One of the blanket statements Red made to me, is that lefties keep bring up Hillary, I personally don't I'm over her and if you look closely JoCoJenn is the person that brings up Hillary in this post.

I've read people saying that Trump has said similar things to what JoCoJenn claims Hillary has said. For all we know they are both racist against Jewish people, who knows, they have both said distasteful things, I personally have moved past the Hillary is better than Trump argument I'm now interested in talking about the fact the current president is starting to do things to your country that are anti constitutional.

Just because Trump's son in law is Jewish doesn't mean he hasn't engaged in "locker room talk" before he met the guy against Jews. My husbands father's family were Polish, they were pretty well forced to become Nazis or be killed in the war, and now my husband's father has a granddaughter who is dating a Jewish guy who has asked her to marry him. People can adapt and change to the circumstances they are presented with. I can show you or you can look up a whole heap of images of Trump with Bill and Hillary not only next too but supporting them, in fact it's widely known Trump used to hold some more Democratic points of view until he changed them depending upon who was paying the most $$$$$s to his election fund.

With all due respect I said no such thing. :wavey:

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

Well if what you are saying is true and people can change, then why do some here keep bringing up the P*ssy Grab things from 2008?
Maybe he adapted and changed because he said it, he apologized, and I have never heard it come out of his mouth again.

As far as the issues I have spoken up about them as threads have come up.

Immigration - I am for extreme vetting. The 2 year process we have now obviously is not working. But he could have handled it with a lot more finesse.

Guns- Giving back guns to the mentally ill - I expressed how I am so against the Republicans view on that, especially after what happened in Florida.

De Vos - again look at my posts. I feel parents should have a choice in sending their children to charter schools. But I also said I did not know enough about her to comment if I feel she is qualified for the position.

Trump in general - Is he the most tactful President we have ever had? H*ll no. I wish someone would take him aside and point out that he does come off as a buffoon. And I wish someone would unplug his Twitter account.

As I have mentioned before, I did not care for the last President's policies. I agree with many of what Trump wants to institute. I did not say all. And I am taking a wait and see approach. If he screws it up or starts to become a danger, I will be one of the first on here to say so.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He has just appointed a billionaire who donated heavily to his campaign (jobs for the boys or rich white girl in this case) who will effectively destroy public eduction, she will destroy special education and will impose her own set of core religious values upon the framework of your schools. I guess that is education ruined, he has appointed a right wing extremist to sit as the head of the board that governs defence, so we can only guess where that will lead you. His protectionist policies can and will create the same set of conditions that led to the GFC, but it will be a few years before you all feel the impact of them... and he has introduced immigration/travel bans that are in direct violation to your constitution.

Not bad for a few weeks work, (yes that was sarcasm).

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium

:eh: Maybe you should look CLOSER. I am pretty sure Monarch brought HRC into this thread on page 1, followed by others long before I responded to PT's evidence request.

Please don't drag me down whatever rabbit hole you're digging, lest you exemplify the title of this very thread. :hand:

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
arkieb1|1486507989|4125655 said:
He has just appointed a billionaire who donated heavily to his campaign (jobs for the boys or rich white girl in this case) who will effectively destroy public eduction, she will destroy special education and will impose her own set of core religious values upon the framework of your schools. I guess that is education ruined, he has appointed a right wing extremist to sit as the head of the board that governs defence, so we can only guess where that will lead you. His protectionist policies can and will create the same set of conditions that led to the GFC, but it will be a few years before you all feel the impact of them... and he has introduced immigration/travel bans that are in direct violation to your constitution.

Like I said, I do not know much about her and her background.

All I agree about is that charter schools should be an option for parents who live in areas with failing schools.

I know in our area, lotteries are drawn, leaving many disappointed parents and children.

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone who doesn't want to hear about Hillary should stop constantly berating those who didn't vote for her.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1486508145|4125656 said:

:eh: Maybe you should look CLOSER. I am pretty sure Monarch brought HRC into this thread on page 1, followed by others long before I responded to PT's evidence request.

Please don't drag me down whatever rabbit hole you're digging, lest you exemplify the title of this very thread. :hand:

I don't need to "drag anyone down a rabbit hole" your president is doing a perfectly good job of that himself.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1486507989|4125655 said:

Again, those pesky facts all mucking up the left's "wash, rinse & repeat cycle". :wall:

Snopes re: Devos
Donated $9.5 million to Trump's campaign?

False. Though DeVos and family are longtime contributors to the Republican Party, she did not support Donald Trump's candidacy in the 2016 election.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1486508947|4125666 said:

I don't need to "drag anyone down a rabbit hole" your president is doing a perfectly good job of that himself.

Correcting your false statement would be the polite thing to do vs deflecting the error.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1486509364|4125670 said:

Correcting your false statement would be the polite thing to do vs deflecting the error.

_6492.jpeg

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1486509547|4125672 said:
JoCoJenn|1486509364|4125670 said:

Suit yourself ... It's your "word" that loses value when you allow your own error to stand. Ask Hillary! :lol: :lol: :lol:

_6493.jpeg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hahahaha, Joco you can take the simplest things and make a mountain out of a molehill. I posted a meme from Facebook that compared Trump to COULD HAVE BEEN ANYONE BECAUSE ANYONE IS BETTER THAN HIM and now you're using me to support your own argument? Barf. I have you on ignore and the only reason I see any of your posts now is when someone quotes you which I wholeheartedly wish they'd stop doing. Once again if I had to spend this much time and energy on internet fighting over the idiot I voted for being an idiot...I'd maybe think it was time for both a self-awareness and reality check. I used to think you were somewhat reasonable. You have proven that minds can be changed.

Tell you what: don't bring up my name and I won't appear to you like Beetlejuice. I'll do the same and hope for the best.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn -
This is Ruby's quote from page one;
"If I post something wrong I admit it. I don't agree with everything Trump does but meanwhile the left is trying to find, in the right, every psychological defect under the sun to justify why Hillary lost."

I'm sorry if I misinterpreted what she was saying, I read in an old post that I now cannot find one of you arguing that we keep bring up Hillary, the only point I was making is I'm over Hillary, if that somehow makes me a liar in your eyes I can still sleep at night. And I can't help wondering what sort of "deals" have been done with this woman and Trump, the point I was making badly is that some could argue she has bought her position;

"Big donors often get positions in government, ambassadorships or ceremonial titles, but rarely do they come as big as DeVos. Sitting Republican senators have received $115,000 from Betsy DeVos herself, and more than $950,000 from the full DeVos clan since 1980. In the past two election cycles alone, her family has donated $8.3 million to Republican Party super PACs."

Campaign Contributions To Senators By The DeVos Family

5893bea625000034080b69f2.png

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1486510617|4125678 said:
Hahahaha, Joco you can take the simplest things and make a mountain out of a molehill. I posted a meme from Facebook that compared Trump to COULD HAVE BEEN ANYONE BECAUSE ANYONE IS BETTER THAN HIM and now you're using me to support your own argument? Barf. I have you on ignore and the only reason I see any of your posts now is when someone quotes you which I wholeheartedly wish they'd stop doing. Once again if I had to spend this much time and energy on internet fighting over the idiot I voted for being an idiot...I'd maybe think it was time for both a self-awareness and reality check. I used to think you were somewhat reasonable. You have proven that minds can be changed.

Tell you what: don't bring up my name and I won't appear to you like Beetlejuice. I'll do the same and hope for the best.

Or mayyyybe you can try spending less time worrying about how much time someone else on the Internet is spending posting about stuff. But I refuse to allow someone else to attribute to me the "deeds" (good or bad) of another. It's called integrity. :wavey:

_6494.jpeg

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1486511649|4125687 said:
JoCoJenn -
"If I post something wrong I admit it. I don't agree with everything Trump does but meanwhile the left is trying to find, in the right, every psychological defect under the sun to justify why Hillary lost."

I'm sorry if I misinterpreted what she was saying, I read in an old post that I now cannot find one of you arguing that we keep bring up Hillary, the only point I was making is I'm over Hillary, if that somehow makes me a liar in your eyes I can still sleep at night. And I can't help wondering what sort of "deals" have been done with this woman and Trump, the point I was making badly is that some could argue she has bought her position;

"Big donors often get positions in government, ambassadorships or ceremonial titles, but rarely do they come as big as DeVos. Sitting Republican senators have received $115,000 from Betsy DeVos herself, and more than $950,000 from the full DeVos clan since 1980. In the past two election cycles alone, her family has donated $8.3 million to Republican Party super PACs."

Um no. That was me, not Ruby. But I think you meant me anyway. As you can see I did not say anything about the left constantly bringing up Hillary. Not trying to fight here, I was merely setting the record straight. :wavey:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1486512508|4125693 said:
JoCoJenn -

Um no. That was me, not Ruby. But I think you meant me anyway. As you can see I did not say anything about the left constantly bringing up Hillary. Not trying to fight here, I was merely setting the record straight. :wavey:

Yes sorry I meant you, not Ruby.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn -

:confused: I'm not sure why you're now apologizing to Ruby when quoting me. Nevertheless, Devos did not donate to Chump's campaign. THAT is what I was correcting in your false statement (well, also the attribution to me bringing up the 'ol Groundhog that Monarch first introduced in this thread, but whatevs). I never said DeVos did not donate to 'any' 'campaigns'.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The point I was making badly, since you want to stick to the facts, is she is unqualified for the job and she basically bought that position. You either agree or disagree. If you like I will add she didn't buy her way in via Trump she bought her way in paying off members of the Republican party, a lot of members and a lot of money.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1486512653|4125695 said:
redwood66|1486512508|4125693 said:
JoCoJenn -

Yes sorry I meant you, not Ruby.

You know, I probably would have never even bothered to post in this thread if you had not said this:

arkieb1|1486423188|4125074 said:
Thank you, that's one of the best explanations on why conservatives here and in general feel so "attacked" therefore there very way of life and how they view the world is under threat, that I've read in a while!!!!

Because I know how the left on PS feel about conservatives and that does not matter to me. Its when you take an article that is loaded with condescension and opinion and then personally apply it to the 3-6 conservatives who actually post here. You may as well have put the conservative posters names in it. Can you take a minute to give that a bit of thought? If you do not care how that appears then you are not as nice a person as I thought you to be. JMHO.

:wavey:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't find that article loaded with condescension. But I accept that you do. And I think if we are being honest I've seen plenty of condescension on here from both sides. And if that somehow makes me a "not so nice person" I sincerely dunno what that makes most of you.... :wavey:

So can we all go back to talking about why Trump should be removed now? Or are we still looking at ways to prove I'm wrong?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1486513861|4125709 said:
I don't find that article loaded with condescension. But I accept that you do. And I think if we are being honest I've seen plenty of condescension on here from both sides. And if that somehow makes me a "not so nice person" I sincerely dunno what that makes most of you.... :wavey:

So can we all go back to talking about why Trump should be removed now?

Well ok. I was trying to extend an olive branch. No I don't think I will continue.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
redwood66|1486513999|4125710 said:

Well ok. I was trying to extend an olive branch. No I don't think I will continue.

So that is your statement or question?

Read it again, and ask yourself why conservatives here feel you have already made up your mind.

You are obviously looking for posts to affirm that statement.

So like Red, I am out as well.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I could argue that I find Dave Rubin equally condescending. But what would be the point. One man's olives are another man's lemons. Just saying..... Now we are over arguing about semantics, can we finally get back to Trump....

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1486514254|4125713 said:

Read it again, and ask yourself why conservatives here feel you have already made up your mind.

I'm happy for you to have a conservative government, a decent moderate conservative leader, Trump himself should be removed. If that is already having "made up my mind" then, yes, yes I have, he's a nutcase, he should not be there. He's appointing right wing extremists to run your country. What's your problem with me saying that? Is that offending you? Is that my so called "lefty views" clouding what I am saying once again? Sorry, where I come from that is called telling it like it is. My husband's a conservative and he would be stating exactly the same thing.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
arkieb1|1486514693|4125717 said:

I'm happy for you to have a conservative government, a decent moderate conservative leader, Trump himself should be removed. If that is already having "made up my mind" then, yes, yes I have, he's a nutcase, he should not be there. He's appointing right wing extremists to run your country. What's your problem with me saying that? Is that offending you? Is that my so called "lefty views" clouding what I am saying once again? Sorry, where I come from that is called telling it like it is. My husband's a conservative and he would be stating exactly the same thing.

Since you are so called running this discussion and have already made up your mind, what do you want from me - ?

A discussion is between two people with open minds - not one who has already made up hers.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Americans can't tell truth from lies?

Hmmm.

1. 1.2 billion Christians belive a virgin had a baby.
2. America is Christian country.

... Hmmmm. :think:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1486514912|4125718 said:
arkieb1|1486514693|4125717 said:

Since you are so called running this discussion and have already made up your mind, what do you want from me - ?

A discussion is between two people with open minds - not one who has already made up hers.

And you are telling me that you haven't made up yours? I don't know how many times I have to say it, if you had a decent moderate conservative in office I'd be totally O.K with that. I don't buy the, "lets give Trump time to see if he will be O.K as president" B/S, I don't buy the fact that some (not all because I don't want to be accused of generalising once again) conservatives thought that the other decent, more moderate Republicans would keep him in line. He is stacking his advisors with right wing extremists. It bothers me, it should be bothering all of you.

But if it doesn't O.K I'll keep an open mind, I won't assume for one red hot minute that some of you share his views, I won't make those assumptions any more, I won't read between the lines of what you say, I won't misinterpret those posts that were on here plain for everyone to see that got thought about and deleted. I won't do any of those things. But I also won't rest until Trump is removed, because I don't accept he is a good thing for your country or for the rest of the world and if that makes me somehow biased, a bad person, a liar and anything else you want to label me as, so be it.

I'm not anti Republican, I'm not pro Hillary. I'm anti Trump. He is the issue for me.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1486514395|4125715 said:

I could argue that I find Dave Rubin equally condescending. But what would be the point. One man's olives are another man's lemons. Just saying..... Now we are over arguing about semantics, can we finally get back to Trump....

You are missing my point. I make a concerted effort in my posts not to make statements personally to specific PSers. I think that is the proper and friendly way to have these difficult conversations. You, and others, make remarks about PSers that you do not agree with. Even my post of the Dave Rubin video was not directed at you personally. I can have a generic conversation about different views but I won't be personally laid bare for your pleasure and not respond in kind. Or just ignore it altogether because it is a fruitless endeavor here.

Your post calling me out specifically -

Arkieb1 - You are one of the people that I'd argue in some things (not in all of them) are unable to shift your way of thinking to accept actual real statistical evidence or facts, so of course it comes across as condescension to you. I started another thread a few days ago asking for everyones point of view because this was exactly it, I also suspect that the reactions from conservatives here come from a set of some core beliefs (and no Red I am not saying you all have exactly the same set of beliefs), but I couldn't articulate why when presented with evidence that Trump and his team are basically introducing severe and some cases anti-constitutional legislation why some (again not all) of you defend either these actions or defend the Republican party at all costs.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results