shape
carat
color
clarity

American Idol

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Things I learned from last night''s American Idol...

- I can''t STAND Paula Abdul - much more than I ever thought....and she looked like a mess last night! It''s to the point where it''s pathetic...
- I can''t stand Adam either (sabine) - I cringed during his whole performance, and I really think he''s one of those that the judges think he can do no wrong - yippy.
- I still like Anoop - despite his rather funny performance last night
- My favorite is Megan - I adored her song - Rockin'' Robin was a strange choice, but I loved the way she sang it.
- Little blonde girl with the pink in her hair (forgot her name) would be embarrassing if she were my mother - She looked like a stripper last night!!! I''m not a fan at all...

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Agree w/all the "something's wrong w/ Paula's face" talk. She looked weird. And she takes SO LONG to spit out what she's trying to say. Often its not worth the time it took. Brain damage? Intoxication? Stupidity? Unclear ...

THE TWIST: so people are speculating that now the bottom two vote getters are going to have to "sing for their lives" (like SYTYCD) ... and that the *judges* will pick who goes home. Or, how they'll spin it (like SYTYCD again) is "save someone" from elimination. TONIGHT it would be bottom three or four vote getters, as they say two are going home.

Dial Idol has someone AH-MAZING in the bottom three so its probably a good thing the judges can "save them"
23.gif

My most enduring thoughts on the night:

DANNY was great. Really shook it up this week and had fun. Didn't seem as preachy and cocky as he can sometimes be.

ADAM is way too pimped. I like him in his Youtube theater vids -- very cheesy OOT cabaret extravaganzas -- but NOT NOT NOT mainstream pop. Can't picture him even in the Dance music world. And he grates on me. Most people here are too young for this comment to make sense but -- Sam Harris 2.0.

ALISON was fantastic but she's gonna be hurt by the "don't cut myself or anything" comment, as well as picking an unknown song. MAN that girl can sing though. Kelly Clarkson 2.0.

LIL is also too pimped. Not getting it w/her (yet)?

MICHAEL was way better than I expected. He looked good w/his makeover and the ballad suited him. I can really see him as a country singer. I thought he was a "story" contestant but he really nailed that song. Very nice, dawg.

SEEING PIANO DUDE - can't be good that I don't remember his name ... much more Timberlake-esque tonight. Which is better for him than COLDPLAY. (Blerg)

BLIND PIANO DUDE - meh. He's inspirational but not doing it for me musically. Do we really need him on the radio?

MEGAN -- very pretty, quirky girl. Like the sound & quality of her voice but she never quite gets it together.

JASMINE -- tragic.

ANOOP -- double tragic.

JORGE -- fastforwarded through it. Painful to watch for me.

ALEXIS -- believed her own hype. Girl is gorgeous though ... & a powerhouse. If she got it together she could be fantastic.

And ... I realized I was missing someone ...

KRIS -- better than I expected ... less than it takes to win. Fella is a cutie pie & worked the guitar but he's no Jason Mraz. He's this year's Jason Castro though. (i.e. -- cute & around for awhile probably).

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Deco, I agree with your summary. I felt the same way about almost everyone. I really hope Anope stays in though because even though his performance last night was awful, I think he''s got a really good voice....don''t think he''ll win though. If I had to guess, I would say Jasmine or Jorge (or both if they have 2) will go home.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I also agree with you assesment Deco, with a couple cavets
''seeing panio guy'' ... I thought he was fantastic last night I loved it!

Megan...eek...she is awful and that song was horrid like some stupid talent show preformance.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Oh... And I think the twist will be the judges can swap a ''safe'' contestant for a bottom contestant

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i noticed something was up with paula''s appearance too, but it was hard to put a finger on it. i thought her face seemed a little swollen, and her hair was weird - it almost looked like a wig. it was a different color, shorter, and seemed to have a stiff, strawlike texture. maybe it was to cover something else up? at any rate, i feel for her.

i am with those that don''t quite get adam.... i recognize his drive and his niche, and i do think he will have a place in the industry, but i did not enjoy his performance last night. DH and i were both very surprised at what the judges had to say.... the only thing i could think of was that it translated better in person. i like him off-stage, however onstage i feel as though his image is just that - an image. the hair, the clothes, the ''tude, it doesn''t strike me as his authentic self. it is like he knows how to work the industry and how to make himself stand out and be memorable... but that is what i see when he performs and i can''t get past it.

i loved matt giroard. loved him. and allison although eek! to the the cutting comment. that wannit goood.

i would like to see more of anoop, i hope he gets a few more chances to find his niche and pick the right songs because i suspect that if he does, he can be good.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Yeah Alison''s comment was
23.gif
I mean, she''s cute and WAY talented, but is she just nervous when she talks, because she comes off WEIRD. I think she''s really talented but I do wonder how she''ll do when it''s not rock week, y''know? She definitely has her niche - Chris Daughtry made it work but not everyone can.

Adam - he annoys me. Like everything is WAY too theatrical. He''s not bad to listen to but I don''t like to watch him.

Jorge is a cutie but the performance was painful.

Anoop is my favorite so I''m hoping he''ll pull through today.

BF likes Jasmine a lot, but really, girl''s got talent but she hasn''t made it work since the first audition
7.gif

Scott is good but not on the level of some of the others I think.

Matt Giraud - I didn''t like him before (I tend to react not so well to Timberlake lookalikes) but he really grew on me last night - he was GOOD

Danny was awesome - my second favorite.

What was up with Alexis??? Seriously, what she was wearing....

And Kris is cute but I can''t remember him or his name for more than 2 seconds after his performance...his wife did not look happy though when Simon mentioned that Kris should''ve kept her hidden for a few more weeks!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 9:08:38 AM
Author: Italiahaircolor
I also agree with you assesment Deco, with a couple cavets

''seeing panio guy'' ... I thought he was fantastic last night I loved it!

Megan...eek...she is awful and that song was horrid like some stupid talent show preformance.

Ditto all
3.gif

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 10:03:27 AM
Author: rainydaze
i noticed something was up with paula''s appearance too, but it was hard to put a finger on it. i thought her face seemed a little swollen, and her hair was weird - it almost looked like a wig. it was a different color, shorter, and seemed to have a stiff, strawlike texture. maybe it was to cover something else up? at any rate, i feel for her.

i am with those that don''t quite get adam.... i recognize his drive and his niche, and i do think he will have a place in the industry, but i did not enjoy his performance last night. DH and i were both very surprised at what the judges had to say.... the only thing i could think of was that it translated better in person. i like him off-stage, however onstage i feel as though his image is just that - an image. the hair, the clothes, the ''tude, it doesn''t strike me as his authentic self. it is like he knows how to work the industry and how to make himself stand out and be memorable... but that is what i see when he performs and i can''t get past it.

i loved matt giroard. loved him. and allison although eek! to the the cutting comment. that wannit goood.

i would like to see more of anoop, i hope he gets a few more chances to find his niche and pick the right songs because i suspect that if he does, he can be good.

Ditto to everything.

I loved Matt last night and I felt so bad for him because he had to follow Adam. I can''t imagine having to perform after the judges basically told Adam he won the entire show. Plus, poor Matt looked like he was about to cry after getting his criticism. I''m embarrassed to say how many times I voted for him because of that...

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Realize now I should have said SIGHTED PIANO DUDE ... "seeing" sounds like "seeing eye dog"
4.gif
. Also, now I''ve figured out his name is MATT.
3.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
What is the cool glasses guy named? The one who is kindof .. um... like David Gray type?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 11:02:19 AM
Author: dragonfly411
What is the cool glasses guy named? The one who is kindof .. um... like David Gray type?
Danny Gokey!! (#1 on Dial Idol)

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I think Paula was trying to emulate MJ for MJ week. Yes? She looked like it hurt to move.
40.gif

Matt moved up in my book, he was great! I don''t know how much longer Scott will last. Everyone loves his story and perseverance, but he''s not an AI, KWIM?

What was up with Lil''s pants last night?! Yikes!
23.gif

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sad that Jorge left. I really think he has great vocals. Kind Marc Anthony like. What a bummer.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Was I the only one who found the new rule hard to understand the first Ryan Seacrest explained it? I was like "what, huh?"

Seacrest had to explain like three times before I understood that the judges only get ONE save for the whole season, and not one per episode.

___

I thought Jorge deserved to go home. His vocals were horrible. Just the worst. I''m all for giving someone a chance...but, he wasn''t going to win American Idol this year, so keeping him on would have just prolonged the inevitable. He reminded me of a lounge singer...or someone you''d see as entertainment on a cruise ship.

Jasmine was rough too. She wasn''t ready for the big stage yet...she was to inconsistant. A few more years and she might improve.

I could not believe Megan stayed after that God awful performance. Eek. She has a pretty face...but her voice is muder/suicide. And her dancing is like something you''d expect a 4 year old to do when they have to go to the bathroom...the potty dance. If I have to watch that nonsense for the next 2.5 months I''ll just die...I swear it. She doesn''t even do it as a "dance" she doesn''t it all the time, period. Ugh.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 12:22:44 PM
Author: hoofbeats95
I am so sad that Jorge left. I really think he has great vocals. Kind Marc Anthony like. What a bummer.

i was worried that he''d turn into the next sanjaya...

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 12:33:38 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
Was I the only one who found the new rule hard to understand the first Ryan Seacrest explained it? I was like ''what, huh?''

Seacrest had to explain like three times before I understood that the judges only get ONE save for the whole season, and not one per episode.

___

I thought Jorge deserved to go home. His vocals were horrible. Just the worst. I''m all for giving someone a chance...but, he wasn''t going to win American Idol this year, so keeping him on would have just prolonged the inevitable. He reminded me of a lounge singer...or someone you''d see as entertainment on a cruise ship.

Jasmine was rough too. She wasn''t ready for the big stage yet...she was to inconsistant. A few more years and she might improve.

I could not believe Megan stayed after that God awful performance. Eek. She has a pretty face...but her voice is muder/suicide. And her dancing is like something you''d expect a 4 year old to do when they have to go to the bathroom...the potty dance. If I have to watch that nonsense for the next 2.5 months I''ll just die...I swear it. She doesn''t even do it as a ''dance'' she doesn''t it all the time, period. Ugh.
I totally didn''t get the new rule. Initially I thought they could do it as often as they wanted, but only once per person. It was weird. I got it now, but it was a rough explanation.

I think Jorge was better than Anoop honestly. Just my opinion. I also think he has the potential to be better.

I have to say one more time - Megan ROCKS! I adore her strange voice. I could listen to it all day. I love it! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results