shape
carat
color
clarity

AMERICAN IDOL -- Twelve to One: The Countdown

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Since we're not really "prepping for the new season" anymore ... I thought this might be a good time to start a fresh IDOL thread.

Annnnnndddddd, since I'm dieting - I opted to keep any mention of "Brownies" out of the title
31.gif
... but if any of you can spare a Vitalicious square, jus' holla!
9.gif

BIG STAGE BIG STAGE BIG STAGE!!!!

36.gif

Discuss ...

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Well, don''t really have anything to add except there was an interesting article about Elliott in our Sunday paper. He mentioned that he enjoyed watching Idol - "It''s pretty cool to see it on the air and be on the other side." FWIW - His favorites are LaKisha Jones, Melinda Doolittle and Chris Richardson.

His album comes out March 20th. I will be buying it. It sounds like great music to listen to. He has an interesting deal. He is a partner in the record. He gets 50% of royalties. Usually, artists receive 12-15%.

So, I''ll have something to say about the Idols after I see them perform. But, I''m still shaking out with Elliott''s favs as well. I''d throw in a little beatbox guy as well.
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol oh yeah baby. well this settles the brownie vs cookies n'cream ice cream bar dilemma for dessert tonite. gotta have an idol brownie...vitalicious it is!!! oh and sorry deco. loves ya but i'm a hoarder.

here's hoping tonite is worth the time!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
yay for the new thread deco. I''m glad we''re finally down the the real show and hoping tonight doesn''t disappoint. Hubby is working late and I''m putting the kids to bed early so i can watch in solitude...no brownies for me but I''ll toast with my pudding cup
3.gif
i''m excited to finally see the men and women compete on the same night too...

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Yay for the big stage shows. Does anyone know what the theme is tonight? I''m pulling for LaKisha, Melinda, and the 2 Chris''s...I still can''t decide who I''d rather see go home first, so we''ll see what AMERICA decides (pssh!)
31.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Mindless T.V. on like inside edition or the like. American Idol - EARS pop up - something about Diana Ross. Don''t know if she is a judge or everyone sings her songs.

......bodes well for the divas!

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
I thought it could be Diana Ross, but I wasn''t sure if Ryan''s comment last week was about this week or the season in general. 12 minutes to go!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think she''s coaching or something this week.

Going out tonight, but I have been following clips that show up on youtube. I love it because that means I don''t have to commit to sitting in front of the TV or watching performers I could give a caca about!

Any bets on who is going to be cut before we see tonight''s performances?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2007 7:50:41 PM
Author: TravelingGal

Any bets on who is going to be cut before we see tonight's performances?

I say Haley will go next. I thought she should have been gone last week and Sabrina in. Sanjaya has the VFTW behind him so I'm afraid we may be stuck with him a few weeks..

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
My bet''s on Haley or Sanjaya too...I really don''t like that vftw thing AT ALL.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it will be Haley....

OR

possibly a surprise like Stephanie Edwards, because there may be a splitting of votes going on here. I would not be surprised if she or Brandon got voted off before the crappy two who everyone hopes will get punted.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone watching in real time? Cause somebody needs to be here with me.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i''m watchin!!!!!

whoa!!!! those comments between simon and ryan!!?!????!

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Gosh, I hope Sanjaya gets voted off. He reminds me too much of Michael Jackson & he never follows any advise the judges give. Actually I dont even want to watch the show because I cant stand it when horrible singers like Sanjaya dont get booted.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m watching too...

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
this show is so strange tonight. honestly there is only a few singers i even care to see/hear and wish I could fast forward through the rest. and with the hundreds of songs diana ross has done what is up with all the song choices...i mean, chris singing endless love??? come on people....

my favorite by miles thus far is doolittle and i'm just waiting for chris r, blake and of course LaKisha....ugggg

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
The comments between Ryan and Simon were TOO much!

And seriously y''all. I''m scared by how big Melinda''s head is. It is like three times the size of Diana Ross''s. It was creeping me out.

Brandon stunk up the joint.

Gina - feh. she looks cute though. The song was kinda pukerific.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well Haley made me damn near cry. Not because of her singing, lol! I feel like she showed a lot more personality and some vulnerability tonight and seemed very human and downright nice. I actually didn''t mind her singing, either...forgetting the words? Eh, who cares. She looked great without being too overdone, and had finesse without being in your face. I like her, I think!

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Also...Diana Ross - pronounciate is NOT a word!

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t care how big Melinda''s head is or how short her neck is...that girl can SING. Seriously. I love her. Pure talent, no joke. Brandon was ehh, Melinda was WOW, Chris was disappointing because he can do so much better, Gina was decent, Sanjaya needs to go, Haley was better but still not too impressive, and Phil wasn''t too bad. I dunno. I''m waiting for LaKisha, beat box, and j.t. wannabe!
3.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I missed Haley due to a little girl cat fight upstairs...caught just a bit of simon''s comments...really she actually did good? well enough to pull through another week?
i might have to change my vote to brandon getting the boot...

E B

Ideal_Rock
I'm in on the West Coast. No brownies for me, either...just a Tofutti Hooray! Bar.
18.gif

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Hrmmm. Hailey was alright. She totally forget the words and then was actually quite endearing afterwards. SHe sand the song well, but she seriously forgot two or three lines. It was bad. But yeah...she was more likeable than she was before...

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
First of all: man oh man did tonight suck! The only good performances in my opinion were Melinda, Lakisha and Jordan. I actually said to my sister "I guess the other 6 perform tomorrow" because everyone was so bad/forgettable I didn''t even remember them singing!

Secondly, the Ryan/Simon exchange was hilarious! I loved it!

And finally, WHY IN GOD''S NAME IS SANGAYA STILL ON THIS SHOW?!! He''s absolutely terrible. I mean, the worst on the show, truly. It will be interesting to see who goes home tomorrow!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
I can understand the nerves with moving to the big stage and all...but wow, there were very few stand-out performances tonight! I completely forgot that Sanjaya was still on the show until Ryan announced that he would sing...."after the break." I was like, "Oh God he is STILL here!" Randy was completely at a loss for words after the performance because what else can you say???? He stinks!!

My favorite of the night was actually Jordin because I think she really stepped it up! I am so impressed with her singing chops and stage presence at age 17. The real surprise for me was Stephanie. First, I wasn''t feeling the song choice for her. "Love Hangover" is a favorite of mine, but I wasn''t with Stephanie trying to pull that off. Second, she didn''t transition in to the uptempo disco part, which like a major part of that song. I thought it was just me, but the judges pretty much echoed my initial thoughts.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/13/2007 9:04:59 PM
Author: littlelysser
Also...Diana Ross - pronounciate is NOT a word!
Ha, and so funny that Paula pronounced the word correctly: "enunciate" LOL. That was priceless.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t know, taking a wild guess here and saying the three bottom contenders will include Brandon Rogers? First to go...first to suck...first to get voted off? Hmmm. Maybe not, maybe I''m crazy. but he was completely boring. At least the others have some sort of hateability factor that at least makes them interesting? Sheesh, I am way too into this show. I swear next year my life will not be ruled by AI all spring.
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''m only on chris so far (brownie sundae long since demolished *sob*)...and while i didn''t really love melinda''s SONG choice...she sounded amazing as usual. chris sounds pretty good. kind of a rock vibe on endless love. and brandon, gah...seriously no buddy.

so far not SUPER impressed. but the night is young.

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
I thought Jordan was the best tonight
36.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
KIKI gets my virtual cellphone waving tonight ... as usual. I''ll cut the whole lot a break because jumping to that big stage must be pretty scary but .. YICK! SNOOZE! OUCH my EARS!

Steaming pile o'' MEH.

Questions that''ll never be answered satisfactorily:

What was my Blake doing channeling a weird Timberlake/Jackson combo?
How giganto is Melinda''s ego-I-mean-dome?
Who stepped on/hid/stole Sligh''s glasses?
When will Sanjayja head to Sweden for that "transition" surgery?
What crazy juice were those kids swigging when they decided to rearrange Motown?
Why do I keep coming back for more???

20.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results