shape
carat
color
clarity

American Idol, Season 11. Anyone else obsessed???

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Ohhhh....I have to catch up, didn't watch last nights episode yet, so....I really do agree with you Zoe, Joshua is great, but too screechy sometimes, and turns almost everything into gospel. Jessica has a great voice, but she is mundane, and I don't think I would ever buy her album. I really like Philip too. He does remind me of Dave M. so much, and I love DM!!!! So PP gets my vote! I believe that Joshua will go home tonight, but who knows??? They are all extremely talented, and no matter what, all have a great career ahead of them!!!

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
Sooooo spoiler

Should Phil sing a Dave song on the finale? If so, which would song do you think he should sing? Everyday, Too Much, So Much to Say? Doesn't matter what he does really, I love Dave doing covers and love Phil covering others too. :love:

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
Thoughts? Jessica/Phil? Who takes it? Want to hear Home again :twirl:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do, I do! I want to hear "Home" again. I thought they both did a great job with all three songs. It was funny though because Jessica didn't look thrilled with her song when she was done. I won't be super sad if Jessica wins because I'm sure Philip will do just fine with his own recording contract, but I'd still like him to win.

I'm confused about something. The last songs are supposed to be original, right? I ask because my husband and I thought Jessica's song sounded familiar, so he looked it up. Apparently it's a Demi Lovato song. A few years back, Lee Dewise (sp?) sang "Beautiful Day" as his first released single, but that's a U2 song. Definitely not an original. I thought the record label (Interscope?) gave the final two contestants a song that would be their first release, but Jessica said she had picked it. Does anyone know how it works?

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Go P squared! I hope Phil gets the win but I can't vote....

Loved seeing Scotty last night!

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
I remember Lee singing that and thinking it was strange. Kelly's first song is still so popular. I really like the original songs - just wish the corny ones were less corny. I think Carrie's was good too (Inside Your Heaven). I noticed on The Voice, the winner from last season came on and sang his first song on his album and it was Ron Pope's Drop in the Ocean which has been out a while. Wonder why that happens.

Also, back in the day on Idol, both contestants had to sing the same song and they were always somewhat inspirational. Jessica's was about breaking up/staying together. Did not like it all.

Still hoping Dave himself will be on tonight. A girl can dream.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG, this is the worst finale I've seen. Is everyone having an off night or is it just me?

Jennifer Holiday and Jessica are singing now and they're the best of the night, by far. We're cracking up though, watching Jennifer's facial expressions. Hysterical.

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
Completely agree. And some pretty awful wardrobe choices

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Spoiler & Bragging Alert

decodelighted|1330131696|3133805 said:
Been watching since first season. My winner prediction: Phil Phillips. We'll see!
:appl:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah! YEAH! Yippee :appl: :appl: :bigsmile:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm happy Philip won, and I thought it was touching that he couldn't finish singing because of the emotions he must have been feeling. :appl:

I couldn't help but wonder if he'll become a household name like Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, or Jennifer Hudson or whether he'll fade into the background once the hoopla is over. There are some winners and runners-up that you don't hear about anymore (Chris Allen, Crystal Bowersox, and Ruben Studdard, to name a few).

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: Thrilled about Phillip winning.... Such a wonderful talent and so very humble... :appl:

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I'm also thrilled for Philip and believe he will be doing amazing things. Jessica is amazingly talented though, and I think she will do alot too. I really enjoyed all the performances though, but some of the wardrobe choices like a pp said..UGH!!! I especially liked the Jennifer Holiday/ Jessica performance, it really was great!!! But Jennifer with all of her facial expressions...lol!! At one point MH looked at me and said, "what's wrong with her, does she have dry mouth or something??" LMAO

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wasn't that insane - all that mouth action? LOL!!!!

Loved Jessica's repeat performance of "I will always Love You".

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
i was happy w/the final choice last night ;-) and thought he was so sweet how emotional he got considering how laid back & easy going he's come across all season. personally, i just love the song they chose for him. imo, one of the best songs idol's ever picked for a contestant...they are usually soooo cheesy & inspirational i can't stand it!

as for the show...for me, it was a total mixed bag. i loved his opening w/fogerty (or maybe i just really love fogerty)! and loved jessica's duet w/jennifer holliday and skylar/reba match up was good too, i thought. didn't care for all the top girls/boys medleys; i ff a lot. neil diamond's voice was not good :( fantasia's outfit was atrocious and i ff through jlo's performance. watched aerosmith but wasn't impressed & felt like steven was going to tumble off stage at any moment.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
SO is "obsessed" with American Idol although he doesn't think it's as good now as when it started. I think the highpoint was Fantasia vs. Diana. They were rivals who complimented each other perfectly. He and I have followed Fantasia's career and we both love her as a singer and artist. Neither of us has any doubt she's the greatest singer of her generation. She is truly a genius. We were both delighted that Adam Lambert has a #1 Billboard album. The first out gay artist to do that. And he's an Adam Lambert fan. I stopped watching after Fantasia. It was too intense for me and I just got burned out. He watched this year. I'm not sure what he thought of anyone. He's equally interested in "The Voice" these days. I suppose one day I'll take a look at this year's finalists. Oh, I forgot to mention. He's a Kelly Clarkson fan too (and so am I).

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
decodelighted|1337825748|3202234 said:
Spoiler & Bragging Alert

decodelighted|1330131696|3133805 said:
Been watching since first season. My winner prediction: Phil Phillips. We'll see!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results