shape
carat
color
clarity

Amber Rose Gold Ring with Stones?

Saw1997

Rough_Rock
I am designing a simple rose gold ring for my partner. She is way into Amber so what I have right now is something similar to this: ring_profile_0.jpg

Instead of the white band I am going with rose gold, something she is way into.

I also want to add to little stones on each side just barely going down the band, just slightly off the midline. I don't want all the stones to be the same nor do I want it to look too goofy. Right now I was thinking maybe on one side have two pink diamonds and the other side have two different stones..

What good stone combos are there that won't clash with amber or rose gold or the pink diamonds on the other side? Or what other options are there besides the pink diamonds? Or should I not add stones on the side?

Her favorite stones are:
Amber
Labradorite
Jade
Garnets
Turquoise
Jasper

She doesn't really like diamonds that much.

GlamMosher

Shiny_Rock
I am very much a novice in coloured stones, but wouldn't pink clash with amber? I had a look at the adobe colour wheel and blue seems to the most complimentary colour for amber. Maybe some blue sapphires? Turquoise might work well with the amber also!

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
With rose gold, and that warm toned amber, if it was me I'd go with garnets, if they can be added easily to the design (not sure how easy or hard that is). To me that would be a beautiful, warm, fall-toned ring. They wouldn't be a complementary color, or play up the amber, though, so if you're looking to make the amber "pop" more then maybe go with something a little different.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is the amber more yellow, red, or brown? That will determine which CS is more complementary.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've never seen an Amber set in rose gold and I think the reason is that, unless the Amber is more red in tone, the orange of a "normal" amber will clash with the rose gold. Out of interest, I've just done a Google search and there aren't many examples. What I did find seemed to indicate that when rose gold is used, it's a very light rose colour (ie less copper) than you'd think of when you talk about rose gold.

Can you post a photo of the stone you have, next to something rose gold and that'll probably give an indication of (a) whether it'll work and (b) what colour accent stones might be possible.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results