shape
carat
color
clarity

Amazon + Nice Ice + Geoffrey''s (San Carlos, CA) = Tiffany Replica E-Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

craigz

Rough_Rock

I used this board heavily when purchasing my engagement ring and wanted to add to this wonderful wealth of information. Thanks so much to all who provide their expertise to novices – my ring would not have turned out so well without this invaluable service!

I recognize that for most people, the niceice.com setting will be the most important information, since PS seems to have a never-ending debate about Tiffany replicas. My apologies for following storytelling convention and going in order…

AMAZON.COM – THE DIAMOND

Although I had planned on purchasing a diamond using the special “extra cut info” search on PS, I found a remarkable deal on amazon.com that was too good to deny. The diamond is AGS Ideal, 1.01 ct., G, VS2 and came mounted on a four-prong platinum band for $3,380 (marked down from $7,800). Alas, the deal was valid only on their pre-set diamonds, not on loose stones. The setting was unappealing, but the price was so low that I purchased the ring merely for the stone.
Reviews of amazon.com are quite sparse on PS, which was a cause of some concern, but with the 30-day return policy and the company’s reputation, I felt comfortable knowing that I could have the diamond evaluated and return if necessary.
As it turns out, the return policy was not necessary. The diamond is absolutely gorgeous. It scored a 2.5 on the HCA (not the best, but as a law student on a budget, still an outstanding deal). The jeweler (see below for my rave review of Geoffrey’s) loved the stone – its brilliance is truly amazing, and the symmetry is outstanding. Even at 2.5 HCA, it still explodes in dim lighting. The pictures do not do the stone (or the setting, for that matter) justice. The signature sparkle of a well cut diamond is so exciting – I’m glad to have found an internet community that taught me the importance of cut quality.
The most unfortunate part of my ring-buying experience was the delay from amazon.com. My credit card rejected the transaction because of its unusual nature, and in the few hours it took to validate the sale, the deal was back-ordered. Every five days, I would get an email from Amazon, apologizing for the delay and giving a new “estimated delivery date range.” The estimate was clearly not based on any data – they basically guessed that the ring would ship in the next five days. After a MONTH of such “estimates,” I emailed Amazon, telling them that I was more than willing to wait out the delay but kindly asking if they had more specific info on a possible ship date. My email CLEARLY informed them that I was not angry and merely hoping for some info. I received the following response: “We are sorry that you have chosen to cancel your order…” I frantically called customer service, where a helpful CSR immediately saw that her colleague had, ostensibly, not even read my email, and the order was restored (phew). The next day, the ring shipped. I don’t know if the cancellation fiasco put some wheels in motion or if the timing was a huge coincidence, but at any rate, the ring arrived.
I would only recommend Amazon if you get a similar deal to the one I received. I certainly wouldn’t have paid $7,800, but at $3,300, I am highly satisfied, even with the annoying delay.

NICEICE – THE TIFFANY REPLICA SETTING

I dealt primarily with Dusty at niceice.com, and he was fantastic. Frequent communication, expert knowledge, and a very positive shopping experience. My only criticism on an otherwise A+ transaction was the insistence on a wire order, which I understand is very common in the industry. I sympathize with the fact that credit cards charge a ridiculous fee to the vendor, but I had to pay a $17 wire fee and make a special trip to my bank (as opposed to an online credit card sale, where I get 1% cash back).
The setting is unbelievably great. The jeweler said that he’s never seen as good a Tiffany replica. I read every PS post on the topic (there are a ton) because my fiancée and I think the tulip-head, “hugged” diamond, and knife-edge features are not found in the typical six-prong setting (not because we want to fool people into thinking it’s an authentic T&C!). The niceice.com replica met all of these criteria, and the 2.5mm-2.0mm tapered band is so elegant. I’ve not seen the WF, Superbcert, etc. versions, but I would be surprised if there were many appreciable differences. You really can’t go wrong with the niceice.com replica.
One word of advice to those who are presently squinting at their monitors to find the “best” Tiffany replica: the setting is really, really, really small. Very obvious, yes, but I found myself getting carried away with the extreme close-up pictures. In reality, I would wager that all the “main” replicas will look identical unless you do a side-by-side comparison with a magnifying glass.

GEOFFREY’S OF SAN CARLOS, CA – THE JEWELER

Geoffrey’s was an A+++ experience. The mounting is flawless. Wendy (the goldsmith) tapered and rounded the prongs nicely, and the crown really hugs the diamond closely. The job was completed in six hours (another jeweler, Joe Escobar, had asked for 7-10 days). The service, however, is only half of the experience.
Steven (the gemologist) and I spent well over an hour talking about diamonds, jewelers, and just getting to know each other. He inspected my diamond very closely and, unlike some jewelers (who instantly tell you that all internet diamonds are junk and try to sell you their own), congratulated me on a very well-informed purchase. After awhile, Geoffrey came over and joined the conversation. They offered to clean the ring for free for life. Keep in mind: I was (probably) the lowest dollar-amount sale of the week, but they treated me as though I was purchasing a 3 ct. ring.
I cannot laud Geoffrey’s enough. Suffice to say, when it comes time to purchase our wedding bands, my fiancée and I will go straight to them.

SHOW ME THE RING

For just over $4,000, I have a phenomenal engagement ring that is impossible to differentiate from one that would’ve cost $10,000 at T&C.
As I stated earlier, my 3.2 megapixel camera is woefully insufficient to capture the beauty of the stone and the setting. Until I get my hands on something better, these will have to do. Thanks again to this great community for your tremendous assistance.

front-craigz2.jpg

front-craigz2.jpg

craigz

Rough_Rock
Pic2
rear1-craigz.jpg

rear1-craigz.jpg

craigz

Rough_Rock
rear2-craigz.jpg

craigz

Rough_Rock
Another pic

side2-craigz.jpg

craigz

Rough_Rock
Another

side3-craigz.jpg

craigz

Rough_Rock
Another

side-craigz.jpg

craigz

Rough_Rock
Another

up-craigz.jpg

craigz

Rough_Rock
Another

diamond1-craigz.jpg

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~It''s stunning and classic!!! I love it!!!
30.gif

craigz

Rough_Rock
Another

hand2-craigz.jpg

craigz

Rough_Rock
I saved my favorite pic for last...

hand3-craigz.jpg

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I posted too soon!!
2.gif
I love the hand pics...Congrats!!!
36.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, the setting looks very authentic! Congratulations!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great job, you did good! Congrats!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
you are one marvelous shopper! well done craigz!
36.gif
the ring looks just perfect. congratulations!
thank you for sharing your experience here, it is appreciated!

please post more pics when you get a chance!
2.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful ring...

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring is just lovely!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! what a savvy shopper you are and I''m sure your FI appreciates it. She got a great diamond in a great size with a gorgeous setting. Looks terrific!

a

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Great job! Love that setting...and stone...and it looks great on her hand!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely ring!!!
36.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice, wonderful story. I like the ring too. Nice setting.
21.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
You are one savvy shopper and the end result is a stunning ring that looks perfect on your fiance's hand!!!
30.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
You did a great job all the way around. It looks gorgeous on her hand, congrats!!!
30.gif
36.gif

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for this informative post.

I have had Geoffrey''s do some repair work for me and I love them. Steven is totally great and fun to talk to. They are very reasonable and I liked the work (resize and new clasp) that they did.

The ring came out very beautifully and you sure did get a nice price for a classy result!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
You savvy shopper you. Great job. The ring is fab, and I am sure she loves it.

shay

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
very pretty Craig

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Doesn''t get more classic than that! Good luck with your proposal!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Craigz, you are one resourceful dude!
36.gif
That is a drop-dead stunningly gorgeous rock and setting. Looking at it, I would''ve just assumed that it''s a $20K Tiffany piece! Great job!!!

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
9.gif
congratulations!! great work!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results