shape
carat
color
clarity

Amazing find - HPHT 0.80 VS1 Fancy Intense Green

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
This firecracker was just inspected and assessed today.

Specs are 0.80 VS1 Fancy Intense Green sporting a lovely 40.7/34.1/54 combo and tall 16% crown height.

So far, it is very impressive - lots of sparkle and fire.
The shade and saturation of green is awesome!
HPHT was crucial in this case since it is as close to a natural grown diamond as humanly attainable, and green diamonds are cool!

Screenshot_20231219-200212-794.png

Screenshot_20231219-200232-108.png

Screenshot_20231219-200249-178.png

Screenshot_20231219-200306-123.png

Screenshot_20231219-200322-595.png

Videos (and maybe ASET) to follow shortly.

Last edited:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it is fabulous!! I love the shade, and the specs are perfection! Whatcha got planned for it?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it is fabulous!! I love the shade, and the specs are perfection! Whatcha got planned for it?

Thanks, Kim N!
With his "green" light (har har), I am offering it to my BIL to gift to his wife (my sister) since she has mentioned her appeal towards green diamonds - as a bonus, the carat weight has significance and symbolism.

Last edited:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Kim N!
With his "green" light (har har), I am offering it to my BIL to gift to his wife (my sister) since she has mentioned her appeal towards green diamonds - as a bonus, the carat weight has significance and symbolism.

That's so nice of you to help your BIL, and what a lovely sentiment with the carat weight.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are you able to crop your pics before posting them so it’s closer up? I’d like to see the color and cut more clearly!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Are you able to crop your pics before posting them so it’s closer up? I’d like to see the color and cut more clearly!

About the best that I can do right now before bed beckons.

Screenshot_20231219-221600-688.png

Screenshot_20231219-221523-320.png

Screenshot_20231219-221644-262.png

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! What a unique stone. Too bad it’s not for you or you SO!

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
Does the color look pretty accurate to the vendor video? It’s exciting to see well cut colored diamonds that would normally not be cut with natural rough!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Does the color look pretty accurate to the vendor video? It’s exciting to see well cut colored diamonds that would normally not be cut with natural rough!

Hi 0-0-0!
It's close, but not quite representative of the actual color of the diamond. Purely a photography environment and lighting thing.
The actual color of the diamond seems more vividly medium---medium-dark green, so not the darker green as depicted in the 360 video...which is fine because it has a really awesome hue and transparency that shows a lot of sparkle and fire, but not too light or too dark of a body hue, so it's probably "just right" to someone like my sister with Celtic/Irish roots - if that makes sense?
Apologies - a bit hard to explain in words.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
OMG, can't you keep it? Tell them it was lost in the mail? What a fabulous stone! It's gorgeous. I WANT one.
Did I mention green is my most coveted color?

I found a couple more HPHT vivid greens with similar hue...if you're interested, then let me.know and I'll post the links. :D

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Well, that's very interesting. Because that's very nearly the same "olive" color that my old 2000s C&C moissanites have appeared as outdoors ever since I had cataract surgery. Fancy intense green diamond color! Who knew! And here I have been complaining about this free bonus gift for the past year. :lol:

Of course, nobody else but me can see that green, and it is not there in photographs, either, which makes this even funnier.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Well, that's very interesting. Because that's very nearly the same "olive" color that my old 2000s C&C moissanites have appeared as outdoors ever since I had cataract surgery. Fancy intense green diamond color! Who knew! And here I have been complaining about this free bonus gift for the past year. :lol:

Of course, nobody else but me can see that green, and it is not there in photographs, either, which makes this even funnier.

Pictures and videos definitely don't do it justice...impossible to capture the "depth" of the diamond's green body color.
I'm sure that's about the same scenario as the body color of your green Moissy.

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Pictures and videos definitely don't do it justice...impossible to capture the "depth" of the diamond's green body color.
I'm sure that's about the same scenario as the body color of your green Moissy.
In the case of my old moissanites, it's clearly some property of the lens implant material interacting with the moissanite, because that olive green is only seen through my lenses, not in any photos and not by other people. It's the weirdest thing, ever. But now I feel better about it, lol. I immediately got out my J/K diamond and M diamond to see if their colors also look strange now, but they don't. The J/K diamond's tint actually looks lovelier. It's only those older moissanites that went olive.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Mazel Tov Deja!!!!
Now you see just how difficult it is to capture FCD's to show your eyes actually see!
I'm sure it's much nicer than the pics and video indicate ( no offense intended to your photographic skills!)

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Mazel Tov Deja!!!!
Now you see just how difficult it is to capture FCD's to show what your eyes actually see!
I'm sure it's much nicer than the pics and video indicate ( no offense intended to your photographic skills!)

Thank you, David!
No offense taken...I'm working with pretty run of the mill consumer equipment: a cell phone camera haha

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Kim N!

My favourite colour
lucky girl

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
it's very sparkly and pretty DejaWiz. Your sister is going to love it!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous piece, I'd kill for one like that. Your family is lucky to have you.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Bittersweet update: my sister is full speed ahead about wanting a green EGD, which is fine since it's all about personal preference and green EGDs are quite unique in the fact that they come into existence due to radiation exposure during natural crystal formation.
What to do with this beauty? Hmmmmmm...

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bittersweet update: my sister is full speed ahead about wanting a green EGD, which is fine since it's all about personal preference and green EGDs are quite unique in the fact that they come into existence due to radiation exposure during natural crystal formation.
What to do with this beauty? Hmmmmmm...

You should treat yourself and use it in a fabulous piece of jewelry. I vote ring so you can easily view and appreciate it. You have helped countless people purchase fabulous diamonds and deserve to be rewarded,

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Looks like this beauty was meant for you.
You'll probably get setting ideas/suggestions. Quite likely.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I'm secretly not mad, but not sure just yet if my wife and I are going to keep this diamond.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
It's such a great color! Wouldn't your wife love to have it?

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
Are you keeping it? Does it perform differently than your 0.76 D? Does the fire look different? I haven’t had the opportunity to compare similarly well cut colored rounds in person yet, so would like to know what to look out for.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results