shape
carat
color
clarity

Am I weird?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
I can''t sleep tonight so strange things go through my head.

I decided I wanted a beaded veil but I wasn''t willing to shell out $200+ for one. I purchased a very nice, plain veil and have been slowly but surely adding beads along the egde. This is slow work (I''m just shy of halfway done and I''ve put at least 10 hours into it) and I have to take frequent breaks. When I take a break from beading I''ve been, well, putting on my veil and just sitting on the couch.

6.gif
38.gif
32.gif

My FI looks at me like I''ve lost my mind. It is so much fun to wear a veil and I''ve been getting such a kick out of wearing it for those few minutes at a time. I can''t be the only one who tries on their accessories over and over and over again.

Oh, and the beading is turning out wonderfully! I''ve found that the beaded part lays sooo much nicer than the un-beaded part. I hope it sparkles beautifully in the wind and will look great out on the beach.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
No, you are not weird! Lol. Sounds fun, I would do it, too!
5.gif
And that is so cool that you''re DIYing it I can''t wait to see it when you''re done!

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
Haha so your post totally had me cracking up! Sounds like something I would do. And to answer your question... yeah, maybe a little weird, but the GOOD kind of weird! Haha I bet it''s one of the reasons your FI loves you! And you MUST post photos of the veil when you''re done! Or you could even post one now to show us your progress! I''d love to see!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Not at all weird! I'm DIY-ing my veil and can't decide what I want, so I have three different versions in various lengths. I've definitely put more work into it than tulle and a comb should require! But for a grand total of $24.50 for three veils, I can't complain too much
37.gif

Please post pics when you have a chance!

ETA: I also wore mine when I was making them, and sometimes try them on to try to decide which I like best. FI hasn't seen them yet, but the cat definitely thinks I'm nuts.

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
omgosh that sounds awesome. You will have a terrific "remember when" in ears to come

My niece did that with her veil. Her mom helped her cut it and she put beads all along the edge. It was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo pretty. As well as way cheap and not the least bit cheap looking. People loved it.

:) Have fun....

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Not weird at all, downright hilarious and something I would totally do :)

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh - i totally just laughed out loud reading this! i am sure that its a little weird, but i am also sure plenty of people do similar things when they are alone
28.gif

recently my sister was at my mom''s house for the night (where her former wedding dress lives for some reason - she was married years ago) and she put it on and sat around for the entire evening chatting with my mom and her husband and watching tv....i wish i had been there. Oh yeah, and both my sister and my mom (i dunno) have tiaras and i KNOW they wear them sometimes - i''ve seen it!

I can''t wait to see your veil! if it turns out nicely, i might do the same thing. You know, i have no idea why, but i NEVER even considered the cost of the veil...did i think they were free or something????
33.gif

post a pic please!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d do it!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Hahahahaha!! Weird? NO!!! That is freaking awesome. Lol!!

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/12/2009 10:08:40 AM
Author: meresal
Hahahahaha!! Weird? NO!!! That is freaking awesome. Lol!!

+1!

Not to mention, think of this possible future scenario: you have a daughter, and she falls in love with the veil through the pictures of your wedding. Someday, she wants to wear it. Just think of how it will be all the more special because her mother MADE it! That''s something wonderful!!! You''re creating an heirloom, and didn''t even know it.
36.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I''m sure I''ll be doing the same thing. I made a beaded/embroidered edge veil for my friend''s wedding and I definitely tried it on once or twice... or maybe I walked around my apartment in it... just a little.
41.gif

Post pics of your work! I want to see the beading.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all the reassurance. I''m not sure if that makes me normal or the rest of you freaks? Maybe a bit of both! HA!

I''ll try and get a photo tonight. I''m using two types of beads - small round white ones and small clear/iridescent tube ones. I put on one round followed by 9 of the clear, then sew the string in and out of some of the veil fabric before putting on the next set of beads. This is attaching it at the same time. Like I mentioned, it is slow going but as long as I keep putting in an hour here and there it will get done.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d totally do that if I had my veil here! Men just don''t understand it
9.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think you''re weird! I''ve been married for almost 14 years and I occasionally pull out my veil. I am/was missing the bride gene, but, for some reason I loooooove veils!
9.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes. Oh wait, I should at least read your post before commenting.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
And I thought it was going to be about something that was actually somewhat weird. DIYing to make something more sparkly...NOT WEIRD.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
sounds wonderful! I am glad it is turning out so well!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 12:15:34 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Yes. Oh wait, I should at least read your post before commenting.
The original draft of my first post said that Freke was NOT allowed to answer my question. Then I decided I was being too mean. Obviously I was right on.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Suuuuurrrreeeeeee it did. Just for that little comment there, I''m not going to make you cookies.
27.gif

teapot

Shiny_Rock
lol. I did the dishes in my tiara. If that makes me weird, than you must be weird too.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 5:07:11 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Suuuuurrrreeeeeee it did. Just for that little comment there, I''m not going to make you cookies.
27.gif
Good. I don''t want any of those nasty Nutella things.

I have "Take photos of veil" at the top of my to-do list for after work today! Standby!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Nope! You can practically get away with anything when you are a bride-to-be
11.gif
9.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah they weren''t that good. I''m considering making different ones tonight.

(They really don''t taste like Nutella though...)

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha! Too cute! I''d do that too! I keep bringing out my 15lb Indian wedding dress from the back of my closet...only to wear it for 5 minutes max before I put it away again!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Ok, here are a few veil photos I took. I love how much the beads make the edge stand out.

ericarveil1.JPG

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
another one

ericarveil2.JPG

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Last one

ericarveil3.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
FINALLY!!!!!

And YES, you''re still weird.

But I do like the veil...

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, you had me cracking up out loud! A little weird but I like weird!
2.gif

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
You may be weird, but no more so than the rest of us
32.gif
31.gif
AND you make a splendid veil! Why wouldn''t you want to wear it as often as you can? It''s the little things that get us through
26.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results